Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just asking? Has anyone been able to take any pics of the new slide inside the new structure? TIA!!

We got some pictures of the new pool that I will have to post soon, but inside the structure/slides it's dark, so I'm not sure how well a picture would turn out. We did have a waterproof camera so we got some pictures as my son came out of the slide though.

Hi,

We will be there in early November and was wondering if there is a map that will show me where all the bldgs are and if anyone could suggest a bldg they like. What is the favorite bldg? We don't mind walking and my husband likes quiet after a busy day in the parks. We picked this resort because we think our nephew will love the new pool. Lastly, if we have an 810AM reservation at Kona, is 1 hour enought time to get us there? thx!

If you go to my website listed below there is a map of the resort. Yes 1 hour would be good to get to Kona.

14Disney - I would suggest paying a bit extra a night ($15 ?) to get a preferred room - you will have less walking to the food court and main pool. All buiildings are close to a bus stop, I think CBR has 5 bus stops scattered around the resort.

To get to an early Breakfast - I would take a taxi - ask the resort CM the night before for a taxi - give them your name/room # to reserve the use of the taxi for you and not other guests. It will cost you about $20 - but worth the 20 - 30 minute car ride. Other wise you will have to take an early AM MK bus (if MK is open early AM that day) and then monorail it to the Poly. Travel time with waits about 70 minutes.

good luck and enjoy !

The MK buses always start at 7:00am for breakfasts. We've always made to to 8:00 breakfasts in plenty of time, even a 7:30 ADR once! :goodvibes

Hi gang,

I have several post at the begining of this thread. I needed someone to tell and you guys are it. I am offically booked at Cbr from august 24- sept 2nd. Anyone else might be there at this time frame???

My dd first got sick with a high fever and needed a dr.
Than dh got sick with a stomach virus.

I needed help and was told to have a magical day.

To those planning on staying at CBR. Bring the name of the dr that comes to your room, know how to check out in a hurry, and most of all pack for the unexpected. I needed a thermometer and they only sell the forehead ones. You live and learn.

Overall the resort is beautiful. The new pool is great. We had a Nemo room.
when I get unpacked, I will post pics.

Thank you to all of those that calmed my fear of getting lost. It is so easy to navigate the resort. It is big but only if plan on seeing all of the areas. I mostly went from our room to Port Royal. Traveling time and picking up food only took 30 minutes.

I posted my bad WDW trip in the trip report.

My dd first got sick with a high fever and needed a dr.
Than dh got sick with a stomach virus.

I needed help and was told to have a magical day.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1990293

To those planning on staying at CBR. Bring the name of the dr that comes to your room, know how to check out in a hurry, and most of all pack for the unexpected. I needed a thermometer and they only sell the forehead ones. You live and learn.

Overall the resort is beautiful. The new pool is great. We had a Nemo room.
when I get unpacked, I will post pics.

Thank you to all of those that calmed my fear of getting lost. It is so easy to navigate the resort. It is big but only if plan on seeing all of the areas. I mostly went from our room to Port Royal. Traveling time and picking up food only took 30 minutes.

Sorry your trip got ruined by sickness :( We leave Tuesday and are all fighting colds :headache: We always rent a car, so I would just drive to an urgent care if need be, or I would have taken a cab if we did the ME.
What room # were you in, btw???

Hi gang,

I have several post at the begining of this thread. I needed someone to tell and you guys are it. I am offically booked at Cbr from august 24- sept 2nd. Anyone else might be there at this time frame???

Yay - aren't you recently back from CBR? We left from CBR 9/24 and I'm ready to book for Dec. 2009, but I'll wait a little longer :)

My son loved the Pirate Ship, and I look forward to a Nemo room next time.

A friend of mine, her DH and DD will be staying at CBR in 17 days (i'm so jealous!).. anyway, she wants to know if she can send things to the resort ahead of time to have waiting for her DD (t-shirts, cinderella dress, etc.)?? Does anyone know if this can be done and if so, how she would go about doing this??? Thanks very much in advance!!! :goodvibes

A friend of mine, her DH and DD will be staying at CBR in 17 days (i'm so jealous!).. anyway, she wants to know if she can send things to the resort ahead of time to have waiting for her DD (t-shirts, cinderella dress, etc.)?? Does anyone know if this can be done and if so, how she would go about doing this??? Thanks very much in advance!!! :goodvibes

Yes, you can send packages ahead, and when you check in there will be a note on your reservation that you have a package waiting for you. The check-in desk will either retrieve it for you, or you have have bell services deliver it to your room.

Have it sent to the following address (replace the stuff in blue with your actual info):

Your Name (Guest)
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
900 CAYMAN WAY
HOLD FOR GUEST ARRIVAL 11/09/08
LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL 32830-8411

I would send it so that it arrives within four days of you checking in, as the resort won't have your reservation in their system before that.

We just returned from a 10-day stay at CBR. In case anyone is interested, none of the Nemo rooms are king size. There will be some with the pirate theme, but they will be the last ones completed next year. We stayed in Jamaica, room #2625. Location was fine--we had a short walk to Old Port Royale, and very short walk to the bus stop. Since there is another service entrance into the resort, sometimes Jamaica was the first bus stop when returning to the park. That came in handy after a long day. Two problems--used Magical Express, checked in 11:00 pm Fri night, had not received checked luggage by 5:00 am. After a few phone calls to front desk, found out luggage was at resort, but never delivered to room. Spoke to night manager who resolved to our satisfaction. Also when returning at 11:30 pm following Fri night, both room keys did not work. It took us until 12:30 am to get resolved. Turns out batteries in lock were dead, but couldn't be replaced until next day. We didn't like how food court was set up--kind of hard to navigate. But, that being said, we had a "magical" anniversary trip.

We just returned from a 10-day stay at CBR. In case anyone is interested, none of the Nemo rooms are king size.
How do you know this? The reason I ask is that king-size bed rooms are scattered throughout the resort ... it's not like there's a special section of them. Are you saying that when they refurbish an entire village, such as Barbados, that they skip over the king-size bed rooms?
We stayed in Jamaica, room #2625. Location was fine--we had a short walk to Old Port Royale, and very short walk to the bus stop.
Do you possibly mean room 4625? 2625 would be in Martinique.

Glad to hear you had such a great trip! :yay:

Does anyone know where they drop off the packages of items that you purchase in the parks and at DTD. Also what the hours would be.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter