• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can't decide need opinions

abja09

DIS Veteran
As often asked here I am trying to decide on a cruise for 2016 spring break (Easter week) and need some input. I have changed my cruise 3 times now and still not sure which to take.
I am looking at Easter week 2016. I am trying to decide on 7n Eastern Caribbean Fantasy which leaves the day before Easter or the 5n western carribean on the Wonder out of Miami which leaves good Friday then do a day or 2 at WDW after the cruise. I think my biggest issue is the price for the 7n Fantasy - it's a lot of money for a cruise we have already done. We have sailed on the wonder but have not been to Grand Cayman.
I'm driving myself and my son crazy with the back and forth!!
Any helpful input or feedback on how crazy that week will be on DCL will be greatly appreciated.

What is the price difference? If it is a LOT, which I suspect it is, I would try the Wonder for a change. That is an expensive time of year to cruise.

We did the 5 Night Wonder out of Miami to Cozumel and CC. We loved it!!

That is great to hear! We did a 4n eastern out of Miami last Feb and really enjoyed so I am leaning toward the 5n on the Wonder.

If you decide to do WDW + 5 day cruise, is doing WDW first an option? Many people, myself included, find that doing the parks after the cruise is exhausting.

after doing only 7 day cruises, we just did our first 4 night so that we could go on the dream. It was definitely not long enough! I wish I had looked into a 3 day before and made it a b2b, is that an option for you?

Yes the difference is almost 2k not sure it is worth it!!
Generally I am of the opinion that the longer the cruise, the better. BUT, for $2000 instead of two extra nights on the Fantasy, I bet you could get 3 nights on the Dream (maybe not Easter week, but SOMETIME!). Of course, I don't know where you live or how practical that is, but I guess I'm just a bargain hunter! I loved the Fantasy, but I also love the Wonder for 5 nights and 2k towards my NEXT cruise!

Does the 2K price difference include the money you're going to spend on park tickets, food and lodging? If it doesn't then I would say without a doubt, go on the Fantasy. We've only sailed the Dream and Fantasy, our Wonder cruise is still 151 days away and I'm sure it will be great, but 7 days on the Fantasy is just amazing and the western itinerary is great.

Whichever you decide will be good as soon as you make a decision and own it, don't look back at it and second guess yourself. But you need to put total cost of both trips together to make a rational decision.

Does the 2K price difference include the money you're going to spend on park tickets, food and lodging? If it doesn't then I would say without a doubt, go on the Fantasy. We've only sailed the Dream and Fantasy, our Wonder cruise is still 151 days away and I'm sure it will be great, but 7 days on the Fantasy is just amazing and the western itinerary is great.

Whichever you decide will be good as soon as you make a decision and own it, don't look back at it and second guess yourself. But you need to put total cost of both trips together to make a rational decision.

The 2k was just the difference in the cruise price not including anything else. I made the change this morning to the 5n wonder. It just couldn't justify the extra money. We have done the 7n fantasy, a 4n dream and 4n Wonder already and to be honest we love any DCL cruise!! As my son said " any day on a Disney cruise is a good day!"

congrats. the 5 night is a nice one. We've done both and the 7 night is great. but, for $2k you can put that towards your next one. because, as soon as you get off the boat, you'll be looking forward to the next one!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter