Castle photo bombs are SO not magical!

I think there's a vast difference between photobombing your own friends and family (if they don't like it, they'll let you know) and photobombing strangers. There's also a difference between accidental photobombs (or even just grinning/waving when someone happens to point a camera in your direction), and jumping in where you aren't wanted.

Additionally, there's a difference between being photobombed by a cast member, and being photobombed by another guest. In the case of the cast member, s/he's in uniform and representing Walt Disney World, so it's all good fun. They're basically a celebrity. Plus, you can trust s/he'll have the good sense not to jump in where s/he's definitely not wanted (like grandma's staged 50th anniversary pic in front of the castle). A random guest? Not so much.

This is adorable, and undoubtedly a treasured memory:

98feeb1b04ef59da0dd37fa260d89264.jpg

This? From what I understand the targets took it in good humour, but many others wouldn't:

n1575780152_30442484_5490286.jpg

Whose face would you rather have in your photo? A Dapper Dan, or this doofus?

We checked here so many times on two different days last week and there was never a photog there, even when the app said there was!
We got a pict there our first day of vacation and it was a nice location but the sun wasn't the best so we looked all week but never saw a photopass photographer there the rest of the week.

OK, I know the spot you're talking about. I just haven't been a fan of that spot because the wall behind is solid. I loved the Rose Garden spot because of all the green space that showed.

It's not exactly the same, but there is a nice spot in front of the hub grass/wishes FP area.

Not many people walk that path and because of the landscaping no one can be directly behind you.

This isn't the best example, but you can see where the PP photographer is
12063307_10153291696302424_1856660552306570712_n.jpg

It's not exactly the same, but there is a nice spot in front of the hub grass/wishes FP area.

Not many people walk that path and because of the landscaping no one can be directly behind you.

This isn't the best example, but you can see where the PP photographer is
12063307_10153291696302424_1856660552306570712_n.jpg

We'll have to try that. It looks like it has some potential. Thanks!

OK, I know the spot you're talking about. I just haven't been a fan of that spot because the wall behind is solid. I loved the Rose Garden spot because of all the green space that showed.

IMG_8753 by mom2rtk, on Flickr
This could quite possibly be my most favorite picture!!! How fabulous!! My DD was never into Disney Princesses - she has been a Tinker Bell girlie from the time she was about 3 (she's about to be 14 this month) and while I just love all of the pics we have of her, it's so fun to see older girls in Princess dresses and this one is simply priceless!! :lovestruc

The two carved out spots on either side of the castle are still there...as of last week...and we got some great pictures there.

This could quite possibly be my most favorite picture!!! How fabulous!! My DD was never into Disney Princesses - she has been a Tinker Bell girlie from the time she was about 3 (she's about to be 14 this month) and while I just love all of the pics we have of her, it's so fun to see older girls in Princess dresses and this one is simply priceless!! :lovestruc

Thanks Jackie! It's one of my favorite pictures ever. And I've taken a few. ;)

This isn't bad spot (near Crystal Palace)...just don't like the lamp post over DD's head.

11248694_10206283384354953_7668017932799653600_n.jpg

This isn't bad spot (near Crystal Palace)...just don't like the lamp post over DD's head.

11248694_10206283384354953_7668017932799653600_n.jpg

I love the landscaping and ornamental fence and lamps in general, but for shots like this? Not a fan. That's too bad.

I had issues with the lamp posts shooting Wishes from inside that area as well.

OP- I totally agree with you- people need to try and find a way without ruining others fun. Since "photo bombers" have no way of knowing how a family/person would react, they are really putting their own enjoyment ahead of others. I had someone photobomb my parents and my entire family in front of the castle for my parents 50th wedding anniversary. I was not amused and l looked for this person while I was there throughout the day (noticed early when we went to view the pictures). If I had found them, I would have def. given them an earful of my non-Disney approved opinion of their action and if they would have opened their mouth to say anything other than sorry- I may have leveled them. So beware photo bombers- you never know who you may be photobombing and you could run into an intolerant jerk like myself. Don't be a toolbag and find a way to entertain yourself that doesn't involve me.

Isn't that extremely...extreme? Why was it impossible for you to take a better picture afterwards? Did everyone leave right after?

I think there's a vast difference between photobombing your own friends and family (if they don't like it, they'll let you know) and photobombing strangers. There's also a difference between accidental photobombs (or even just grinning/waving when someone happens to point a camera in your direction), and jumping in where you aren't wanted.

Additionally, there's a difference between being photobombed by a cast member, and being photobombed by another guest. In the case of the cast member, s/he's in uniform and representing Walt Disney World, so it's all good fun. They're basically a celebrity. Plus, you can trust s/he'll have the good sense not to jump in where s/he's definitely not wanted (like grandma's staged 50th anniversary pic in front of the castle). A random guest? Not so much.

This is adorable, and undoubtedly a treasured memory:

98feeb1b04ef59da0dd37fa260d89264.jpg

This? From what I understand the targets took it in good humour, but many others wouldn't:

n1575780152_30442484_5490286.jpg

Whose face would you rather have in your photo? A Dapper Dan, or this doofus?

Love the bottom pic. These just make me giggle. I check my photos after I take them now. I don't mind a good bomber though. Harmless fun.

While it isn't in my personality to intentionally photobomb anyone, I am also truly struggling to understand the problem expressed in this thread. To me this sounds like a case of unrealistic expectations.

1. Expecting a photo devoid of odd strangers in MK is setting yourself up for failure.

2. It also seems odd why anyone wouldn't take many shots and delete the extras. If the shot was important, why didn't she review them (while in MK)? and take more shots if none looked good.

3. For guests who want pro shots, WDW offers pro photo sessions.

4. EVERY photo distorts reality! To think otherwise is to misunderstand what photos are. Focus = a distortion. Flash = distortion. Digital cameras make all kinds of adjustments to the image. Every image has a border, and every image is shot at a specific angle.

There was a wonderful Pickles cartoon a few years back...The wife was looking at old pictures and says something like, "I always used to be disappointed when I looked at pictures of myself. Now I'd be thrilled to look the way I did 20 years ago."

I guess that's always my take on photos, wait ten years, and you'll think ALL the old ones are gems.

Why didn't you look at the pic(s) right after taking them. I'm assuming you are shooting with a digital camera or your cell phone. It's not like you took the pics using film and didn't know you were photobombed until you got back home and had the film developed.

As previous posters stated, take multiple pics and then delete out the bad ones. It's digital so you see the results right away.

Additionally, there's a difference between being photobombed by a cast member, and being photobombed by another guest.
I disagree. Though I'm not personally interested in intentionally photobombing anyone else, I really don't see why this is a big deal.

Also, I'm struggling to understand how you could take a photo and NOT realize a guy in a bright purple suit was in it.

Maybe the solution here is education. Community level classes in photography are easy to come by, fun, and very helpful. I think it is also very useful to learn something of the history of photography, how photos have changed our world, and I truly think EVERYONE should know something of how heavily modern commercial photos are distorted.

NOBODY looks like the photos on magazine covers. In short, they are beyond fake. But if you anyone wishes to have a good chuckle, search up for photo shopped images gone wrong. Magazines often publish images where the arms/legs of a model are all wrong or completely missing.

Oh, and the food they use in ads is not food at all. It is painted plastic. Fake food models cost $100's each! and big companies happily pay it.

My sister photo bombs my family all the time. It drives me nuts. She thinks it is funny. IT probably was.........the first time. However, time number 16,001 .....NOT SO MUCH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter