Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you can send packages ahead, and when you check in there will be a note on your reservation that you have a package waiting for you. The check-in desk will either retrieve it for you, or you have have bell services deliver it to your room.

Have it sent to the following address (replace the stuff in blue with your actual info):

Your Name (Guest)
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
900 CAYMAN WAY
HOLD FOR GUEST ARRIVAL 11/09/08
LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL 32830-8411

I would send it so that it arrives within four days of you checking in, as the resort won't have your reservation in their system before that.

Thanks for the info!! I forgot to add another question.. is there any way that she can have things that she sends for her DD (t-shirts, dress, etc.) put in their room for when they check-in? She wants her to think that Cinderella left them for her.. Thanks again!!

I'm considering booking a pirate room and it's my understanding that these rooms will be in Trinidad South. Is this a good location? It looks like it's pretty far out on the maps. Are the buses at CBR like other resorts where they can fill up at the first few stops and if you're at the end of the route, you end up standing? How easy/hard would it be to get to the food court (I need my AM cup of Diet Coke!) Any information on this location would be appreciated. Thank you!

Thanks for the info!! I forgot to add another question.. is there any way that she can have things that she sends for her DD (t-shirts, dress, etc.) put in their room for when they check-in? She wants her to think that Cinderella left them for her.. Thanks again!!

As far as I know, no. Your actual room number isn't assigned to you until you actually check in unless you're staying club level in one of the deluxe resorts.

I'm considering booking a pirate room and it's my understanding that these rooms will be in Trinidad South. Is this a good location? It looks like it's pretty far out on the maps. Are the buses at CBR like other resorts where they can fill up at the first few stops and if you're at the end of the route, you end up standing? How easy/hard would it be to get to the food court (I need my AM cup of Diet Coke!) Any information on this location would be appreciated. Thank you!

While Trinidad South is the last stop for the Epcot, DHS, and AK busses, it is only the fourth (of 7) for the Magic Kingdom and Downtown Disney busses. As for getting to the food court, while you must take the internal shuttle bus or walk to get there, you can get on ANY internal or theme park bus to get back to Trinidad South. That said, you could save a lot of time in the morning by keeping cans or bottles of diet coke in your room's fridge. If you don't want to bring them with you, you can order a case of Diet Coke from Office Depot and have it shipped to your room. You can find it at http://www.officedepot.com/account/loginPostalCodeSet.do. It would be $13 for a case of 24 cans, but shipping is $12 per case. However, if you get 4 cases shipping is free.

MariaEllerºoº;28331999 said:
Anything you have purchased and had sent to back to CBR can be picked up at the gift shop inside OPR. :)

Does anyone know the hours they are open???

While Trinidad South is the last stop for the Epcot, DHS, and AK busses, it is only the fourth (of 7) for the Magic Kingdom and Downtown Disney busses. As for getting to the food court, while you must take the internal shuttle bus or walk to get there, you can get on ANY internal or theme park bus to get back to Trinidad South. That said, you could save a lot of time in the morning by keeping cans or bottles of diet coke in your room's fridge. If you don't want to bring them with you, you can order a case of Diet Coke from Office Depot and have it shipped to your room. You can find it at http://www.officedepot.com/account/loginPostalCodeSet.do. It would be $13 for a case of 24 cans, but shipping is $12 per case. However, if you get 4 cases shipping is free.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information. How full are the buses by the 7th stop? We've stayed at OKW and gone from stop to stop and people just trickle on, but we were just at POP the 11th-16th and it was crazy at the bus stop. I prefer the people trickling on approach! The info on Diet Coke is great, I might consider ordering a case (even w/del charge) just for sake of convience!

Does anyone know where they drop off the packages of items that you purchase in the parks and at DTD. Also what the hours would be.
Thanks

Packages are sent to Package Pickup which is in Old Port Royale. When you enter OPR from the main pool side, go through the large double doors and look for the entrance to the store on the right. Go straight ahead and you'll see a counter that says Package Pickup. I am not sure of the hours but I believe they are the same as the food court which is fairly early.

Thanks for the information. How full are the buses by the 7th stop? We've stayed at OKW and gone from stop to stop and people just trickle on, but we were just at POP the 11th-16th and it was crazy at the bus stop. I prefer the people trickling on approach! The info on Diet Coke is great, I might consider ordering a case (even w/del charge) just for sake of convience!

When I was there in mid-August I never had a situation where a bus filled up to the point that no one else was able to get on. People getting on at the last stop sometimes had to stand, but you would only be standing for a short time (between 2 minutes for DHS and 12 minutes for MK). The only caveat I will give is that the latest we ever boarded a bus was 30 minutes before the parks open. If you're not an early riser the story may be different.

We were there Sept 17th...

kidpoolcbraz9.jpg

[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the information. How full are the buses by the 7th stop? We've stayed at OKW and gone from stop to stop and people just trickle on, but we were just at POP the 11th-16th and it was crazy at the bus stop. I prefer the people trickling on approach! The info on Diet Coke is great, I might consider ordering a case (even w/del charge) just for sake of convience![/QUOTE]

We were in TS 9/18 - 9/24; during peak times in the morning, we had to stand a couple of times getting on bus. At other times of the day, we did not have a problem with getting a seat.

The walk from our room (bldg. 35) was only 7 minutes to the food court.

When I was there in mid-August I never had a situation where a bus filled up to the point that no one else was able to get on. People getting on at the last stop sometimes had to stand, but you would only be standing for a short time (between 2 minutes for DHS and 12 minutes for MK). The only caveat I will give is that the latest we ever boarded a bus was 30 minutes before the parks open. If you're not an early riser the story may be different.

This is what I wanted to hear! Thank you!:goodvibes

LuvsTinker;28341362 We were in TS 9/18 - 9/24; during peak times in the morning said:
I think you've helped me make up my mind. Now I only have 360 some days to wait! Thank you!:thumbsup2

In case anyone is interested, none of the Nemo rooms are king size.

Just wondering where this information came from and if it's accurate. We paid for a king bed, but were hoping for a new Nemo room. Don't want to get my hopes up for Nemo, if it's not possible. Thank you!

Just wondering where this information came from and if it's accurate. We paid for a king bed, but were hoping for a new Nemo room. Don't want to get my hopes up for Nemo, if it's not possible. Thank you!

My best guess is that the poster made an uninformed assumption. She didn't respond to my comment and question from 2 days ago. Just knowing how CBR is configured, it strains the brain to figure how it would even be possible for them to knowingly NOT refurbish king-size bed rooms.

SO, like I said, my guess would be to ignore that comment because it just smells like an uninformed guess ... kind of like "My room wasn't refurbished and I had a king room, so therefore NO king rooms are being refurbished." Just a guess on my part ... my apologies in advance if I'm wrong.

I agree. They close off the building when they are doing the refurb. I can't imagine them not redoing the king bed rooms as they do the building. The king bed rooms are scattered around the resort.

Can confirm that there are definitely king refurbished rooms: my friend and DH just returned from a long weekend at CBR and had a king Nemo room in Martinique. :)

My best guess is that the poster made an uninformed assumption. She didn't respond to my comment and question from 2 days ago. Just knowing how CBR is configured, it strains the brain to figure how it would even be possible for them to knowingly NOT refurbish king-size bed rooms.

SO, like I said, my guess would be to ignore that comment because it just smells like an uninformed guess ... kind of like "My room wasn't refurbished and I had a king room, so therefore NO king rooms are being refurbished." Just a guess on my part ... my apologies in advance if I'm wrong.

I agree. They close off the building when they are doing the refurb. I can't imagine them not redoing the king bed rooms as they do the building. The king bed rooms are scattered around the resort.

Can confirm that there are definitely king refurbished rooms: my friend and DH just returned from a long weekend at CBR and had a king Nemo room in Martinique. :)

:dance3: You guys are fabulous! Many, many thanks! :worship:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter