Celebrations Magazine

D23 is completely different and ridiculously over-priced. I honestly like Celebrations better. It is new and there are some kinks to be worked out but please give 'em a break, they don't have the resources that Disney has. I think if you hang in there you'll be really pleased with the magazine.

Personally, I dont think D23 magazine is overprived......I enjoy the size, the coffee table size, and the photos and articles are good. No ads, which is really nice. There has only been one, who knows whats in store in upcoming issues.

D23 is not for everyone. But, to those of us that are D23, its very good.

Just received No. 4 (March/April 2009)!

Each issue gets better and better. This one even came with something extra - a Small World montage poster!

I actually emailed them a few days ago about my 3-month wait and he apologized profusely, saying I would get the next issue that is coming out. So I'm not really sure of the holdup, but I'm pleased with the customer service. :)

Personally, I dont think D23 magazine is overprived......I enjoy the size, the coffee table size, and the photos and articles are good. No ads, which is really nice. There has only been one, who knows whats in store in upcoming issues.

D23 is not for everyone. But, to those of us that are D23, its very good.

What exactly does being D23 mean?

can someone post a pic of the d23 magazine? i'm thinking about getting that one since these celebration ones seem to take soooo long.

I didn't buy one so no pics but you can check it out if you have a Barnes and Noble near you :goodvibes

What exactly does being D23 mean?

D is for Disney and 23 is for 1923, the year that the Disney brothers opened shop.

I can't believe that Celebrations is still working out the kinks months and months after the first issue. It's really too bad.

I've been a subscriber since the first edition, and I'm thoroughly impressed by the content, size and overall quality of Celebrations magazine.

Fortunately, I didn't experience any of the issues that others have. I probably had a slow delivery of an edition or two, but they have all arrived in good shape.

Tim Foster and Lou Mongello have done a bangup job with this new venture. I'd love to see it go to monthly, instead of bimonthly, if they have the resources.

I've been impressed with the magazine and the customer service. The featured attraction and featured resort each month is great.

Is there anyone else that didn't get the 4th issue yet? I haven't received mine and I checked their site and it says that issue was due out in late April...wondering what happened.

Just received issue No.6 (July/August).:banana:

A reminder to everyone who susbscribed from the beginning - No. 6 is the last issue! Time to renew!:thumbsup2

Just received issue No.6 (July/August).:banana:

A reminder to everyone who susbscribed from the beginning - No. 6 is the last issue! Time to renew!:thumbsup2

You panicked me! I read that quickly and thought that it meant issue #6 was the last ... ever!

Yep, I've already renewed.

And if I may add, issue #6 features my first article for Celebrations -- Dining on the High Seas.

Is there a renewal card in issue#6? I had expected one in #5 but it wasn't there. I'm eagerly awaiting #6 and don't want to miss renewing. If there isn't a renewal card in there I'll have to contact them in another way and would like to do it sooner rather than later. Thanks for any info.

Is there a renewal card in issue#6? I had expected one in #5 but it wasn't there. I'm eagerly awaiting #6 and don't want to miss renewing. If there isn't a renewal card in there I'll have to contact them in another way and would like to do it sooner rather than later. Thanks for any info.

Mine just came today. There wasn't a renewal "card", just a reminder that it's the last issue in the subscription and a note to go to their website to re-up. I've already done so ... they sent out emails a couple of weeks ago, IIRC.

Issue 6 is the best issue to date IMO. Adventureland article, Jungle Cruise is featured attraction, article on the history of Discovery Island all the way back to a family living on it in the 1920's, and a write up about the originally planned resorts that never happened.
I renewed via paypal using the renew code to insure we don't miss an issue. :thumbsup2

We just got home from our trip today and my newest issue was home waiting for me. Maybe that'll help with the post-Disney blues.

I got the notice about it being the last issue and to renew my subscription. I did that when I got the last one. Does anyone know if I can double-check on that? I don't want to renew twice!

Does anyone know if the October issue will cover Christmas? We will be in DW for the MVMCP.

Also, has anyone been able to find Celebrations in a store? :confused3 I checked various newsstands and Borders, but they don't carry it. I would just prefer to buy the magazines individually rather than the subscription.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter