• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can non-rider hang out in child-swap area?

My2CrazyGirls

DIS Veteran
Hi! I searched but didn't quite find the answer. There are 4 of us, 3 will ride Velocicoaster and Hagrids but one teen won't. Will she be able to come through the line with us and wait with the bag in a child swap area....assuming there is a child swap area for these rides?

Yes. We have swapped and had multiple kids in the rider swap area - some tall enough to ride - and they have never said anything. Sometimes it can get a little crowded, though, depending on the ride and day and time.

We've done it and had no issue. On one trip, our oldest daughter didn't want to ride FJ. We all got in line with our bags and told the TMs she wasn't riding. When we got to the point where child swap branched off, we told the TM there, gave our daughter all of the bags, and she went and waited. No issue.

On our trip last Christmas, one of our daughters was pregnant (she's having the baby today! Just waiting on the call) so she went to child swap and waited for each ride.

The only thing is, if the 'waiter' is carrying a bag, be prepared to explain to about 6 different people that they aren't riding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter