• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as we loved POR this past March...We decided to do 2 Rooms at CBR for Spring Break 2014...I just modified our reservations this morning...I love the excitement of staying at a new resort...I am sure I will be reading this entire thread today and taking notes!!!

I was one of those who complained about the bus service and the rudeness of the manager when we had a problem with the room. My extended family wanted to stay at this resort and so DH and I gave it another try. Mousekeeping and the grounds crew have always done a wonderful job. The food court is fine, and we could always find something to satisfy us.
This time the buses ran more consistently (except for Epcot). It seemed the bus to Epcot was always too full to stop or jammed us in in the morning. We were in Martinique but Old Port Royale was a closer stop.
Anyway, I would stay at CBR again, but we want to experience the other Disney moderate and value resorts as well. And I still liked CSR better.

We'll be staying at CBR for our first WDW trip in mid-November of this year: two adults and one toddler. We're in a pirate room.

I've read in some places that it only takes about 15 minutes to get from CBR to Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom by bus. I've read in other places that you should always budget an hour to get anywhere. The notes that came with the ADR confirmation emails suggest allowing 1.5 hours of travel time.

A couple of questions for all of you CBR pros:

• We have character breakfast reservations at 8:25 am and 8:50 am. When are we going to need to leave CBR? 30 minutes ahead? 90 minutes ahead? (Good grief I hope not and the toddler has yet to acquire any degree of patience!)
  • Will the buses even be running before 8 am?
  • Are we better off taking a cab?
  • We also have an earlier than I would like dinner reservation one night and will have to get from either MK or CBR to Downtown Disney - suggestions on travel?
  • How does one go about calling a cab - is there just one company that services Disney, or can we call any local cab?
  • Will we need to request a car seat in a cab or do most Disney cabs just have them available by default?

It's possible that was more than a couple of questions - thinking about the timing needed for internal park travel is beginning to keep me up at night!

Many thanks!

You need to budget at least an hour to get to adrs. That means you are at the bus stop an hour before, not just strolling to the bus stop.

While on the subject of buses...

In a pirate room, so Trinidad South (hopefully in one of the buildings close to the bus stop). Is that one of the last bus stops on the loop? Should we be more worried about it being full by the time it gets to us as opposed to how long it takes to make all the village stops before heading to a park?

Would it be better to drive ourselves?

I have never stayed at Caribbean Beach before...so If I want the closest building to the main pool, and I have a standard room which building will I want to stay in?

Any must see or do tips at the resort? We are so excited! pictures look amazing!!!

We have character breakfast reservations at 8:25 am and 8:50 am. When are we going to need to leave CBR? 30 minutes ahead? 90 minutes ahead?

I would be AT the bus stop by 7:15 and 7:45 for the above reservations.

Will the buses even be running before 8 am?

Buses start rolling at 6:30AM for early breakfast reservations.

Are we better off taking a cab?

When we are going from CBR to another resort for an early ADR, we prefer to take a cab because there are no buses that run from CBR to other resorts. So that would entail taking a bus to a park then monorail/boat/bus from that park to the resort we need to get to. Too many chances for something to go wrong when tight on time. If just going to an early breakfast at one of the parks we have never had an issue taking the bus.

We also have an earlier than I would like dinner reservation one night and will have to get from either MK or CBR to Downtown Disney - suggestions on travel?

I don't believe there is a bus from MK directly to DTD. So you have a couple options. You could walk or monorail over to the Contemporary and then bus to DTD. Or you could take the monorail or boat to Poly or Grand Floridian then bus to DTD. Or another option still is to take a bus to Port Orleans and then boat over to DTD. And of course you could take the bus to CBR then bus to DTD.

How does one go about calling a cab - is there just one company that services Disney, or can we call any local cab?

You can call bell services, or stop by their desk, and they will hail a cab for you. They are always very near by.

Will we need to request a car seat in a cab or do most Disney cabs just have them available by default?

Sorry, I don't know the answer to this one.

While on the subject of buses...

In a pirate room, so Trinidad South (hopefully in one of the buildings close to the bus stop). Is that one of the last bus stops on the loop? Should we be more worried about it being full by the time it gets to us as opposed to how long it takes to make all the village stops before heading to a park?

Would it be better to drive ourselves?

In our 4 stays at CBR, we have never had to even stand on any bus going from CBR to any of the parks. One trip in July, one in August and 2 in October for free dining when CBR was at capacity. And still never even had to stand when leaving CBR. Now leaving MK right after wishes is another story.:scared1::rotfl:

I have never stayed at Caribbean Beach before...so If I want the closest building to the main pool, and I have a standard room which building will I want to stay in?

Jamaica 45, Aruba 51, Martinique 21, 22 and 23 are all a very short stroll from the main pool. Jamaica 45 is our favorite.

Any must see or do tips at the resort? We are so excited! pictures look amazing!!!

Some of our favorites:

Rent a Surrey Bike
Stroll around the lake at sunrise or sunset
Grab a drink and watch Illuminations from the Martinique Beach
Take a nap on one of the many hammocks
Enjoy some s'mores while listening to the knowledgeable CMs tell some WDW history
Catch a movie poolside
Try the homemade potato chips - been trying to recreate the spice combo at home, but no luck yet
Have a seat on one of the 2 person swings on Caribbean Cay in the AM and watch the boats on the lake

Have fun!

dansdad said:
Jamaica 45, Aruba 51, Martinique 21, 22 and 23 are all a very short stroll from the main pool. Jamaica 45 is our favorite.

Some of our favorites:

Rent a Surrey Bike
Stroll around the lake at sunrise or sunset
Grab a drink and watch Illuminations from the Martinique Beach
Take a nap on one of the many hammocks
Enjoy some s'mores while listening to the knowledgeable CMs tell some WDW history
Catch a movie poolside
Try the homemade potato chips - been trying to recreate the spice combo at home, but no luck yet
Have a seat on one of the 2 person swings on Caribbean Cay in the AM and watch the boats on the lake

Have fun!

Thank you so much! I can't wait!

In our 4 stays at CBR, we have never had to even stand on any bus going from CBR to any of the parks. One trip in July, one in August and 2 in October for free dining when CBR was at capacity. And still never even had to stand when leaving CBR. Now leaving MK right after wishes is another story.:scared1::rotfl:

Lol. That doesn't matter what resort you're going to. :-) we take our time...

Got a couple noodles today for DS at the pool. Question, can we use them at the pools at CBR?

[*]we also have an earlier than i would like dinner reservation one night and will have to get from either mk or cbr to downtown disney - suggestions on travel?
when going to dtd from mk, i usually take the bus to saratoga springs and either walk (about 5 mnutes' worth of walking from the congress park bus stop) or take the boat (as preferred by both my mother and my nephews, mostly for entertainment value). Total travel time either way is about 40 minutes from mk.

[*]how does one go about calling a cab - is there just one company that services disney, or can we call any local cab?
all resorts perpetually have cabs waiting near the lobby entrance. That being said, this doesn't really help at cbr since you'd have to travel over to the customs house to get to them. If i need one, i usually call for one and tell them to meet me near the bus stop for whatever village i am in (so as to have a highly-visible meeting point).

[*]will we need to request a car seat in a cab or do most disney cabs just have them available by default?
in my experience over the years, none of them have a car seat. Kind of like the me buses and the wdw buses, they don't expect you to use one. If you want to, you'll need to bring your own.

hth

Does the main pool close in the night time or does it stay open but no lifeguard?

We were at CBR June 7-14 and found the bus standing room only all the time. We stood about half the time but we are at Disney and it is different every time. Luck of the draw or timing would you. We will stay at CBR again. Love the food court, pools, beautiful walks and it looks like a new fire pit is in order near Shutters . The food court was used by us more at this resort then any other resort. Wish we had time for a dinner at Shutters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter