Can ya REALLY go back to WDW again??

The desire to return never seems to go away. We will be returning in June for our 14th trip. DH is as excited as a kid and he is 80 years old. Needless to say, we won't be doing the parks commando style but will do things like Sunrise Safari, Backstage Magic and tea at the GF. I am even thinking about buying annual passes again but that might be tempting fate at our age.

Each trip is magical for different reasons.

We do the same things over and over!! And we love it! We try to do at least one different thing each trip.

Two 40+ year olds,
One teenager,
One tweener,
Enjoying a terrific family vacation every visit!
Priceless!

It's not often one finds a vacation destination that crosses generational borders. How many times do you see a teenager eagerly anticipating a "family" outing or vacation. I know I used to cringe when I was 15-19 at the very thought of being seen with my parents! Ugghhh--not so in our family, our children LOVE spending time with their parents AND say they will never tire of WDW vacations. Our biggest concern--what are we gonna' do with them when they are on their own and we want to go alone! We're dreaming of the days while enjoying the memories we are making with our kids!

YES! We're a family of 5 and have been to WDW 14 times - started when our kids were 2,5,7 and our most recent trip was in July with the "kids" who are now 18, 21 and 23. Each trip was magical!

:earsboy:

Yes - again and again and again. We've averaged 3 visits a year during the past 5 years. Since we live so close we go for weekends and 5-6 day stays.

Our first visit was 19 years ago. Every visit is so magical and we've seen so many changes in the years since. Our kids are now 18 and 19 but they still love the thrill of a Disney vacation. We do different things now, but always enjoy. Our recent Christmas visit was our best to date!

Wow! Thanks for so many replies! My neighbors went last Dec. and again, this Dec., and said it was fun but very different than last year's trip. Their kids complained more, weren't interested in riding some of the bigger rides that they had ridden last year, and couldn't quite put their finger on what was different. It made me wonder if that could happen to us. My kids loved everything and still talk about it weekly, a whole year later. I guess mine were bitten by the magic we all felt! It's good to know it can get even better . We'll be planning a trip for this December, I might even make it a surprise!

BluesTravlr: I, too, am jealous of everyone's frequent trips!!

Thanks!

We never compare one trip to another, as you will always find factors that will make it different. The best way is to start with a clean slate, stay in another resort, and plan activities that you haven't experienced before, and keep the ones that were highlights. This is what we do, and after 13 trips to WDW, it is still as wonderful and special!

We went in 2000 and again this past November. I was worried about the same thing......but of course it just as magical, if not more. I would suggest doing the rides that you refused to do last time and maybe go to Universal Studios for a couple of days. Sometimes part of the magic is going on different attractions, staying at a different hotel and visiting another place (Sea World, Universal etc......) We refused to do Tower of Terror in 2000, with my kids being 2 years older in 2002.......we all did it!!! Now that was magical!!

i find it hard to compare one trip to the other because each one is special and magical in its own way. Every time we arrive at the polynesian (resort of choice) it begins a new adventure for our family. Our kids (ds-14 & dd-12) are now another year older and as just as they have changed so have the moments we share. Each one takes us to a new level and always a great time. If i could capture one thing from our first trip it would not be the smells, food or memories because we always have those; but the weather. 1993 - no rain and in the nineties every day. Remember each year brings another magical memory to look back on. That is what Tess and I look forward to each year.

Tess' husband Ron

Every trip is special and different. One trip when DS was little yelling "Hi Mickey" at every light parade float that went past. Seeing different things each time. Watching oldest DS march down Main Street USA during Magic music Days, (what a thrill), last trip, other DS (12 at the time) did not want to see or meet any of the characters, what a PITA! At that age you know, it wasn't cool, now DS will be 18 when we go back for HS graduation trip, already has said he is getting autograph book for all the characters. LOL, just can't figure them out can we! Anyway, every trip is different, just wish we were closer too so we could go more. :rolleyes: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter