Can you take prenatal vitamins if you aren't pregnant?

What I hear is that a lot of women who take these end up getting pregnant.:duck:

When I was pregnant with twins, I had a hard time keeping stuff down. Then I had constipation issues (Iron). I found gummy prenatals without iron that I could stomach. BUT my OB/GYN even suggested that it was fine if I just got a folic acid supplement.
I have read lots of bad things about iron.
Now, I generally take a multivitamin without iron and purified fish oil (when I remember). A diet with lots of water and healthy fats will help skin, hair, and nails.

Also, your doctor can test you for certain deficiencies...vitamin D, Iron, etc., so you can decide if you need a multivitamin at all.

I also don't know if this is scientific, but my grandmother passed away from cancer. She would not go to the doctor, basically ever. She did, however, always take a bunch of vitamins. It was said at the time that the vitamins might have actually sped up her cancer. (The biggest problem was not catching it in time, though)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter