Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Mickeystoontown a while back posted some pictures of the gift shop and what's available- I don't suppose you could repost them please? I was thinking of watching the movies under the stars feature with some hot chocolate and popcorn and then going to MK on our second to last night, but I'm not sure what the gift shop offers in the way of popcorn. Thanks!

I know Mickeystoontown a while back posted some pictures of the gift shop and what's available- I don't suppose you could repost them please? I was thinking of watching the movies under the stars feature with some hot chocolate and popcorn and then going to MK on our second to last night, but I'm not sure what the gift shop offers in the way of popcorn. Thanks!

Let me see if I can find them again and I'll repost. I know that there were bags of chips, pretzels, candies, etc. But, I can't remember if there was popcorn. I'll go look through my pics.

Here are a few pics. I am also recalling that there was a small counter/display in the open air section and one in the grab n go station. There's a bag of white cheddar popcorn in one of the following pictures. However, I don't remember there being any microwave popcorn if that's what you were looking for.

DSCF2711.jpg

DSCF2712.jpg

DSCF2713.jpg

Here are a few pics. I am also recalling that there was a small counter/display in the open air section and one in the grab n go station. There's a bag of white cheddar popcorn in one of the following pictures. However, I don't remember there being any microwave popcorn if that's what you were looking for.

Thank you! Do you remember seeing the big bags of Disney popcorn? If not, we'll quickly pick up some microwavable popcorn from a shop before returning to the resort after dinner, as we'll be offsite shopping that day.

Thank you! Do you remember seeing the big bags of Disney popcorn? If not, we'll quickly pick up some microwavable popcorn from a shop before returning to the resort after dinner, as we'll be offsite shopping that day.

The only popcorn that I remember seeing was caramel corn and the popcorn in the bags in the chip area. If you're going shopping offsite, I'd suggest that you pick up some microwave popcorn there and use the food court microwaves.

Does anyone know if the play the outdoor movies no matter how cold it is, or if they cancel or move them indoors? Going in January and it seems like the weather is kind of unpredictable. Thanks

Thanks for the mini trip report. I know this doesn't help you, but for anyone reading this that has an upcoming trip it might help. Just about anything you need to do at the Custom House can be done at the Concierge Desk located at Old Port Royale. We always use Gift Cards to cover our room charges and we stop by the Concierge Desk at OPR every couple days to pay off the balance. :thumbsup2

I do the same thing but was gong up to the Custom House every other evening (after leaving OPR) to pay the balance. Thanks!!

On a side note, housekeeping has been disappointing this trip. Has anyone else had that experience?

KathyFP said:
On a side note, housekeeping has been disappointing this trip. Has anyone else had that experience?

I've seen lots of people saying the same thing about housekeeping at all resorts this holiday season.

I've seen lots of people saying the same thing about housekeeping at all resorts this holiday season.

we stayed poly cl getting home a few days ago.

I wouldn't say housekeeping was bad but they did seem frazzled when I spoke with them. We also had to call for cleaning and turn down a few times.

I guess turndown wasn't quite what we have had in he past as well. As recent as sept. We had music turned on the tv quietly, drawn curtains, dimmed lights. This trip it was just he pillows propped up, sheets opened and chocolates on the pillow. Not a big deal really but I agree that housekeeping may have been lacking this season at all resorts.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We just returned yesterday and I have to say this was our first stay at CBR and although we loved the resort the rooms are horrible (stayed in pirate room, Trinidad south) room smelled musky & damp- beds even felt wet, although they weren't - beds are horribly uncomfortable - not real mattresses (foam) - would never stay there again - but on a good note- resort itself is great, nice location , great pools & food service! Rooms not so great..

We just returned yesterday and I have to say this was our first stay at CBR and although we loved the resort the rooms are horrible (stayed in pirate room, Trinidad south) room smelled musky & damp- beds even felt wet, although they weren't - beds are horribly uncomfortable - not real mattresses (foam) - would never stay there again - but on a good note- resort itself is great, nice location , great pools & food service! Rooms not so great..

Maybe next time you could stay in one of the other rooms. I've read other reviews stating that they didn't like the mattresses in the pirate rooms either. Glad that you enjoyed the resort itself despite the not-so-great room.

Debating if I should upgrade to a preferred room. sept 7th-14. three kids 12yrs, 4yrs, and 1. Also my grandmother 74yrs and including myself 5 adults. Got a BB for 3 rooms. Trying to figure out what would be better for the kids and my grandmother preferred or trying to get Jamaica 45. Want to be close to the buses, food, and pools. My grandmother in flying from Ireland to come with us and refuses to use a scooter. Thinking preferred will help eliminate some walking for her but wondering if it will be more busy and hectic.

So sorry you didn't like the rooms! We had our first trip to WDW in October and was upgraded to the pirate rooms at first I was not pleased as we have a little girl who is not into pirates and it was the farthest away. But we were pleasantly surprised. The room was lovely, clean and we had no problems with the beds and my daughter loved the theming! Hope you said something to them about it because not all the rooms are bad!

Debating if I should upgrade to a preferred room. sept 7th-14. three kids 12yrs, 4yrs, and 1. Also my grandmother 74yrs and including myself 5 adults. Got a BB for 3 rooms. Trying to figure out what would be better for the kids and my grandmother preferred or trying to get Jamaica 45. Want to be close to the buses, food, and pools. My grandmother in flying from Ireland to come with us and refuses to use a scooter. Thinking preferred will help eliminate some walking for her but wondering if it will be more busy and hectic.

If you are concerned about the walking and don't mind paying the extra for preferred, I'd go ahead and book preferred. All of Trinidad North is preferred and buildings 24, 25 and 26 of Martinique are preferred. I've not found the preferred rooms to be hectic or busy.

My mother is 79 and had absolutely no problems walking all around the resort despite the fact that she has arthritis in her feet and knees. During her stays with us, we were in Jamaica and in Martinique (non-preferred)

As Mickeystoontown suggested, if you want to definitely be closer to OPR and the Main Pool then book preferred. One of the things we love about CBR is that no matter how full it is, it never feels like it. It never feels hectic or busy. Every village has a bus stop so you are never far from one.

We just had our first stay at CBR Thanksgiving week. Despite it's one of the busiest weeks of the year, we did not find Trinidad North to be at all hectic. It was very quiet the entire week. The quiet pool was empty every time we used it. Would def go with this location again.

We enjoyed a great stay at CBR in February of last year. We had a preferred room in the Martinique section and loved it! It was in building 25 main floor & was a short walk to the Port Royale & the main pool. It was a quiet & tranquil location within the resort.
There was a bus stop right across the parking lot that we were often the only ones using. But the hidden bonus was the quiet pool that was one building over from our room, it was like having a private pool as we were often the only ones using it on mid day park breaks :)
(Very clean laundry facilities were also located at the pool -- for the first time ever I returned from vacation with zero dirty laundry!) Lol!

We definitely plan another stay at CBR, the setting is so beautiful, and we will absolutely request a room in Martinique in buildings 24, 25, or 26. Just waiting for the room refurb that we hear is due to start in March/April 2014, (the rooms are in need of a bit of fresh paint & tlc) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter