Can ya REALLY go back to WDW again??

M&C'sMom

Mouseketeer
Last year, Dec. 2001, was our first family trip to WDW and I must say, it was nearly perfect! (Thanks to so much planning and advice from the DIS!) Short lines, great weather, wonderful characters everywhere. We have the most wonderful memories that I'm almost afraid to plan another trip! Of course, I desperately want to though!! Are subsequent trips ever as magical as the first? or do you just treat each trip separately? By that I mean, do you try to do different things each time or do you try to relive previous trips? I realize my kids will be 2 years older so that should make a difference, they were 4 and 7 then and still remember it all very clearly and want very much to return!

Just wondering...any thoughts??

:D

I have to say YES!!!!! My husband and I experienced our very first WDW trip ever last May. We were hooked. It was the most magical trip ever. We stayed at AKL...savannah view...animals galore...parades, fireworks, unlimited park hopper passes, "wishes" on our package allowed for four course dining each night and a massage for each at the Disney Institute.

I was fearful that we would never get that magic back. Wrong! We purchased DVC sight unseen at BCV and could hardly wait to see it. We took my mom and grandma (both first time visiters) in December and I have to say we were blown away again! The magic was different but equally as wonderful as the first visit. In fact, my husband and I (only being back 3 1/2 weeks from December trip!) are returning for a quick weekend on 1/9/03!

Go for it! You and your family will have an amazing trip and discover things you never knew existed! You will also experience some of the wonderful delights you did last trip and the memories will just come rushing!

part of the thrill of going back to WDW is the memories themselves...you try to duplicate it. Although, it will never be the same...new rides...new experiences, different characters make it fun. While some things will be the same..others will be different..try different restaurants..or different meals at the same ones. The things that remain the same are great...who doesn't love going on rock n roller coaster and feeling that rush again. I like making new memories every time I go. each trip, I mix a little old with a little new.....even taken up golf just to try the courses there!
go..have fun....i promise you will!

Our 3 trips over the last 5 years have each been different and exciting. When we first get there, everytime, I look at my family, get tears in my eyes (sap, I am) and say "I can't believe we are at Disney World". Yes, each trip can be magical.

Well, let me just say that I can speak for everyone who goes as often as possible - it's magical and special every single time for various reasons but mainly IMO because WDW is just that damn good!! :D

I haven't been NEARLY as many times as others on the DIS, but I have had my share, and I have to say - each visit just makes me want to go there MORE! It gets better every trip because you KNOW MORE SECRETS! And you know your way around, which will save you lots of time.

I still get very teary eyed as soon as I walk onto Main Street at the MK and seeing my son's face light up is worth the expense every time.

You will love it even more, I promise!

Angie

We've been to Disney 3 times in 3 years. Each time we come back saying "that was our favorite trip!" We always find something new and special to remember. Every trip is different because (as you stated) your children are older and willing to try different things, Disney changes (new rides & shows, different time of year) and your family will create new memories.

We are a family that likes repetition. We have our favorite restaurants we always visit. We have our list of favorite "must dos". But I have always (with the help of this board) found little things that we can do that are special.

My kids were exactly the same age as yours the first time we went to WDW. Then we took them 3 more times til they were teenagers and had other interests. I absolutely love to look back on our trips and see how each trip was a little different as they grew. The first trip on Space Moutain, the first time they did Space Mountain unaccompanied, the first time the little one was tall enough for BTMRR, the first time they did the "big" pool and not the kiddie pool. I just love to see how different trips to WDW differ as they grow. BTW, DS #1 graduates from college this year and his graduation trip is a "nostalgia" trip to WDW-he gets to golf for 5 days, then let Mom get "nostalgic" and do all the things from when he was little (he's glad that the character meals he went to when he was little are all gone! I'm sad!)

My 15 year old DD and I break out the dark sunglasses walking down mainstreet to hide the Aligator tears welling up in our eyes. Every Year....

Our first visit was when our daughter was eight. We too, had a magical trip. At the time, we thought it would be a one time destination. LOL! Our daughter is now 20 and we leave tomorrow for our 13th annual trek to the world. We have had a great time every year and start talking about and planning our next trip as soon as we return home! They are always adding new things, tweaking old things, so that every trip is a new experience sprinkled with memories of prior trips. We always want to experience our favorites (attractions and dining) and always seem to find something that is new or something that we missed on earlier trips.

We go every year (or more) and each trip is magical in a different way. I can honestly say that out of nearly 20 trips, only one has been less than perfect, and that's because I over-planned and wanted to stick to the schedule when everyone else declared mutiny. :teeth: Every trip since has been flexible and care free.

I'm not sure you can 'recreate the magic' of the first trip, but I do know you will find new magic each time you visit. The first trip is completely new, but subsequent trips allow you to really see the details and the wonder on your children's faces, which is where much of the magic lies.

Have a wonderful trip. :)

I'll offer my 20-year-old point of view. I've been 7 times now, my first trip at 2 years and my last being this past summer. The experience has never gotten any duller or less magical; on the contrary, I appreciate it more every time! Now I enjoy the rides just like I used to, and on top of it I'm old enough to appreciate every single detail that goes into the theming and atmosphere. It's called the happiest place on earth for a reason - everyone is always smiling :).

If you're afraid you'll get tired of doing the same things, then pick up a park guidebook from the library or something and find all the little secret spots it lists. Or, go to www.hiddenmickeys.com and get some ideas for more stuff to look for.

Get your kids started on Disney soon everyone, then they'll turn out wonderful just like me! (Just kidding... ;) )

By the way, happy new year everyone!

~CW

Each trip is always very special, We just got back 2 weeks ago and can't wait to go again. The first time I walk under the train station onto main street at The Magic Kingdom I get goose bumbs from seeing and being there again. We have been to WDW many times and every time is special.

we got engaged on out last trip this past November, and I have to admit I share your concerns! However, like others have said, each trip has had it's own excitements and joys, be they new or familiar. We're going again next month and i can't wait, and then we're also planning for another trip in September and I'm sure I'll be just as anxious to go as I am now.

I always get super excited when we first get on Disney property and see the Walt Disney World welcome sign, and I always get a little bummed when we see the "see you real soon" sign when we go...

Our first trip was wonderful! But, the second was more relaxed and we did lots more because we knew all the tricks!

DH and I have been there 5 times in the last 7 years. 1997 was our first trip together anywhere, 1999 our Honeymoon, 2000 1st anniv trip, 2001 we took my mom for her first trip to WDW, 2002 needed a Mickey Ear Ice Cream Bar fix! and going again in 20 days!!!!
Each time was special in it's own way. But I must say that the BEST time was taking my 69 yr old mother on her first plane ride and WDW. It still brings tears to my eyes and warms my heart just thinking about walking down Main Street and seeing her reaction to it all. Seeing the world through her eyes was quite an experiance, and one that we'll never forget!!
So yes go again and often!!

Shelby5514:Pinkbounc

We've been 5 times since 1996. Our first trip we only had the one dd and it was right before her 2nd bday. Went back when she was 3 1/2 and almost 6. Then both kids when they were almost 8 and right before 3rd bday and then this last trip last month at 8 1/2 and 3 1/2. They were special for different reasons. Of course the first trip as special. By the 2nd trip, though, I had a little more Disney knowledge and did things a little differently. There have been different "celebrations" each time we've gone too (25th Anniversary, Millennium Celebration, etc.) So we've seen different parades and such each time (even caught the Main Street Electrical Parade once). We try to do different character meals or restaurants and such each trip. We usually managed to see at least a character or two we hadn't seen before.

One of the nicest things I every heard my DH say was "You can never be to old for Disney World". We're returning next month for our 5th trip with our DD's 16 & 20. Not only do we think it's a magical place, but it's a place where we can go and put our busy every-day schedules on hold, and enjoy, literally, a different world! ~:D~

My first trip in '99 was with my 70 y/o mother who had just had breast cancer surgery, my 5 y/o (turned 6 on-site!) and myself, 50. It was indeed magical and nothing will ever compare to that trip. Just the ladies, thanking God that my mother was still with us, etc. Then, in '01 we went with another family...2 dads, 60 and 42, 2 moms, 52 and 42 and 2 dd's, both 8. That trip was memorable for many reasons, some good, some bad. I thought it would be my dh's first and last trip. He really didin't want to go in the first place. He just didn't get the Disney mentality! Anyway...sitting there on Main St., on our last night, watching Spectro, he says..."Let's come again, just our family." Knock me over with a feather!!! So, we are planning our Aug trip and it looks to be the most magical of all! Can't wait to make more memories with just my own family. I could go every year and it would still be magical. And I'm sure all the kids would agree!! So....GO, HAVE FUN!!!! Sprinklin' some pixie-dust your way***********!!!:wave: :earsgirl: :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter