Car Rental question--Arriving after counter closes

I think you really should turn to non-traditional car rental companies. In small towns, contacting a rental company at any time of the day is impossible, so you should look for alternative options.
Not sure I'd want to be relying on a non-traditional car rental company at midnight.
I'd call the local (to the airport) for the rental agencies. Ask if they stay open to accommodate late flights. If not stay close to the airport, uber if necessary or take a car service to your destination and rent a car the next day.

I think you really should turn to non-traditional car rental companies. In small towns, contacting a rental company at any time of the day is impossible, so you should look for alternative options.
We went back in February. We ended up getting to the counter about 10 mins before they closed. Thankfully it all worked out. I had never had such a late flight and I thought there would be someone at the counters all hours.

Not sure I'd want to be relying on a non-traditional car rental company at midnight.
I'd call the local (to the airport) for the rental agencies. Ask if they stay open to accommodate late flights. If not stay close to the airport, uber if necessary or take a car service to your destination and rent a car the next day.
I agree. I didn't want to rely on uber or the like for such a late flight. I have never ubered in my life and didnt want that to be my first one. We were able to make it to the counter 10 mins before closing (at midnight) and got our rental thankfully.

We went back in February. We ended up getting to the counter about 10 mins before they closed. Thankfully it all worked out. I had never had such a late flight and I thought there would be someone at the counters all hours.
Hi. I’m in the exact same predicament. My flight is scheduled to be landing at 11:45 pm. I would like to rent from hertz but they close at 11 pm and their phone rep is “unsure if they’ll stay open even if I provide my flight details.” Which company did you use, if I may ask?

I agree. I didn't want to rely on uber or the like for such a late flight. I have never ubered in my life and didnt want that to be my first one. We were able to make it to the counter 10 mins before closing (at midnight) and got our rental thankfully.
Curious, what was your plan B if your plane was delayed and you landed after all the rental agencies closed for the night?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter