Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All
I just changed our reservation from POFQ to the CRB (11/30-12/5) so I could take advantage of the FD. Im still fairly new w/planning trips to Disney (its been many years since my girls were little) but with a grandson now, Im back to Disney. YAY!

Im over whelmed by the size of CRB and didnt/dont understand what Preferred Room vs. Water/Pool View. Though I did book a water/pool view cuz I would like a room closest to the best pool for a 3 year old. Im not sure thats the main pool or the one w/the shipwreck and double slides (that could be the same pool). Or are there others? I havent been able to find a lot of pictures.

Any advice on location would be greatly appreciated!

TIA

If you want to make sure that you're close to the main pool, food court, etc., I'd suggest that you change your reservation from water view to a preferred room location. With a preferred location, you will be put a room in Martinique Buildings 26, 25 or 24 or in one of the Trinidad North buildings. Those are all preferred rooms.

Disney's idea of a water view rooms (in any resort) is a view of either a lake, a pool or maybe even a fountain.

The pools in each village are the quiet pools. They do not have slides or lifeguards. The main pool has two slides and lifeguards on duty.

How is the food court there? Likes/Dislikes? I'm looking at mainly for quick breakfasts or lunches. Thanks! :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

How is the food court there? Likes/Dislikes? I'm looking at mainly for quick breakfasts or lunches. Thanks! :-)

We love the food court at Old Port Royale! Not only do we like the variety, but most of the time it doesn't take too long to get your food. If you go during peak meal times, there can be quite a crowd, but the cast members do a pretty good job keeping things quick. We also can always find seating - that's nice.

We eat in the food court several times during each of our stays. Always liked what we ordered and, like the previous poster said, there's a nice variety to choose from. I'll be posting pictures of our lunch at CBR in my next trip report update.

We love the food court at Old Port Royale! Not only do we like the variety, but most of the time it doesn't take too long to get your food. If you go during peak meal times, there can be quite a crowd, but the cast members do a pretty good job keeping things quick. We also can always find seating - that's nice.

I don't imagine the crowd issue is much worse than POR. I love the POR food court but sometimes it is just PACKED and there's no guarantee of a seat!

We eat in the food court several times during each of our stays. Always liked what we ordered and, like the previous poster said, there's a nice variety to choose from. I'll be posting pictures of our lunch at CBR in my next trip report update.

Looking forward to seeing your pics!! :3dglasses

Hey Guys/Gals
Thank you all for the info. Sounds like I need to change my reservation to preferred.
Thanks again!
Tammie

We will be newbies to CBR in Sept, can you tell me what building/buildings to try and request to be closest to big pool?? Thanks!

We will be newbies to CBR in Sept, can you tell me what building/buildings to try and request to be closest to big pool?? Thanks!

Jamaica 45, Aruba 51, Martinique 21, 22, and 23 are all the closest non-preferred locations. We happen to like Jamaica 45. They are all an under 5 minute stroll to the main pool.

Does anyone happen to know the email address for CBR management? I'd love to pay a compliment to one of the wonderful concierge staff they've got. She was a total gem. :goodvibes (I can always send off a snail-mail, just figured I'd ask here and see if anyone knows beforehand. :thumbsup2 )

Does anyone happen to know the email address for CBR management? I'd love to pay a compliment to one of the wonderful concierge staff they've got. She was a total gem. :goodvibes (I can always send off a snail-mail, just figured I'd ask here and see if anyone knows beforehand. :thumbsup2 )

I have never seen any details on how to contact CBR management directly. In the past, I have had good luck going through Guest Relations in giving kudos to a CBR CM.

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

I received a reply 2-3 days later thanking me for taking the time to praise the CM. It also stated that my email would be passed on to their management and a copy put into their file.

Joining this thread! Is there another CBR thread too?? If so, can someone link me to it ?? Thanks!! I am going up in November!! Super Excited!! No kids this trip!:cool1:

Any must do's at the resort?? I am planning plenty of down time! :-)

Any must do's at the resort?? I am planning plenty of down time! :-)

Some of ours:

Rent a Surrey Bike
Stroll around the lake at sunrise or sunset
Grab a drink and watch Illuminations from the Martinique Beach
Take a nap on one of the many hammocks
Enjoy some s'mores while listening to the knowledgeable CMs tell some WDW history
Catch a movie poolside
Try the homemade potato chips - been trying to recreate the spice combo at home, but no luck yet
Have a seat on one of the 2 person swings on Caribbean Cay in the AM and watch the boats on the lake

Have fun!

Some of ours:

Rent a Surrey Bike
Stroll around the lake at sunrise or sunset
Grab a drink and watch Illuminations from the Martinique Beach
Take a nap on one of the many hammocks
Enjoy some s'mores while listening to the knowledgeable CMs tell some WDW history
Catch a movie poolside
Try the homemade potato chips - been trying to recreate the spice combo at home, but no luck yet
Have a seat on one of the 2 person swings on Caribbean Cay in the AM and watch the boats on the lake

Have fun!

And for the kids? :-) DS6 and DD2

Already booked the pirate cruise for DS.

And for the kids? :-) DS6 and DD2

Already booked the pirate cruise for DS.

Our DS11 loved the Pirate Cruise at CBR. He also is a big fan of the s'mores, poolside movie, surrey bike, the main pool, and your little one should enjoy the kiddie splash area. The arcade is usually a big hit as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter