Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does CBR have a recreation schedule like some other WDW resorts do? I remember seeing pics of movie nights and marshmallow roasts at it, but haven't really read anything stating that is a regular nightly occurrence.

Checking in to a Pirate Room tomorrow morning! Looks like it may be warm enough in the afternoon for my kids to enjoy the awesome pool. I just hope the resort is not overrun with Cheer kids......they were at Epcot on Sunday.....and you could hear their loud chants all over the park. It was absolutely obnoxious. Don't mean to offend anyone with cheer kids, but please be respectful of others.

jekajekalynn said:
Does CBR have a recreation schedule like some other WDW resorts do? I remember seeing pics of movie nights and marshmallow roasts at it, but haven't really read anything stating that is a regular nightly occurrence.

Yes, the poolside movie and marshmallow roast happen nightly, weather permitting. I am pretty sure the campfire starts around 6 and the movies around 7. You will get the exact schedule when you check in. Have a magical trip!

just got home wed. night... it is a great resort!!!! weather was beautiful ... (which has nothing to do with the resort, but just had to add that, since our last early dec trip was FREEZING!!!)

we paid for a water view, only because that's all that was available. at check in they had upgraded up to a preferred bldg. Martinique 26!!! at first we were concerned, cause there is only a little bit of the bldg facing the lagoon, and a LOT of parking lot views! (we really dislike parking lot views) we had a dead on view of the lagoon and little beach, and were just steps from the entrance to shutters!

the baggage fellows were really helpful, the check in Cm, everyone was very nice (except the maid, but we'll get to that.. popcorn::)

it's true that the bus can take a while.. there are 6 villages, and the Old port royale bus stop, 7 stops in all. the OPR stops was very close to our room.

one time we just missed a bus, must have been a MK bus, cause then we had 3 of each of the other parks buses pass us before a MK bus finally came.

from the little beach by our room , we could see illuminations perfectly!!!

the food court was much better than I remembered it from the last trip. I loved the carribean chicken sandwich and hubby loved the turkey dinner.

ok, now, about the maid...:lmao:

long story... we have always driven anyother time we stayed at CBR, so the custom house being set apart never mattered to us at all. this time we flew. our Magical Depress bus was picking us up at 11:55 AM. check out is 11 am. supposed to be there at 11 :40. don't want to sit around there 40 minutes that we don't have too.

now at Pop century,coronado Springs, and POR, we just walked our luggage over, checked it and got our boarding passes, then walked over to the food court for breakfast. but at CBR, unless you are in Barbados, you really need to have the baggage guys bring you over to the custom house. so we figured we would set it up for 9 AM. make sure it's all set, get our boarding passes, then take the internal shuttle to the food court for breakfast,then go back to the room with our coffee and newspaper till check out time, then hang by atable by the lagoon till it's time to take the shuttle back to the custom house. (that is kinda a pain. it would be better if the custome house was adjacent to Old Port Royale... oh well)
hubby went back to the room and I said I would meet him there very soon ( had to use a few snack credits left)
I went to the room and couldn't get in!!! my key unlocked the lock, but the maid had the door bolted! I knocked, no answer.. knocked again.. she yelled out something like,, "No, room clean, you no come in!"

I did not give up and finally kept trying to open the door until she opened it. (now, at this point, I still don't know where hubby is).. she kept trying to tell me that "room, clean, you no come in"

now, I get that she must have thought we were gone.. often we are totally gone at 6 AM when we drive.. we were already all packed up. ( I ,myself love to be pixie dusted and get my room early at check in) but, turns out.. we actually WEREN'T done with our room yet!

we paid for the room until 11 AM and we kinda wanted to use the private bathroom (after breakfast, before the flight, etc)

I wasn't mad that she was there.. it's that she wouldn't leave! so now I had to find hubby. (he has no cell) found him looking for me outside the food court. said the maid wouldn't let him in the room. I told him, "we are going back"

we did. she wouldn't leave. I told her we paid for the room until 11 and we need it right now.. she said she cleaned it already, and we could not stay there. she said, "I call manager" and she did.. and I talked to someone and said she had to leave. I put her vaccuum out, her cleaning supplies. she kept arguing with me!!!!! and wouldn't leave!! (she kept the tip I left , though!;))

she finally left, and a few minutes later someone knocked on our door, asking if there was something wrong. I siad, "notanymore, now that the maid left". I explained that we hadn't checked out, simply checked our bags, and had breakfast and returned to our room. the girl apologized . I saw someone walk past our room and go talk to the maid, and I think she got in trouble. we feel bad about that...BUT

we did NOT report her.. SHE called!!! even now, I won't call guest services or anything. I don't want her in trouble.. all we wanted was to get in OUR room!! :rotfl: and for her to LEAVE! :lmao: it was pretty comical!!!

all in all, it is a great resort. oh almost forgot.! I was concerned about pop Warner.. had a bad expereince iwth them in 2007 at all star music.. we saw a few groups at the reosrt. one near the pool bar was just a LITTLE noisy, nothing out of hand. there was a BIG group in the food court one night, but they were very polite, the coaches/chaperones had them in control. I complimented the coaches on the behavior of the kids.

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can answer a question.

We might or may not eat in Shutters, but was just wondering if anyone can tell me if you can get something from the restaurant to go?

I noticed they do Chicken Wings and was wondering if I could just order them and take it with me?

Is this possible.

TIA

FD

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can answer a question.

We might or may not eat in Shutters, but was just wondering if anyone can tell me if you can get something from the restaurant to go?

I noticed they do Chicken Wings and was wondering if I could just order them and take it with me?

Is this possible.

TIA

FD

I don't see why they wouldn't. It would never hurt to ask when you are in the area.

During our two trips to CBR, Shutters was mostly empty every time we went by. I hadn't even thought about just ordering the island wings and taking them to eat down by the pool bar area, or back at our room.

just got home wed. night... it is a great resort!!!! weather was beautiful ... (which has nothing to do with the resort, but just had to add that, since our last early dec trip was FREEZING!!!)

we paid for a water view, only because that's all that was available. at check in they had upgraded up to a preferred bldg. Martinique 26!!! at first we were concerned, cause there is only a little bit of the bldg facing the lagoon, and a LOT of parking lot views! (we really dislike parking lot views) we had a dead on view of the lagoon and little beach, and were just steps from the entrance to shutters!

the baggage fellows were really helpful, the check in Cm, everyone was very nice (except the maid, but we'll get to that.. popcorn::)

it's true that the bus can take a while.. there are 6 villages, and the Old port royale bus stop, 7 stops in all. the OPR stops was very close to our room.

one time we just missed a bus, must have been a MK bus, cause then we had 3 of each of the other parks buses pass us before a MK bus finally came.

the food court was much better than I remembered it from the last trip. I loved the carribean chicken sandwich and hubby loved the turkey dinner.

long story... we have always driven anyother time we stayed at CBR, so the custom house being set apart never mattered to us at all. this time we flew. our Magical Depress bus was picking us up at 11:55 AM. check out is 11 am. supposed to be there at 11 :40. don't want to sit around there 40 minutes that we don't have too.

now at Pop century,coronado Springs, and POR, we just walked our luggage over, checked it and got our boarding passes, then walked over to the food court for breakfast. but at CBR, unless you are in Barbados, you really need to have the baggage guys bring you over to the custom house. so we figured we would set it up for 9 AM. make sure it's all set, get our boarding passes, then take the internal shuttle to the food court for breakfast,then go back to the room with our coffee and newspaper till check out time, then hang by atable by the lagoon till it's time to take the shuttle back to the custom house. (that is kinda a pain. it would be better if the custome house was adjacent to Old Port Royale... oh well)
hubby went back to the room and I said I would meet him there very soon ( had to use a few snack credits left)
I went to the room and couldn't get in!!! my key unlocked the lock, but the maid had the door bolted! I knocked, no answer.. knocked again.. she yelled out something like,, "No, room clean, you no come in!"

I did not give up and finally kept trying to open the door until she opened it. (now, at this point, I still don't know where hubby is).. she kept trying to tell me that "room, clean, you no come in"

now, I get that she must have thought we were gone.. often we are totally gone at 6 AM when we drive.. we were already all packed up. ( I ,myself love to be pixie dusted and get my room early at check in) but, turns out.. we actually WEREN'T done with our room yet!

we paid for the room until 11 AM and we kinda wanted to use the private bathroom (after breakfast, before the flight, etc)

I wasn't mad that she was there.. it's that she wouldn't leave! so now I had to find hubby. (he has no cell) found him looking for me outside the food court. said the maid wouldn't let him in the room. I told him, "we are going back"

we did. she wouldn't leave. I told her we paid for the room until 11 and we need it right now.. she said she cleaned it already, and we could not stay there. she said, "I call manager" and she did.. and I talked to someone and said she had to leave. I put her vaccuum out, her cleaning supplies. she kept arguing with me!!!!! and wouldn't leave!! (she kept the tip I left , though!;))

she finally left, and a few minutes later someone knocked on our door, asking if there was something wrong. I siad, "notanymore, now that the maid left". I explained that we hadn't checked out, simply checked our bags, and had breakfast and returned to our room. the girl apologized . I saw someone walk past our room and go talk to the maid, and I think she got in trouble. we feel bad about that...BUT

we did NOT report her.. SHE called!!! even now, I won't call guest services or anything. I don't want her in trouble.. all we wanted was to get in OUR room!! :rotfl: and for her to LEAVE! :lmao: it was pretty comical!!!

all in all, it is a great resort. oh almost forgot.! I was concerned about pop Warner.. had a bad expereince iwth them in 2007 at all star music.. we saw a few groups at the reosrt. one near the pool bar was just a LITTLE noisy, nothing out of hand. there was a BIG group in the food court one night, but they were very polite, the coaches/chaperones had them in control. I complimented the coaches on the behavior of the kids.

Well I wonder what the heck was up with the mousekeeper? Obviously, she didn't want to have to come back and clean the room again if ya'll went back in. But, like you said, you paid for the room until 11 a.m. so, by golly, you had every right to go back in.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the resort. We always say that we are going to try another moderate but keep finding ourselves going back to the CBR because it's so pretty.

I believe so. DH knew more about the recreation schedule than I did. We did watch Lady & the Tramp outside on the 7th.

There's also a camp fire that's done between 5 pm and 6 pm where they roast marshmallows. I don't remember if that's nightly or just on Fridays. We missed it by a 1/2 hour last week.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Mousekeeping. We didn't see ours at all while we were there last week. We had Trinidad South bldg 34 and my mom and brother had Jamaica bldg 42.

Most of the PW group was staying over in Jamaica. My mom and brother said they weren't that bad. However, my brother did say there were a few boys that were being rowdy while he was using the hot tub. He did complain but I don't remember if he talked to the adults that were with them or the CMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter