Can we do this?

Pedler said:
I think many of the creative uses of the dinning plan probably do result in lost revenues for Disney.
I've said many times that that really just doesn't matter. It isn't the guest's responsibility to be worried about Disney's revenues. The guest's responsibility is know what they're buying, and then use it in accordance with its terms and conditions.

I don't have a problem with people breaking the rules as long as they don't present it to others as something other than breaking the rules.
I understand what you're saying, and I agree that people who violate the rules acknowledging what they're doing is wrong is better than them not acknowledging that, but there is still a ways to go from there, to where they not only acknowledge that it is wrong, but also stop doing it.

bicker said:
I've said many times that that really just doesn't matter. It isn't the guest's responsibility to be worried about Disney's revenues. The guest's responsibility is know what they're buying, and then use it in accordance with its terms and conditions.

I understand what you're saying, and I agree that people who violate the rules acknowledging what they're doing is wrong is better than them not acknowledging that, but there is still a ways to go from there, to where they not only acknowledge that it is wrong, but also stop doing it.

I'm curious. Do you never go over the speed limit? Do you never break any rules at all?

Per DIS board rules, take personal messages to PM. (Sent you a PM.)

frayedend said:
I'm curious. Do you never go over the speed limit? Do you never break any rules at all?

NO, Bicker is the one in the left lane doing 55MPH.

This is a joke, I don't know how Bicker drives.

The difference is if I get a speeding ticket my defense won't be "my friends on DIS" said it was OK. Some posters are trying to get permissin from us to break rules.

Lewisc said:

The difference is if I get a speeding ticket my defense won't be "my friends on DIS" said it was OK. Some posters are trying to get permissin from us to break rules.

I don't think anyone really expects permission from here. Just clarification for some and whether or not you can get away with it from others. Oh well, it will probably be a subject for a long time until they do separate the credits.

And Bicker, sorry I didn't know about that rule. I replied to your PM.
edit to say... oh no, I bet I'm in trouble now because I clicked that I read the rules but didn't really read them when I registered. ;)

Lewisc said:

However, you know me well-enough to know that I would respect the rules printed in the MA Drivers Manual, which says very clearly:
Stay to the right and only use the left lane for passing. If you are traveling on an expressway with three or more lanes in your direction, treat the far right lane as a slowerspeed through lane, the middle lane as a faster through lane, and the far left lane as the passing lane.
I think our roads would be so much safer if more drivers considered the impact of their driving on everyone else, rather than focusing only on what would serve their own interests best.

I apologize, it wasn't a good joke. I can't picture you driving in an unsafe manner.

Not sure what you did but the portion of your post I bolded below doesn't show up in your original post but does when I quote your post.

Either I'm going blind or you fixed it while I was composing this post.

bicker said:
However, you know me well-enough to know that I would respect the rules printed in the MA Drivers Manual, which says very clearly: I think our roads would be so much safer if more drivers considered the impact of their driving on everyone else, rather than focusing only on what would serve their own interests best.

Strange... I see that sentence in my message.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter