Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading this great overview of this resort I can't wait for our Christmas trip in early Dec.:santa:

Our first time in a moderate and we are looking for a place to relax and enjoy the weather and I think we chose the right place, I love the tropics.:cool1:

Which section is Nemo?? and is that preferred? I got a King room already and was wondering if Nemo rooms have King beds??

thanks...great info!:woohoo:

BArb

All rooms have the Nemo theme, except for the POTC rooms, which are a seperate bookable category. So you will definitely have a Nemo room if you book a standard or preferred king room.(There are no king rooms in the POTC section) Preferred just gets you closer to OPR.

Has anyone booked a standard room and then changed to a preferred room once they got to CBR? I don't want to pay the extra for a preferred room(at the moment), but if we are placed in Barbados or the far reaches of Aruba/Jamaica, I would like to just upgrade once we get there. I realize that we could get there and there wouldn't be any availability for preferred, but I'm willing to take that chance. So has anyone done this????

yea, I'm going back to the black bears....I can't stop thinking about it. Are these adult bears? How big are they? what are you suppose to do if you see one? Will they chase you? :scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

Sorry......we've been to DW so many times and I never knew there were bears on FL. :confused3

Has anyone booked a standard room and then changed to a preferred room once they got to CBR? I don't want to pay the extra for a preferred room(at the moment), but if we are placed in Barbados or the far reaches of Aruba/Jamaica, I would like to just upgrade once we get there. I realize that we could get there and there wouldn't be any availability for preferred, but I'm willing to take that chance. So has anyone done this????

I'm interested to know this as well. We are debating switching to a prefrerred room (debating switching resorts as well, but that's another story) from the standard we currently have booked, but just can't decide. We aren't doing the parks this trip, so we will be spending more time around the resort. We will be there for three nights before switching to the Contemporary for the last two nights :banana: I think we'd be better off doing a preferred personally, but if we ended up at the back of Trinidad North that doesn't look much closer than the closest rooms in Aruba and Jamaica...

THanks for the new thread safetymom!!! :cool1::worship: Looks great! The old one sure was getting pretty "ginormous!" ;)

Looking forward to going back soon!! :goodvibes

Thanks Safetymom!!! It looks wonderful as usual!!!! Our trip is finally getting closer!!!:goodvibes

We are debating a pirate room for our early December trip. The only thing that I am really worried about is the walk to the restaurants (probably won't swim in December, but you never know) and bus stops. Is Trinidad South the last bus stop for the park busses? I don't want to be at the last stop and always have to stand. Though maybe in December it won't be busy enough to need to stand.

We are debating a pirate room for our early December trip. The only thing that I am really worried about is the walk to the restaurants (probably won't swim in December, but you never know) and bus stops. Is Trinidad South the last bus stop for the park busses? I don't want to be at the last stop and always have to stand. Though maybe in December it won't be busy enough to need to stand.

The walk from TS to OPR took us about 7 minutes, not bad! :goodvibes Especially considering that you will be there in December and not in the middle of the hot summer. TS is not always the last bus stop. Some buses start in Jamaica, making TS last. And some start in Martinique, making Barbados last. During our last stay there most buses seemed to start in Martinique, because we got on in Aruba and the bus would then stop in Barbados and then head out of the resort. (We only had to stand on a bus one time the whole week)

We also stayed from june 16th-the 22nd, I was beyond frustrated and dissapointed in the bus service.

Long waits, full buses. i was usually holding my 21 month old and had to stand. Those busses take some crazy turns, so it is rather difficult to hold a baby while holding onto the bar so you don't fall in someones lap.

The resort was great. It was just so hot and rainy.

I am thinking of switching resorts mainly for this reason. I will be there the last week of august and first week of september. Who wants to wait for busses as long as people here have discribed. In August!

I'm interested to know this as well. We are debating switching to a prefrerred room (debating switching resorts as well, but that's another story) from the standard we currently have booked, but just can't decide. We aren't doing the parks this trip, so we will be spending more time around the resort. We will be there for three nights before switching to the Contemporary for the last two nights :banana: I think we'd be better off doing a preferred personally, but if we ended up at the back of Trinidad North that doesn't look much closer than the closest rooms in Aruba and Jamaica...

Well we have decided to switch this time. Now we are doing three nights at All Star Movies Preferred Room with 2 day tickets and free dining and then switching to The Contemporary (Magic Kingdom View) for the last two nights :banana: Maybe we'll do CBR one of these years :goodvibes This way we don't have to worry about food costs and we get to do two park days!! :cool1: Since we were paying OOP for food before, we pretty much ended up with the same expences overall. Quite excited for this completely out of the blue trip!

We just got back from a stay at CBR and had a great time! The resort was great! We did online check-in and I phoned in my request for Jamaica. When we got there at 11:00am, I was a little disappointed that we didn't get Jamaica, then I realized that our room in Trinidad North was an upgrade and it was ready! (This was a Saturday morning) Check-in was a breeze and the internal shuttle arrived quickly. We thought that bus transport was easy all week. We never waited more that 10 minutes for a bus. DH was impressed with Magical Express and Bell services when they had our bags waiting in our room after we visited DD. They were equally prompt and efficient on our return trip. DH didn't know what Disney magic was until he stayed at CBR! Now he's hooked!

We just got back from a stay at CBR and had a great time! The resort was great! We did online check-in and I phoned in my request for Jamaica. When we got there at 11:00am, I was a little disappointed that we didn't get Jamaica, then I realized that our room in Trinidad North was an upgrade and it was ready! (This was a Saturday morning) Check-in was a breeze and the internal shuttle arrived quickly. We thought that bus transport was easy all week. We never waited more that 10 minutes for a bus. DH was impressed with Magical Express and Bell services when they had our bags waiting in our room after we visited DD. They were equally prompt and efficient on our return trip. DH didn't know what Disney magic was until he stayed at CBR! Now he's hooked!

Welcome back! :goodvibes Glad you had such a great time!

Just back from our stay 6/20 - 6/25. We got Barbados 13, we were close to the bus stop, quiet pool and a 5 minute walk to OPR. I have arthritis in my knees so I was worried, but it really wasn't that bad.

Buses - I found if you went to the park by rope drop the buses weren't bad, if you got a little later start (9 am), buses were way more crowded. That was the only time we had to stand on the way to a park. Just another reason to get an early start :) The only other time we had to stand was after PM EMH at MK, we had to stand on the way back. I thought the buses were great, as did my DH, who usually likes to be in control of his transportation. It was really nice to get on an air conditioned bus after a hot day at the park.

Just back from our stay 6/20 - 6/25. We got Barbados 13, we were close to the bus stop, quiet pool and a 5 minute walk to OPR. I have arthritis in my knees so I was worried, but it really wasn't that bad.

Buses - I found if you went to the park by rope drop the buses weren't bad, if you got a little later start (9 am), buses were way more crowded. That was the only time we had to stand on the way to a park. Just another reason to get an early start :) The only other time we had to stand was after PM EMH at MK, we had to stand on the way back. I thought the buses were great, as did my DH, who usually likes to be in control of his transportation. It was really nice to get on an air conditioned bus after a hot day at the park.

Your DH sounds like mine. He always wants to be in control too. We use the buses, but most trips we have rented a car, just so he can go off property if he wants to. Most of the time the car just sits in the parking lot.

Glad to hear that you had a good stay at the CBR! Congrats on getting the free upgrade. Now that your husband realizes that Disney is magical, maybe you can talk him into a return trip!

Happy that you had a good stay! We were actually thinking about requesting Barbados next trip. My 76 year old mother will be with us and it's nice to hear that the walk is easy.

:surfweb: I did it! I've read through all four (now 5!) of the CBR FAQ threads! (Not all in one sitting! :rotfl2:)

Thank you to everyone who has shared their opinions and expertise about CBR - especially Safety Mom! :cheer2: What a wealth of information!! Your comments have helped me to be even more excited about my first stay at CBR this August. :goodvibes

:goodvibes Love this !!! I will be arriving at CBR next thursday july 8th!!!!! and I cannot tell u how helpful this has been, so Thank You:wizard: I'm going crazy during these last days and reading up on CBR helps alot

Well we have decided to switch this time. Now we are doing three nights at All Star Movies Preferred Room with 2 day tickets and free dining and then switching to The Contemporary (Magic Kingdom View) for the last two nights :banana: Maybe we'll do CBR one of these years :goodvibes This way we don't have to worry about food costs and we get to do two park days!! :cool1: Since we were paying OOP for food before, we pretty much ended up with the same expences overall. Quite excited for this completely out of the blue trip!

I hope you have a great time! I don't want anyone to not stay at CBR because of our bus experiences - it was a great resort, and from everything I heard, we were an anomaly!

I'm so glad you had a good experience - I know they had figured the bus issues we experienced out by the time we had left! Now that DH is hooked on Disney, maybe you can get back there sooner than you thought! :goodvibes

Quick question, help please

So I'm about to do my online check in but before that I want to call in my room requests. I did not book preferred so the closest to OPR that I can ask for is Jamaica 45? and what else?

TIA :goodvibes

Great information- Thanks:thumbsup2

We are staying in a Pirate room with our grandson this Sept.- can't wait.

We are renting a car so not worried about the bus issue.

I think my grandson is going to have a blast at that pirate ship play area pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter