Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
We enjoyed a great stay at CBR in February of last year. We had a preferred room in the Martinique section and loved it! It was in building 25 main floor & was a short walk to the Port Royale & the main pool. It was a quiet & tranquil location within the resort.
There was a bus stop right across the parking lot that we were often the only ones using. But the hidden bonus was the quiet pool that was one building over from our room, it was like having a private pool as we were often the only ones using it on mid day park breaks :)
(Very clean laundry facilities were also located at the pool -- for the first time ever I returned from vacation with zero dirty laundry!) Lol!

We definitely plan another stay at CBR, the setting is so beautiful, and we will absolutely request a room in Martinique in buildings 24, 25, or 26. Just waiting for the room refurb that we hear is due to start in March/April 2014, (the rooms are in need of a bit of fresh paint & tlc) ;)

That is the building we requested for our trip in May. What did the rooms look like? Did they still have the finding Nemo theme? the kids really like that.

That is the building we requested for our trip in May. What did the rooms look like? Did they still have the finding Nemo theme? the kids really like that.

No Nemo..

The room itself was typically Disney moderate, but in need of a sprucing up. Very bright colours, older design, double beds. We didn't spend allot of time in the room, it was comfortable, clean & quiet, great after busy days at the parks. The location within the resort was perfect! We will def request the same building again. (once the refurb is done & there are queen size beds..) ;)

Just booked for early June! We were there in 2009 and enjoyed it. Now if we are lucky, we will have a room with a new queen bed! I wonder how long it will take to get them all done.

The Nemo theme is gone from all of the rooms.

why would they take away the bedding and put in different bedding if they plan on reburbishing the room and plan on putting queens in? Does not make sense to me.I have seen pictures around 3 to 4 months ago with the Nemo theme Don't you think they would just wait until the refurbishment ? Seems like a waste of money to changing bedding temporary.

There was still Nemo themed wallpaper border when we stayed there first week of Dec. They also had the small scarf on the bottom of the bed with Nemo theme.

There was still Nemo themed wallpaper border when we stayed there first week of Dec. They also had the small scarf on the bottom of the bed with Nemo theme.

What building did you stay in? Did they at least still have the green furniture? Really like how the rooms look but saw a picture from another site what they presume the new rooms would look like and I hate them. I sure hope they have what you discribed when we go. Do you have any pictures?

Did they at least still have the green furniture?

Yes, green furniture is still there for now. The only they changed as of now was removing the bedspread and making it into a runner for the foot of the bed.

Really like how the rooms look but saw a picture from another site what they presume the new rooms would look like and I hate them.

Nobody knows if those pics are truly what the rehabbed rooms will look like. We'll just have to wait and see.

Yes, green furniture is still there for now. The only they changed as of now was removing the bedspread and making it into a runner for the foot of the bed.

Nobody knows if those pics are truly what the rehabbed rooms will look like. We'll just have to wait and see.

Hope that stays the case for our trip in May. I was able to convice the boys to stay here instead of a royal room at POR. They loved the idea of the firework fiberoptic picture on the headboard. They do seem very excited about CBR due to the pool and the Nemo theme. I would hate to disappoint them. We can not stay in the pirate rooms due to traveling with my parents whom have hip and back issues and need a more comfortable bed at night. Does the runner have the nemo theme? Have they take down the nemo wall runner? Any one with pictures please share so I can show the boys.

You guys are GREAT!!!! Thanks sooooo much!!! You totally made my day!!! I am really excited about our trip and for the first time since planning it I am VERY comfortable on my final decision. The only thing I wish I could do is get another booklet on the current resort information. You know the one they send you with flash drive. I would like to keep it as a souvenier. I was told we would have to cancel our trip and then rebook it. I am just afraid I will not be able to get the visa discount. Also if I did do this will I get a new bookelet and fladh drive? I'm thinking no. If I would then I may try it but not sure it would be worth it. Any advice? Dansdad you seem to very knowledgeable and have helped me in many posts so far. Would you happen to have any knowledge on this?

You guys are GREAT!!!! Thanks sooooo much!!! You totally made my day!!! I am really excited about our trip and for the first time since planning it I am VERY comfortable on my final decision. The only thing I wish I could do is get another booklet on the current resort information. You know the one they send you with flash drive. I would like to keep it as a souvenier. I was told we would have to cancel our trip and then rebook it. I am just afraid I will not be able to get the visa discount. Also if I did do this will I get a new bookelet and fladh drive? I'm thinking no. If I would then I may try it but not sure it would be worth it. Any advice? Dansdad you seem to very knowledgeable and have helped me in many posts so far. Would you happen to have any knowledge on this?

So, you're already booked without a promo? If so, is it a room only or a package? I received a flash drive even before the new discount came out to Disney Visa holders.(I booked the day the 2014 rates came out.) I'm not sure exactly how Disney determine(d) or (s) who gets the flash drive. It couldn't hurt to call and ask Disney if you'll be getting one.

Word on the Dis is that the Disney Visa promo is going to be available to the general public on the 6th meaning that you wouldn't have to have the Disney Visa to take advantage of the promo. If that's the case, then you can call Disney Travel (or your travel agent if that's how you initially booked) and ask them to modify your existing reservation to apply the new promo.

The only reason that you'd have to cancel your reservation entirely is if you are going from a room only reservation to a package reservation. Otherwise, you can simply ask that they apply the promo to your existing reservation. I've done this many many times in the past and just did it again when the Disney Visa promo came out.

Hope that all made sense? It did in my wee little mind. :laughing:

So, you're already booked without a promo? If so, is it a room only or a package? I received a flash drive even before the new discount came out to Disney Visa holders.(I booked the day the 2014 rates came out.) I'm not sure exactly how Disney determine(d) or (s) who gets the flash drive. It couldn't hurt to call and ask Disney if you'll be getting one.

Word on the Dis is that the Disney Visa promo is going to be available to the general public on the 6th meaning that you wouldn't have to have the Disney Visa to take advantage of the promo. If that's the case, then you can call Disney Travel (or your travel agent if that's how you initially booked) and ask them to modify your existing reservation to apply the new promo.

The only reason that you'd have to cancel your reservation entirely is if you are going from a room only reservation to a package reservation. Otherwise, you can simply ask that they apply the promo to your existing reservation. I've done this many many times in the past and just did it again when the Disney Visa promo came out.

Hope that all made sense? It did in my wee little mind. :laughing:

Yes I too already got the booklet and flash drive A few weeks ago for our oringinal reservation for POR which we made back in october. Yesterday I called and applied the Visa discount and also switched to CBR. They just modified our exsiting reservation. What I am wanting to do is get the booklet with the information on CBR since that is were we will be staying now since I want to keep it as a souvenir. Disney said they only send it on new reservations. She thought I would have to cancel the exisiting reservation ONLY so I could get the an updated booklet but I am not sure it will work and not sure if I should go through the trouble. Has any one done this?

Yes I too already got the booklet and flash drive A few weeks ago for our oringinal reservation for POR which we made back in october. Yesterday I called and applied the Visa discount and also switched to CBR. They just modified our exsiting reservation. What I am wanting to do is get the booklet with the information on CBR since that is were we will be staying now since I want to keep it as a souvenir. Disney said they only send it on new reservations. She thought I would have to cancel the exisiting reservation ONLY so I could get the an updated booklet but I am not sure it will work and not sure if I should go through the trouble. Has any one done this?

Unless them not sending is something new, then they should send anytime you modify a reservation. Last year I added a day to our original ressie at POR and they sent me another book on POR just with our new dates then I had to change to CBR for FD and they sent a book about CBR. Like I said they may have changed now that they are sending the flash drives, but I have a feeling the CM doesn't know what they were talking about. Hope you get a second book!

horse11 said:

I would call back. I think you had an uninformed CM. As totebagg said, they normally send new documents when you make a change.

Unless them not sending is something new, then they should send anytime you modify a reservation. Last year I added a day to our original ressie at POR and they sent me another book on POR just with our new dates then I had to change to CBR for FD and they sent a book about CBR. Like I said they may have changed now that they are sending the flash drives, but I have a feeling the CM doesn't know what they were talking about. Hope you get a second book!

Hope so that would be great!!! How long after you made the changes did you get the new book?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter