• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Candlelight Processional Dinner - Watching & Waiting

Wow, what a way to wake up-- I overslept the alarm by 45 minutes! :eek: I took a look at the clock and my first thought was, "Oh my gosh, DISNEY!!! :scared1: I bolted out of bed, forgetting that I have 5 incisions on my tummy from surgery 11 days ago (ouch!), grabbed the phone and started looking frantically for my purse to dig out my credit card. DH was calmly eating his breakfast :surfweb: and I came bursting into the kitchen, clutching the phone to my ear, in search of my credit card, looking like this: :scared1: With his mouth gaping, DH asked what's wrong, and I hissed back at him (because a CM was about to answer at this point), "DISNEY"! DH (aka Mr. Compassion, and not because he's brimming with it) lost all concern. :laughing::rotfl: I guess I did look pretty ridiculous. :crazy2::blush::laughing: I know that everyone on here was hoping that today was THE DAY to get your CP ADR's, but I am so glad that it wasn't. ::yes::

Anyway, the CM I spoke to advised me to call back every morning this week, because SHE was told that CP packages would be out during the last week of July, but no specific date was given to her. Hopefully she's right and we can all be put out of our "misery" by finalizing our ADR's this week. :thumbsup2

Wow, what a way to wake up-- I overslept the alarm by 45 minutes! :eek: I took a look at the clock and my first thought was, "Oh my gosh, DISNEY!!! :scared1: I bolted out of bed, forgetting that I have 5 incisions on my tummy from surgery 11 days ago (ouch!), grabbed the phone and started looking frantically for my purse to dig out my credit card. DH was calmly eating his breakfast :surfweb: and I came bursting into the kitchen, clutching the phone to my ear, in search of my credit card, looking like this: :scared1: With his mouth gaping, DH asked what's wrong, and I hissed back at him (because a CM was about to answer at this point), "DISNEY"! DH (aka Mr. Compassion, and not because he's brimming with it) lost all concern. :laughing::rotfl: I guess I did look pretty ridiculous. :crazy2::blush::laughing: I know that everyone on here was hoping that today was THE DAY to get your CP ADR's, but I am so glad that it wasn't. ::yes::

Anyway, the CM I spoke to advised me to call back every morning this week, because SHE was told that CP packages would be out during the last week of July, but no specific date was given to her. Hopefully she's right and we can all be put out of our "misery" by finalizing our ADR's this week. :thumbsup2

awwwww.. That probley wasn't very good on your body..

Did last year's CP had any restaurant options that were one TS credit or where all two?

Last time we did CP in '08 it was one...

If it's two, not sure I'll do it...

In 2009 they all became 2 credits. But there is a tier price structure which means if you pay out of pocket, some of the times and places are a lower cost than others. If you use a dining plan you will be using 2 credits. The tax and tip are not included so the price stucture comes into play in a small way even when using a dining plan.

Hi all.. Just called WDW and was told they are opening booking for this week :banana: but didn't have a date set on the calendar.. Probably to keep from getting flooded..

...but good grief, this is killing me! I live on the West coast, so I have to set my alarm for 4:00 AM EVERY morning. Please, please, let it be tomorrow morning to eliminate this misery. :scared: I never really get back to sleep, so I have been walking dead for two weeks now!

I arrive in the world exactly 5 months from today! It would be a nice xmas in July present to be able to book the CP package soon!:santa:

I am begging this to end soon!!! :wizard:

It is the last ADR I need to make and I am tired of worrying about this!!!

...but good grief, this is killing me! I live on the West coast, so I have to set my alarm for 4:00 AM EVERY morning. Please, please, let it be tomorrow morning to eliminate this misery. :scared: I never really get back to sleep, so I have been walking dead for two weeks now!

I feel so bad for you and anyone else living west of the eastern time zone. Personally I am only getting up from between my normal time to possilbly about 40 minutes earlier than I would wake up naturally. Even I will be so glad to have this drama end this week. It will be a luxury to sleep in again if I feel like it.

I should know this, but I can't seem to remember... If you are booking this with the dining plan do you need a credit card to secure the reservation?

I still can't decide if we are going to do it or not. I think if I can get the restaurant I want then we will, if not we wont. :confused3

EDIT: I just called to see what the latest info. was. The CM said "Not just yet. We are telling guests to call back later this week." Oh well, it was worth a try. :)

I called again at 1pm today just in case they opened up later today. The CM I spoke with was very helpful. He is as anxious as the rest of us since he spends nearly all day answering this question:lmao:

He told me that they do not have a specific date, they have been told "end of July" to him this seems like the end of July, but who knows?

He encouraged me to call back every morning as it could happen any day now. He even told me what time he gets in so I could hopefully book through him....he was great;)

Does this event take place Thanksgiving week? We'll be there from Nov. 20-26th and I think I read that it starts on the 26th, which doesn't work for us.

Does this event take place Thanksgiving week? We'll be there from Nov. 20-26th and I think I read that it starts on the 26th, which doesn't work for us.

In 2009 it was held 3 times nightly beginning the day after Thanksgiving through December 30th.

I hate to ask this question-but-are the packages always released in the morning? I usually only call in the mornings-but I hate to miss out if they might come out later in the day...:confused3

I am begging this to end soon!!! :wizard:

It is the last ADR I need to make and I am tired of worrying about this!!!

I'm in the same boat.. all my reservations were set 6-25, except for this one.. To be honest this is the corner of my x-mas plans.. I want to do something special x-mas day and this was it.. UGGG.. well at least its forcing me to get up so i can call in, and forces me to go to the gym.. LOL

The current dates on the Disney World website for the CP are 26 Nov-30 Dec. The website has been wrong before but the dates sound about right compared to previous years. I'm sorry this doesn't fit into your plans for this year.

I called again today and was told the same thing as before (4times).
Not to worry as I am lucky to already have an Epcot reservation that I will be able to convert on release day :thumbsup2 I asked again. Are you sure ??
After a wait on hold the CM came back and said Yes !:santa::)

I called again at 1pm today just in case they opened up later today. The CM I spoke with was very helpful. He is as anxious as the rest of us since he spends nearly all day answering this question:lmao:

He told me that they do not have a specific date, they have been told "end of July" to him this seems like the end of July, but who knows?

He encouraged me to call back every morning as it could happen any day now. He even told me what time he gets in so I could hopefully book through him....he was great;)

Was his name Greg? It sounds like the guy that I talked with earlier. He was great.

I called again today and was told the same thing as before (4times).
Not to worry as I am lucky to already have an Epcot reservation that I will be able to convert on release day :thumbsup2 I asked again. Are you sure ??
After a wait on hold the CM came back and said Yes !:santa::)
NO.. I am waiting for a normal reservation for Le Cellier and it seems that the only way I'm going to get one is when someone cxl their normal reservation and rebook CP..

I just had a thought.

For CP, I was told when I called that there will only be a couple of restaurants NOT available for the package (Akershus, Bistro de Paris). The new Italy restarant, Via Napoli, is set to open for reservations Aug 5. Do you think that they will hold CP reservations for ALL locations until that restaurant is available to book as well?

Again, just a thought...

Was his name Greg? It sounds like the guy that I talked with earlier. He was great. ..

He WAS Greg! He was really outstanding and sympathetic. He did mention that some folks had been yelling at him thought...felt sorry for him. I waited to do the phone survey with him because I hope he gets rewarded for his Disney spirit.:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter