• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Celiac and syrup?

megs1313

DIS Veteran
My DD1 has celiac and reacts to certain syrups (usually store brand, it's the malt flavoring they add) and so at home we only use 100% pure maple syrup. DD is a huge mickey waffles fan and I see that they have a gluten free version of those, but I'm wondering if I'll need to bring my own syrup. Does anyone know? I tried calling the special dietary line and they keep cutting me off.

I would just bring your own to be safe.
When we ate breakfast with someone who is gluten intolerant, we just got a little pitcher of syrup, so I don't even know what brand it was or if it would be pure maple.
They do occasionally switch brands of things, so even if someone visited a year ago and had 100% pure maple syrup, it may have changed.

I also have celiac.

When I order gluten free waffles, they always give me syrup that is gluten free.

You should always check syrup for malt. But most brands do not add it.

We have more complicated allergies but at home we only use pure maple syrup because of a number of additives and colorings in artificial syrups. We've yet to not be able to find pure maple syrup at any of the restaurants where we've eaten breakfast, but we do often speak to chefs in advance of our trips. TS restaurants seem to have it regardless, but it was an option at our resort food court as well. We didn't end up eating breakfast there though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter