Care package for my daughter

smilemommysmile

Grateful Mama
I am looking for ideas for our daughter. She will be doing the DCP in the spring. For Christmas, we'd like to get her a care package full of things she may need or want while she is away....any ideas? Thanks!

Check pinterest - there are tons of boards and pins from military spouses with care package ideas

My daughter is doing the Fall DCP right now. She loves Walmart, Panera and Disney gift cards the best. Walmart and Panera are closest to her apartment.

3676733c132e1f1158b4518a74dea28b.jpg

DD here! I love getting Disney gift cards (especially if she's working merchandise because she'll see a million things she wants everyday!), Walmart and Target (for grocery and other whosits and whatsits) then just random things like cards, snacks, cute Disney clothes my mom finds back home and really just anything else that would make life away from home easier. As for additional Christmas ideas I'd recommend Mickey ears, pins to trade (if she's like the rest of us she'll get sucked into it!) or other gift cards to food places close to the complexes like Cici's pizza, Wendy's, Chick Fil A, Panera, McDonalds, etc. Tell your daughter congratulations and if she has any questions I can have my mom PM you my email address. I'm currently doing the Fall program in merchandise at the Contemporary resort and LOVE it. Hope this helps! :goodvibes

I feel like DCP care packages are really similar to normal care packages. Don't send food unless it is something home made. Send money for anything they can get where they are at such as crackers and snack items. Send things that they can't get wherever they are at. You save money that way and space that can be used for other things.

Thank you so much everyone !! I could use any tips you all may have, either from a DCPer or parents ....keep them coming!!!! :)

I am looking for ideas for our daughter. She will be doing the DCP in the spring. For Christmas, we'd like to get her a care package full of things she may need or want while she is away....any ideas? Thanks!

Here are things I wish I had during my last CP! Granted it was Fall, but I'm preparing to go back this Spring, and many of the items overlap! Granted, I'm coming from California, so my list could be different, it just depends what kind of weather your DD is used to!

Slippers/comfy slip on shoes other than flip flops - You don't have a lot of control of your apartment temp, and though it might seem impossible, she might get one that is freezing even on the hot days. Also helpful for laundry trips.
Rain/warm boots - Contrary to popular belief, it can get cold in Florida.
An extra "special" blanket or throw for her bed - This may sound childish, but at one point or another, she'll probably get homesick. A soft throw that reminds her of home/family will help her get through it. Best part is that something like a Cinderella or Little Mermaid throw fits right in.
Photos of family/friends/home - See above.
A single use camera - It can be a fun way to bond with her roomies. Something about disposable cameras make taking pictures so much more fun.
Disney/Walmart/CiCi's Pizza/Taco Bell/etc. gift cards - Spending money! Also, there's a pharmacy right next to Vista Way, I think a CVS? It's really convenient, but it's pricey. It's nice to not have to take a 30 minute ride to Walmart!
Pretty much anything Disney! Most people that do the DCP are huge Disney fans, and I assume you DD is the same way. Doing the DCP is a good chance for her to be silly and wear those corny Minnie shirts she would never wear at home, or wear a lanyard filled with pins. She may laugh at the gifts, but in the end I bet you will see at least one picture of her wearing it.

When I was in college, I loved getting gift cards for the grocery store. It was nice not having to bend the budget that week for groceries :)

Under the bed storage container, filled with stuff, like a big plastic stocking.

You could make a coupon book, with items she can cash in for you to send to her, like homemade brownies, cookies, muffins, granola or whatever.

Hair items, purse size brush ( I have a Minnie one .. :thumbsup2) hair clips, bands, purse size hair spray.

Gum, breath mints, hard candy, those throw away toothbrushes / mouth wash they work great when you work with the public.

Laundry - The drop in ones work best, and a box of the color saver sheets, and tide laundry pen.

Kleenex, for the room and the individual one for her purse.

Personal care products,

Hand sanitizer, bath and body has lots of this and some cute thingy to put them in they can attach to a purse or back pack.

OTC med's don't forget cough drops, tummy and headache, band aids w/ neo to go.

Gift cards - find out what's close and go from there.

My DD is an alum - and is going back for her 2nd program in January. At first I sent packages (boxes) filled with snacks, fun stuff, etc., and while my DD liked what I sent, she really enjoyed the gift cards I would tuck in with everything else, the most.

So, as time went along the packages became just envelopes with gift cards to Walmart, Target, Panera, Applebees, and Buffalo Wild Wings is a big favorite of the DCP's too. etc. etc.

I always included the ever popular Disney gift cards too - b/c they can even use those to buy food in the parks, treat themselves to a nice dinner with friends and so on. She and her friends liked to "splurge" every now and then and go to the various nice Disney restaurants. They loved having gift cards from home to be able to do that.

Gift cards are the way to go, in my experience. And shipping is certainly easier when it's only an envelope to pop in the mail rather than a box -- that she then had to lug to her apartment.

But regardless -- whatever you send from home will be appreciated, that's for sure!

Giftcards to Wal Mart/Publix (depending on where she does groceries) Target, Panera, Disney, etc. Maybe some giftcards for her to do some shopping at the florida mall (disney cp buses go there once a week).

I always hated buying "basic but essential" things like razors, shampoo etc (spoiled that my mom buys it for me at home!).

Also depending on where you're from snacks from your home state might be nice - for me being Canadian my family sent me real Kraft Dinner and real smarties (not the american kind). It was nice!

You guys are great! I am so excited for our daughter and I want to help in any way I can. There should be a parents page lol! Keep up any ideas you may have learned with your experiences--thanks so much !:)

Looking at this...my son will is doing the Fall Advantage Program. He will turn 21 while he is there. I want to send a birthday care package to him for his birthday. I will be looking at pinterest to send cake and such.

Loving the ideas, my DD goes in August for the Fall in Quick Service and I have been starting to plan what I am going to send. It is great to hear the places the CP kids like to go to eat outside of Disney. And I am sure for my DD the Disney gift cards will be the most treasured. Never would have thought of the cooler pack for lunches. Just showed her and she loved the idea.

My mom used to send me care packages all the time at Vista way. They included my favorite foods Cap'n crunch, mac & chz,homemade cookies & cards w/ her writing something 2 me in it :) I was only one to evey get them in my apt :)

I loved the lunch box idea. How many people in the CP buy lunch? Is it even allowed both my DDs are in food service here and must buy their meals. DD will be in merchandizing. Also can they get their discounts with gift cards?

I treasured my Target gift cards (there is an amazing super target that is near the CP housing)! I also loved getting pictures from home, some dry goods ( favorite granola bars, breakfast stuff, snacks), I also got some shorts, tops, and some bathroom stuff from my parents (towels and t-shirts). It was nice to know my parents were thinking of me so care packages are awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter