• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Caring for Giants

Thank you for that additional information I couldn't get the link to work for me yesterday so I'm going to call today. His face lit up when I told him about it yesterday.

How exciting! Good luck let me know how it goes.

[
Doesn't it bother anyone that we have already paid a lot for the park, including the safari ride to see the animals elephants included. Why do we have to pay more to see the elephants more closely??? I am just getting tired of the upcharges for things we have already paid for. I know it's a closer look, but really??? Just a thought........

Nope, doesn't bother me - I think if I went to Disney lots and needed different/new things to do, this would help keep the magic going.....it can be looked as an upcharge, or it could be viewed as something "special" to do if you so choose....for now, I'll be sticking to the "free with park ticket purchase" safari ride. :thumbsup2

Doesn't it bother anyone that we have already paid a lot for the park, including the safari ride to see the animals elephants included. Why do we have to pay more to see the elephants more closely??? I am just getting tired of the upcharges for things we have already paid for. I know it's a closer look, but really??? Just a thought........
The thing is that you DON'T have to pay more if you don't want to see them closer. If you are lucky you can see the elephants close while on safari, this is for people that are looking for an extra experience on them.

What an ordeal.
Decided to call to book the tour for tomorrow Wednesday. First of all it said my wait would be more than 25 minutes so I decided to wait , 45 minutes later I finally got someone. All the waiting time was without even music so I wasn't sure if the call was on hold or not. So I asked to book that tour and she asked for my name and she couldn't find my account finally she found my account and I asked for tomorrow and she says that it's completely booked so I said I could also do it Thursday and she said it's completely booked again ,so then she tells me that there might be availability for tomorrow after clicking she says that she found one and she's booking it for me at 10 a.m. without asking what time I wanted it for so I asked her if the 3 o'clock was available and after checking she said it was and then I asked her for the annual passholder discount she said that the discount was not available for this because it was a new experience so I told her that some people had already booked with the discount she puts me on hold for 5 more minutes comes back and says that the discount is available and then asked me to give her my AP number . I don't have it with me so I asked her if she can just pull it up from my account she says that she has to put me on a 12-minute hold so she can find the number so I said that's fine since I had already waited all that time ,finally comes back and said she found my number and apply the discount and then she tells me oh no I booked it for Thursday by mistake so again I'm waiting for her to switch it for tomorrow she finally switched it , and I am booked for tomorrow for the 3 p.m. tour. the call in total lasted an hour and 8 minutes needless to say I am writing an email to Disney about this, it's completely unacceptable.

What an ordeal.
Decided to call to book the tour for tomorrow Wednesday. First of all it said my wait would be more than 25 minutes so I decided to wait , 45 minutes later I finally got someone. All the waiting time was without even music so I wasn't sure if the call was on hold or not. So I asked to book that tour and she asked for my name and she couldn't find my account finally she found my account and I asked for tomorrow and she says that it's completely booked so I said I could also do it Thursday and she said it's completely booked again ,so then she tells me that there might be availability for tomorrow after clicking she says that she found one and she's booking it for me at 10 a.m. without asking what time I wanted it for so I asked her if the 3 o'clock was available and after checking she said it was and then I asked her for the annual passholder discount she said that the discount was not available for this because it was a new experience so I told her that some people had already booked with the discount she puts me on hold for 5 more minutes comes back and says that the discount is available and then asked me to give her my AP number . I don't have it with me so I asked her if she can just pull it up from my account she says that she has to put me on a 12-minute hold so she can find the number so I said that's fine since I had already waited all that time ,finally comes back and said she found my number and apply the discount and then she tells me oh no I booked it for Thursday by mistake so again I'm waiting for her to switch it for tomorrow she finally switched it , and I am booked for tomorrow for the 3 p.m. tour. the call in total lasted an hour and 8 minutes needless to say I am writing an email to Disney about this, it's completely unacceptable.
That's longer than the tour tomorrow! o_O

Streaming or live feed?

What an ordeal.

That aggravates me even reading about it, LOL.

Can't wait to hear your review -- I'll be there Sunday and I'm considering booking it and I've yet to find any reviews on it.

My kids and I are so excited for this! After two attempts to schedule and an hour and 1/2 total on hold, finally got reservations!!

Has anyone been and can elaborate on the proximity to peanuts you are during the tour? The CM said you come in contact with them and other allergens when I made the reservation but she wouldn't elaborate further.

@yulilin3 has written a great, detailed review of the Caring for Giants tour. It can be found via the info at the bottom of yulilin3's posts.

She'll be on later today to answer any questions! :)

Am I doing something wrong? I am looking for the info at the bottom of a post but don't see it?

Am I doing something wrong? I am looking for the info at the bottom of a post but don't see it?
If you are on your phone, turn your phone sideways and you'll see the info at the bottom of yulilin's post. It's in her Signature area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter