Caring for Giants

Couple of questions:
Does the tour seem to run pretty strict on time?
Do you get dropped off at the same place you check in?
Trying to figure out if it makes sense to keep the 10:30am tour I currently have scheduled, with a 12:00-2:00 AP Pandora preview scheduled on the same day??
Hearing people are lining up early for the previews, so perhaps I should either change to the 10:00am or change the day all together.....thanks for any input.

I'm thinking about booking this tour for my animal loving granddaughters. Has anyone taken this tour and how was it? Please and thanks!

Booked today for July 15th. We are doing the Wild Africa Trek as well but since DD loves elephants I figured this would be an extra fun onepaw:
I'm debating wild trek for our trip in December hope to hear how your trip goes for wild trek

I have booked the Caring for Giants for Sunday morning! My granddaughters will be so very excited. - Thanks!

Was considering this for my upcoming trip! I just booked Behind the Seeds because ive never done it, but im considering this as well. Since both are only an hour, its not like it'll bite into my ride time too much.

Did it this morning with our 6 and 11 year olds, and loved it !!! We did the 9:30, and had the tour to ourselves -- the kids had a blast -- the CMs were all very sweet and really knew their stuff !!

Baby Stella is quite the character ! A ball of energy ! Running all over the place --- great photo ops !!

Give it a solid 10 !!

Good to know that you can do it with 6 and 11 yo. I assumed there was a minimum age, but my DGDs would love this.

Doesn't it bother anyone that we have already paid a lot for the park, including the safari ride to see the animals elephants included. Why do we have to pay more to see the elephants more closely??? I am just getting tired of the upcharges for things we have already paid for. I know it's a closer look, but really??? Just a thought........
I just came across this thread so I might be a bit late, but last year we did the Wild African trek which set us back 600+ for two adults and 1 child- not including admission to the park and I must say it was $600 well spent. I had one of the best times of all my years in Disney. As a side note we do Disney on a budget and this was a treat for us, not something we can afford often.

I just came across this thread so I might be a bit late, but last year we did the Wild African trek which set us back 600+ for two adults and 1 child- not including admission to the park and I must say it was $600 well spent. I had one of the best times of all my years in Disney. As a side note we do Disney on a budget and this was a treat for us, not something we can afford often.
What time of year did you do it and what time of the day? We're going in December and strongly considering this.

What time of year did you do it and what time of the day? We're going in December and strongly considering this.
We went in late January and it was a morning tour and it was chili. It was low 50s but we new going in what the weather was like and we dressed for the weather. We had on gloves, scarfs and hats but we still had so much fun. My daughter still beg to go back but I have to remind her it's not cheap. Its worth to go at least once.

So i want to book Caring for Giants, and I'm unsure when. I have time to take the 4 or 4:30 tour on monday, July 24th, or I could try to do it earlier in the AM on July 26th. The only thing is, I've never been to Pandora, and while I want to try for Flights of Passage for EMH monday, if it doesnt work out I want to go first thing Wed AM, so im worried about having a tour booked and potentially missing it. That said, I've heard morning is when the elephants are most active and its more worth going then, so im really torn! Anyone have experience with a late afternoon tour?

So i want to book Caring for Giants, and I'm unsure when. I have time to take the 4 or 4:30 tour on monday, July 24th, or I could try to do it earlier in the AM on July 26th. The only thing is, I've never been to Pandora, and while I want to try for Flights of Passage for EMH monday, if it doesnt work out I want to go first thing Wed AM, so im worried about having a tour booked and potentially missing it. That said, I've heard morning is when the elephants are most active and its more worth going then, so im really torn! Anyone have experience with a late afternoon tour?

We were on a later afternoon tour (started somewhere between 3-4 I think) in late May this year and it was great! I don't know that the elephants were "active", but we had a really great view of all of them, including baby Stella. The tour is so interesting I think it's worth it no matter what time of day. Also, we did not book our tour ahead of time, we walked up to the tour desk the day off and were able to get onto the afternoon tour (not the next one leaving, but the one after that). We had 2 people.

We were on a later afternoon tour (started somewhere between 3-4 I think) in late May this year and it was great! I don't know that the elephants were "active", but we had a really great view of all of them, including baby Stella. The tour is so interesting I think it's worth it no matter what time of day. Also, we did not book our tour ahead of time, we walked up to the tour desk the day off and were able to get onto the afternoon tour (not the next one leaving, but the one after that). We had 2 people.
Than you this is super helpful! Im just going on a solo trip so i imagine walking up and booking wont be a problem at all. I guess ill book for monday afternoon then!

Just got done with the tour about 3 hours ago. Definitely worth it and would do it again. Plenty of time with the quiet clear view of the elephants, got a history of the animals there, staff very friendly and knowledgeable. Cool pic at the end with all of them huddled together almost like a group pic:rainbow:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter