• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Canadian Buffoon's Hi Low Vacation - South Central Musings

This not sleeping habit. I recommend ditching this habit. It's not healthy.

Okay. From now on I promise 12 hours of sleep every day.

Whoops! Typo. That should be 1-2 hours of sleep.

Not without my glasses.

While you demonstrate an excellent example of Canadian determination, the real question is - why? Ugh, 15 minutes would be my limit. Heck, who am I kidding, at that time of the morning it would be 5 minutes, and the first time I'd get stuck that would be it for me. Sorry coworkers, that one is beyond my control.

Tunnel vision.
Once I got going...
I was determined to get 'er done.

If I'd known ahead of time...
I would've gone back to bed.

Won't do that again, though.

Only now were you sleep deprived? Sheesh, I'm exhausted reading about your lack of sleep.

I was exhausted typing it.

I think I was pretty tired living it.

I am positive that you are a great coworker, and a very dependable person. But why would your company hire more staff when they know that you are going to cover these insane amount of hours? You need a better work/life balance buddy, for your health and for your family's sake. Do not let your employer continue to abuse your good character!

They have.
We have one guy returning in about a month.
Two trainees on the go.
Things should settle out a lot in the very near future.

The company is actually noticing
that we're getting burned out.

And, as I might never be motivated to be up early enough for the first safari truck, I think that I am stuck with the look alike lions forever. But it would be so cool to see and hear!

Instead of early, I wonder if late would work?

No idea.

C

Epcot

Yes

Frozen

A

10:00

4 minutes

Noted.

Not to worry. Leave it until DD is old enough
to be your slave.
:rotfl2: Working on that! She already uloads the dishwasher (mostly) by herself. The next task being added to her list her soon is Sweeping the floor after she eats.

Wow.
You know... I never thought of that.

Dang. You're right.
Thats the Snarky Homeschooling mama in me coming out.
:rotfl:

Oh and the "Winter Weather event" that shut down Georgia:

awNfne1r-hCF2FHaYmlHZoqUEW_z32F5SemLkQYMvz0_fNWdN7LeQ-uMvCAV4CbArsv4ruboMGXGtAhXzAkw_a3dHFNvSkI-3ie7jioMhvJUnbbZfrbRaUG44BeTxchJj67k5cBBofm4Qv8XCxJ60hyCHczGMIH7ZI26W5aebOfu_Gn-zoltChg27tB5suQHN41o0nQf1aS7S8jMT9VckeSL6SxxUB2tHb609qwRPaUGWgzKjOG6xEgbSs0i-8mPfHS7hYTg0s2QZNtVBQHupP3nCpwDVBFQcLLUA4bWJITL3py2tf0cjVJMYCXpjfFy4QXof15z2YgD3haieXpddIwP4sYiDQZrsRWF8Ma0-ph1uwonnMPk_9IiR41hKmfwCEDDS3rPRQQaG-g9963g3bBLT-l7JtqVVLSHHJ68PaZhooEg3UNrPmxEeirct0_1meVtSlMhRqYU8tVwzK6AGTJwzTFBeILSpPJVuIB70cV0CLsUoAXLsHpyGG_Fc3PAcCLekCZoo_t1IiMtXUNba6hxeifxaV7VgW1AHDzZluNhrmX6MaxFq3MgRUrkJnm3oyTJkhtenHopLD3zHhJe3zylIxHCT8CCoB9ObEJ_bBAf7_jmPn2d=w713-h950-no

Schools are still closed tomorrow. (And we got more than most!) Feel free to mock now. :rotfl:

:rotfl2: Working on that! She already uloads the dishwasher (mostly) by herself.

Not bad!

The next task being added to her list her soon is Sweeping the floor after she eats.

Tell her she has to eat off of it.
That should make her do a good job.

Thats the Snarky Homeschooling mama in me coming out.

:laughing:

Oh and the "Winter Weather event" that shut down Georgia:

Dang. Can't see the photo.

Schools are still closed tomorrow. (And we got more than most!) Feel free to mock now. :rotfl:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you didn't get a whole lot?
But then again, if you got ice... I shan't mock.

Dang. Can't see the photo.
How about this:
awNfne1r-hCF2FHaYmlHZoqUEW_z32F5SemLkQYMvz0_fNWdN7LeQ-uMvCAV4CbArsv4ruboMGXGtAhXzAkw_a3dHFNvSkI-3ie7jioMhvJUnbbZfrbRaUG44BeTxchJj67k5cBBofm4Qv8XCxJ60hyCHczGMIH7ZI26W5aebOfu_Gn-zoltChg27tB5suQHN41o0nQf1aS7S8jMT9VckeSL6SxxUB2tHb609qwRPaUGWgzKjOG6xEgbSs0i-8mPfHS7hYTg0s2QZNtVBQHupP3nCpwDVBFQcLLUA4bWJITL3py2tf0cjVJMYCXpjfFy4QXof15z2YgD3haieXpddIwP4sYiDQZrsRWF8Ma0-ph1uwonnMPk_9IiR41hKmfwCEDDS3rPRQQaG-g9963g3bBLT-l7JtqVVLSHHJ68PaZhooEg3UNrPmxEeirct0_1meVtSlMhRqYU8tVwzK6AGTJwzTFBeILSpPJVuIB70cV0CLsUoAXLsHpyGG_Fc3PAcCLekCZoo_t1IiMtXUNba6hxeifxaV7VgW1AHDzZluNhrmX6MaxFq3MgRUrkJnm3oyTJkhtenHopLD3zHhJe3zylIxHCT8CCoB9ObEJ_bBAf7_jmPn2d=w713-h950-no

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you didn't get a whole lot?
But then again, if you got ice... I shan't mock.
It turned out more Crunchy and ice then what I've heard others call snow. Not great snow for Snowballs but boy does a sled move! If the picture actually loads this time, then you'll see the street we were sledding on. One push and even the adults made it all the way to where the street turns the corner! {We're talking aprox. .10 miles} Little Miss had a blast till we sent her down by herself and ended up crashing into the storm drain because she didn't know how to steer. :rotfl2: {She's absolutely fine btw} :rotfl:

How about this:

Nope. Darn.

It turned out more Crunchy and ice then what I've heard others call snow.

"heard others call snow"

This line boggles my mind.

Not great snow for Snowballs but boy does a sled move! If the picture actually loads this time, then you'll see the street we were sledding on.

Ah well...

One push and even the adults made it all the way to where the street turns the corner! {We're talking aprox. .10 miles}

Whoa! So... very icy.
Not so fun for driving.

Little Miss had a blast till we sent her down by herself and ended up crashing into the storm drain because she didn't know how to steer. :rotfl2: {She's absolutely fine btw} :rotfl:

As long as she's okay.

Guessing that was it for her sledding.

"heard others call snow"

This line boggles my mind.
:rotfl2: I have only seen the dryish powdery stuff once in my life and It boggled my mind then. Most of the times what I have been told is snow is very wet and very icy.

As long as she's okay.

Guessing that was it for her sledding.
:rotfl: Oh she was perfectly fine. and we were able to coax her on once or twice more but she just wanted to be pulled after that. She would chase the sled downhill and then plop herself in it and asked to be pulled back up.

Nope. Darn.
:badpc:

[GALLERY=]image.jpeg [/GALLERY]

This was our snow- about 7" of powdery fluff. It was -1.3 when I got up this morning and rose to +2 by the time I drove DD to her carpool meeting spot. Brr!

We are still tenatively planning to go to WDW on the 25th- DD's doctor said if it were his kid, he'd go and not worry about it. I think I might be able to go, but the not worrying about it part has me worried. She has begged me not to ask my sister come stay with her (she's a crazy cat lady who has been known to wake up DD 10 times a night to make sure she's still breathing. Plus she's a panicker in an emergency, but hey, she owes me. I've kept her cats alive all the times she's gone away, so she can keep my kid alive!)

We got our Magic Bands and made our FP's and I am really looking forward to seeing this new Epcot Arts Festival.

I know I am not doing the contest, but for some reason I am compelled to tell you I hated the movie Mrs. Doubtfire- rest his soul but Robin Williams creeped me out in that one.

I didn't make soup, I'd have a riot
(in the shape of a sixteen year old girl)
on my hands.

I like to get everything out of the way
so I don't have to deal with it
in the morning.

Well, I have to make the soup,
but that's easy from that point on.

So what besides turkey do you out in your soup? After Thanksgiving I made one, and mixed it up a bit, I added roasted red peppers, barley and heavy cream. Normally I'll just go with mirepoix and some noodles.

That would never work up here.
I assume SUV means
"Sheltie Uplifted Vehicle"?

:scratchin

I prefer HUVs.

I got nothing. I Googled it and it kept asking me "do you mean HIV?"

I do! I absolutely want a snow blower!
But.... between expenses
and more expenses
(Did I tell you Kay wants to go
to Phoenix and LA?
To Disney and Universal???)
I just can't swing it right now.

Disney can't cost that much. :confused3

Now the airfare that's a killer.

Hmmm....
I think I'm going to have to ask Fran.

Wait... you said she sleeps more than you do.

I need to ask your friends.

The other people on my TRs know as much as you do.

So... sure. Totally recovered.
Let's go with that.

OK

Benefits of asking for the first row.
But yours is good too!

I do that now too. That picture was like 3 years old.

Honestly, you're not missing all that much.
It was fun, but....
I won't be in a rush to see it again.

I saw it quite a few times when it was running at DCA, never bothered at AK since I didn't think it could be all that different.

That's because it was totally closed at that time! :laughing:
It didn't open for about 15 minutes after I arrived.

Makes sense. We had a heck of a time finding a table.

Oh good!
Curious to see what you thought

All I need to do is get caught up on shout outs and another 2-3 TRs.

:rotfl2: I have only seen the dryish powdery stuff once in my life and It boggled my mind then. Most of the times what I have been told is snow is very wet and very icy.

You've heard that Inuit (eskimos as they were once called)
have many different words for different types of snow, right?
(Maybe?)

It's not true. But maybe you heard that.

:rotfl: Oh she was perfectly fine. and we were able to coax her on once or twice more but she just wanted to be pulled after that. She would chase the sled downhill and then plop herself in it and asked to be pulled back up.

:laughing: I made my DDs pull me up the hill once.

We made it almost ten feet!

This was our snow- about 7" of powdery fluff.

Pretty! But..... I don't wanna shovel it.
I'd heard the east coast got hit.

It was -1.3 when I got up this morning and rose to +2 by the time I drove DD to her carpool meeting spot. Brr!

Yeah, that's a bit cool. Want to have a toasty car for that.

We are still tenatively planning to go to WDW on the 25th- DD's doctor said if it were his kid, he'd go and not worry about it.

Listen to your doctor.

I think I might be able to go, but the not worrying about it part has me worried.

Have her shoot you a text twice or three times a day.
Or an email, or whatever.

She has begged me not to ask my sister come stay with her (she's a crazy cat lady who has been known to wake up DD 10 times a night to make sure she's still breathing.

Ugh. I'm on your DDs side on this one.

Plus she's a panicker in an emergency, but hey, she owes me.

You'll owe your DD after that, though.

I've kept her cats alive all the times she's gone away, so she can keep my kid alive!)

So cat = kid.

Check.

We got our Magic Bands and made our FP's and I am really looking forward to seeing this new Epcot Arts Festival.

I hadn't even heard of that!
What is it?

I know I am not doing the contest, but for some reason I am compelled to tell you I hated the movie Mrs. Doubtfire- rest his soul but Robin Williams creeped me out in that one.

Not quite sure what that has to do with the contest...

But, I think you're in the minority.
Most people loved that movie.

It was the face in the cake that did it, wasn't it.

Um.... Is this a good thing or a bad thing for us?

With respect to us, that is a good question. It does slightly complicate matters. However, I am now waitlisted at the Grand Californian for Wed & Thurs nights, but I was able to get a room for Friday night.

I also got a Friday night a week later, and have a waitlist for the Saturday night as well.

I have family in LA suburb Acadia. We have been to Disneyland once. SO MUCH FUN!!! We have been to a few other places around as well.
one place I am going to recommend- if you like burgers- is to go to Clearmans Galley. Locals call it "THE BOAT" . I had to look up the name because I always call it the boat. There's an actual boat in the front of the restaurant which used to be the kitchen. they refab'd in recent years and made the restaurant bigger. Had to let you know about it.

http://clearmansgalley.com/

So what besides turkey do you out in your soup? After Thanksgiving I made one, and mixed it up a bit, I added roasted red peppers, barley and heavy cream. Normally I'll just go with mirepoix and some noodles.

I'd never heard of mirepoix.... and... yes, that's what I put in.
I'll also add salt and pepper, maybe a bouillon cube or two but possibly not,
macaroni noodles (because if I use any other noodles,
Kay will revolt. And there's nothing worse than a revolting child.)
and a handful of rice.
And if I had my way, I'd throw some chopped tomatoes
in there too... but neither kid likes that.
(But that's the way my Grandma made it!! :()

I got nothing. I Googled it and it kept asking me "do you mean HIV?"

Nope.
Husky Uplifted Vehicle.

Disney can't cost that much. :confused3

Now the airfare that's a killer.

And the hotels...
And the car rentals....
And Uni....
And food.....
And the crappy exchange rate
(Take what it costs and multiply
it by 1.35... ouch.)

Plus add on the $2,000 or so
for Kay's trip to Cuba
(with the school band) in February......

The other people on my TRs know as much as you do.

You're taking the fun out of this!!

I do that now too. That picture was like 3 years old.

What?!?!? Where's the new one!?!?

I saw it quite a few times when it was running at DCA, never bothered at AK since I didn't think it could be all that different.

Well, I wouldn't know of course.
Did the one in DCA have the fire
breathing dragon that heated the air?
Or the part where the seats rise up
about ten feet or so?

Makes sense. We had a heck of a time finding a table.

I thought so. Not a lot of real estate in there.
One of the reasons (apart from hunger)
that I went early.

All I need to do is get caught up on shout outs and another 2-3 TRs.

I should put out another update then.
Just to keep you going.

With respect to us, that is a good question. It does slightly complicate matters.

I was afraid of that...

However, I am now waitlisted at the Grand Californian for Wed & Thurs nights, but I was able to get a room for Friday night.

I also got a Friday night a week later, and have a waitlist for the Saturday night as well.

Wait... you stay at the GF??

Huh! I just assumed you drove.

I have family in LA suburb Acadia. We have been to Disneyland once. SO MUCH FUN!!! We have been to a few other places around as well.
one place I am going to recommend- if you like burgers- is to go to Clearmans Galley. Locals call it "THE BOAT" . I had to look up the name because I always call it the boat. There's an actual boat in the front of the restaurant which used to be the kitchen. they refab'd in recent years and made the restaurant bigger. Had to let you know about it.

http://clearmansgalley.com/

Thanks for the tip!
I don't know if we'll be able to get to it
(maybe.... maybe not)
but I'm putting it on the list. :)

I'll see what Kay says.
Also on the list.
In n Out burger (I think that's it?)
Chicken and waffles
(Not my thing... but Kay might want it.)

You've heard that Inuit (eskimos as they were once called)
have many different words for different types of snow, right?
(Maybe?)
It's not true. But maybe you heard that.
Really, it's not true? I heard it before of course, but (without any kind of investigation) always believed it was true. I can understand how people would think it, since snow does take so many different forms. We often get all those different forms in one day on the east coast!

Really, it's not true? I heard it before of course, but (without any kind of investigation) always believed it was true. I can understand how people would think it, since snow does take so many different forms. We often get all those different forms in one day on the east coast!

And that's just it.
We have just as many descriptors in the English language.
Wet snow. Dry snow. Fluffy snow. Icy snow. Snow grains. Snow pellets. Etc.
That's what they do too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter