Changes to the Dining Plan

For me i'd rather have the option of snacks rather than desserts on QS.
We always seem to end up with a fridge full of cookies / brownies where we'd happily drink an extra soda every day or use a snack credit to get a bagel for breakfast and keep QS for lunch or dinner.
I see hoe some people view this as losing 2 desserts to gain one snack but for the savoury toothed among us, it's a definite positive.

Just a heads up from the UK again! Our Free Dining offer for 2017 was released today, and the UK Disney World Site is now confirming these changes to the Dining Plan! The Dining Plans have always been the same across the board so to me it's looking likely that the new plans will look as the links below show!

http://www.disneyholidays.co.uk/walt-disney-world/deals/2017-free-dine-packages/032/
http://www.maximisethemagic.com/feature/disney-dining-plan-changing/
http://www.virginholidays.co.uk/special-offers/disney-dining-plan

We generally use the Regular Plan so for us there's not much change, bar more flexibility. I feel for those who use the QS plan though as it seems it's losing out!

Do US free dining offers usually mirror the UK free dining offers? Noticing that the quick service plan is included with a moderate stay and regular dining plan included with deluxe - is this a sign of what the US free dining offer would be in 2017 if offered?

Do US free dining offers usually mirror the UK free dining offers? Noticing that the quick service plan is included with a moderate stay and regular dining plan included with deluxe - is this a sign of what the US free dining offer would be in 2017 if offered?

I don't think they've ever mirrored each other - The UK FD offer has been tiered in this way for a number of years now, while the US offer has operated differently. The only thing I know that has been the same up to this point is the make-up of the Dining Plans!

I don't think they've ever mirrored each other - The UK FD offer has been tiered in this way for a number of years now, while the US offer has operated differently. The only thing I know that has been the same up to this point is the make-up of the Dining Plans!

phew - thank you for the clarification!!

We only do QS, so we are losing out on this change. With the option to switch out the dessert to a drink or side, it really opened up the possibilities if you did not want the dessert with your meal. We love the desserts, so I will miss them. And we did sometimes substitute out for something different. I am glad they at least gave an extra snack credit, but down two things and giving one...makes this plan less in my eyes. I know it's just to save them money. The regular plan looks like a much better deal now.

We only do QS, so we are losing out on this change. With the option to switch out the dessert to a drink or side, it really opened up the possibilities if you did not want the dessert with your meal. We love the desserts, so I will miss them. And we did sometimes substitute out for something different. I am glad they at least gave an extra snack credit, but down two things and giving one...makes this plan less in my eyes. I know it's just to save them money. The regular plan looks like a much better deal now.

I agree. We've generally done the regular plan and it's looking like the best all round, so will keep doing it! QS definitely seems to be losing out, and so does the Deluxe if the Virgin Holidays site is right about it losing the appetiser.

I know it's all to do with making Disney money but I just can't fathom how they can justify keeping the Deluxe plan price the same (or even increasing for next year) and cutting out the appetiser (effectively 3 courses!) I'm sure they've done the math and all that, it just doesn't make sense to me! I suppose there'll still be a lot of people who enjoy being able to do a lot of signatures and they'll still pay for it!

So, if they are modifying QS and regular plans to include extra snack but no dessert with lunch, when does this change go into effect system-wide?

So, if they are modifying QS and regular plans to include extra snack but no dessert with lunch, when does this change go into effect system-wide?

I would assume 2017 as the changes have been released alongside the UK's 2017 Free Dining Offer. As much as there's the possibility that only UK travellers will be affected by the DP change I'm assuming it would be far too difficult to operate different variations of the plans for different travellers! I guess we'll know more once Disney release their 2017 dining plans :)

No, there won't be multiple versions. Once released, it'll apply to everyone. But changes historically go into offer in May or so for a year.

Wait, what?!?! Deluxe dining at $120 pp per day doesn't include apps now?!!
No. People thought they removed the apps last year, but they did not. There's no reason to believe they're removing them next year.

No. People thought they removed the apps last year, but they did not. There's no reason to believe they're removing them next year.

Virgin Holidays description of the Deluxe Plan for 2017 states only entree and dessert - there is a chance they have their information wrong but Im working with the plan losing appetisers (which sucks!) 2017 is still a long way off though, they could revert it back (ever the optimist lol) or make further changes before then!

Virgin Holidays description of the Deluxe Plan for 2017 states only entree and dessert - there is a chance they have their information wrong but Im working with the plan losing appetisers (which sucks!) 2017 is still a long way off though, they could revert it back (ever the optimist lol) or make further changes before then!

They don't specifically say it's been removed. They just don't list it in the description. Which is exactly the same thing that happened last year. There's no reason to believe it's being removed at this point in time.

This thread began with a kindly heads up to 2017 Dining Plan changes from across the pond. So I wanted to say congrats to all the Leicester City fans out their for a remarkable season and historic run to the EPL championship.

For 14 days while at POR last September I began and ended nearly every day while in the room watching live or replays of EPL matches as the season began. And now some 9 months later, after watching weekly from home, a 5,000 to 1 champion is crowned. The longest odds in any major sport. Pretty amazing climb over the past 3 seasons.

For those Spurs fans among out there, condolences and best of luck next season. If that Chelsea match was any indication, your club will be on fire in August. And I'll be watching again the first 2 weeks of September back at POR with my brood.

They don't specifically say it's been removed. They just don't list it in the description. Which is exactly the same thing that happened last year. There's no reason to believe it's being removed at this point in time.

ooh I never thought of it that way! I suppose in the same light, there is no official confirmation that Dessert has been removed from the QS meals on the DP either - t's just not listed in the description! Although I honestly can't see them giving us an extra snack without losing something elsewhere - keeping or losing the ap with the Deluxe plan doesn't seem to be as straightforward!

I love the 2 snack credit change. Can't wait for it to be released for the US. Anyone know when it is typically made available to add? (for 2017)

I love the 2 snack credit change. Can't wait for it to be released for the US. Anyone know when it is typically made available to add? (for 2017)

IF it happens, there should be an announcement when the 2017 packages become available. That would be July. So IF they make the change, any dining plan packages that begin in 2017 would qualify.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter