Candlelight Processional Dining packages are posted!

I completely disagree with the poster who said no to this question. If your kids enjoy music (familiar Christmas music), they'll enjoy the story and the show. It's not even that long of a show - probably an hour or less. It's far from a church service. The Voices of Liberty are elite singers and lead most of the show. Well known narrators tell the story. It's inspiring for adults and kids, at least those families who wish to hear the story of Christ. My kids loved it when they were young, and still do now that they're adults.

I would think it varies by kid. I kind of think of it like a midnight mass/Christmas Eve service. I was a stereotypical kid who thought church was boring and complained every Sunday growing up, but I LOVED the Christmas Eve service. It was “special” since it was at night and seemed so celebratory, and I loved hearing the Christmas story and getting to sing my favorite Christmas hymns. I absolutely would have loved this as a kid. But some of my friends still found church on Christmas Eve boring lol, and I don’t know if they would have been into this as kids either. Candlelight Processional has a lot of narration, and these aren’t really stars young kids recognize and get excited about. But it could be entertaining for those who like Christmas Eve service. It’s a similar vibe. It’s also longer than most Disney shows, so even kids who enjoy this type of thing could get restless halfway through. It’s really what are your kids into?

I agree it absolutely depends on the child - or even the adult. But we've never got the "midnight services" vibe from the show, and my kids looked forward to the CP. If anything, we got more of a Broadway production kind of a vibe. We never had Neil Patrick Harris and the Voices Of Liberty at our Christmas Eve services!!

But as with everything, I agree with you that you need to know your own kids. And I know there are always many kids sitting in the audience when we're there. We're thankful it's back after being shut down last year. Looking forward to the chance to see it again, even if the format is a little different.

Please, as I asked before, where are you looking up the booking? Are you doing a search through Disney dining? I am, not seeing any info yet about booking packages. Thanks!

There is currently no narrator for the entire week of December 14-22. Does that mean that, as of now, there will be no CP those days? And does that mean that dining packages for those days will not be available to book tomorrow morning?

There is currently no narrator for the entire week of December 14-22. Does that mean that, as of now, there will be no CP those days? And does that mean that dining packages for those days will not be available to book tomorrow morning?

It will be booked but with no known narrator. It will be announced later. This is normal.

I keep getting the an error as well. Not sure if it is because the system is swamped, or because they're not available yet!

Has anyone gotten a reservation?
nope keep getting this message:
We were unable to check for available tables at this time. A problem may have occurred while looking for availability. Please ensure if you have a valid resort reservation, it is linked to your My Disney Experience account and try again.

Doesn't it open at 7 eastern? I did not think 6 was right when i read that on a thread here and I keep getting the "unable to check for available tables at this time message" now too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter