Changing from a package to room only question

Kagoguen

Mouseketeer
I have a package deal for dated 3/24-4/1/17. I used a room only pin. I was planning on using my income tax to pay off the balance, but according to the news tax refunds are being delayed. My question is the balance is due 2/22/17 and if I change the reservation to room only I heard that the balance is due on arrival. Is this correct? If so this would give me plenty of time to get my tax refund. Another question can I add hopper passes and ddp at check in? Thanks in advance

The problem is that to go from a package to room only (or the other way around) would mean actually having to cancel the package and then book the room only separately because they're separate booking systems. I don't know if they would be able to honor the pin on the new reservation.

Tickets can be purchased when you get there (I'm not sure if they can do it at check in), but you wouldn't be able to book FP ahead of time. DDP can't be added at check in - I think it has to be added no later than 3 days ahead of time.

Before you start making alternate plans, are you positive your return will include one of the tax credits causing the delay?

I have a package deal for dated 3/24-4/1/17. I used a room only pin. I was planning on using my income tax to pay off the balance, but according to the news tax refunds are being delayed. My question is the balance is due 2/22/17 and if I change the reservation to room only I heard that the balance is due on arrival. Is this correct? If so this would give me plenty of time to get my tax refund. Another question can I add hopper passes and ddp at check in? Thanks in advance

The pp is correct. The package would have to be cancelled/refunded and RO booked, requiring a new deposit of 1 night's room rate + tax (with the balance due at check in). You would not be able to add the DDP at check in as that must be added at least 3 days prior to arrival (like pp mentioned). Depending on how much you owe and if you could pay a lesser amount by the due date, maybe consider taking off the tickets and making your existing reservation a ticketless package (room + DDP), and then buy park tickets when you get there. This, however, wouldn't allow you to make FP selections, but you could keep the DDP. If you choose to change to RO, you might need to talk to guest services. If the room you have booked is no longer available with your discount or your pin has expired, CRO will not be able to make the change without you losing the discount, but guest services should be able to help. Good luck.

Before you start making alternate plans, are you positive your return will include one of the tax credits causing the delay?

Thank you.....I just checked the IRS website and I'm not claiming either of the deductions that are causing delays.....PHEW!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter