• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Caring for Giants

If you are on your phone, turn your phone sideways and you'll see the info at the bottom of yulilin's post. It's in her Signature area.
Thanks - weird I am on a laptop and I all I see under the SW thread link is the line starting with "live streaming...

Thanks - weird I am on a laptop and I all I see under the SW thread link is the line starting with "live streaming...
As soon as i get back home I'll go into more details about the tour or if you have questions

Last edited:

A couple of additional things from the tour:
If anyone in the tour group has a wheelchair or stroller everyone will walk towards the FOTLK theater and park the w/c, ecv or stroller there. If no one has those things you go through the backstage entrance by safari
If you are traveling in a ecv and cannot walk they will park the ecv by FOTLK get a regular wheelchair and use that. The reason is that the van lift doesn't have the capacity to lift an ecv.

I pm'ed all of you asking. The Dis has strict rules that I don't want to break, so can't link directly

Guys it's not a link, I can't link because of Disboard rules, if you see my signature it tells you where to go.

Just booked this for June! :woohoo:

My DD is just shy of being old enough for Wild Africa Trek so I'm super excited about this new option!

Ok, I just got through page 1 and haven't read the other pages.
I went the first day it was opened - March 12th and did the second tour of the day at 11am. Our tour was full (there is a DVC discount too). It was fun and nice to do for something different and only for an hour without a great deal of cost. The CM's were super excited being the first day of it. You get to go backstage (they tell you no photos allowed) and go to what they call "the berm" to view the elephants and take pics. Note that the elephants are free roaming so if they aren't near the berm and more towards the safari vehicles, you won't get to see a lot of them. The baby was out and that was cute. They did walk by close for a bit but did start to wander around so they aren't super close to you the entire time.
They have another CM who talks about how they care for them (hence the name) and you get to learn some neat things about them and how the population of them is dwindling. Part of the funds for the tour go to Disney Conservation that goes directly for the saving of the elephants in Africa etc.

If you've been a lot of times, it is nice to do for something inexpensive and short. I enjoyed it but of course it was earlier in the morning (don't know if that makes a difference) and the elephants were walking by the berm. If they aren't anywhere near, it can be disappointing as you won't see much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter