Can I buy a package for 2 and add 2 others with room tickets that are staying a few days?

Suzanne74

DIS Veteran
My youngest daughter and myself will be staying at CBR for 7 nights. My husband is staying 5 nights and my other daughter is coming for 2 nights (after being with her sports team.) I was hoping my one daughter and I could do the package with the DDP since we will be doing a lot of character meals when it is just us two and staying the entire time. Then the other two can just get hopper passes and get their bands linked to our room when they arrive. But I have a feeling I can not do this, correct?

Everyone booked in the same room must have the same DDP or package. You won't even be able to do you at 7 days and your husband at 5.

My youngest daughter and myself will be staying at CBR for 7 nights. My husband is staying 5 nights and my other daughter is coming for 2 nights (after being with her sports team.) I was hoping my one daughter and I could do the package with the DDP since we will be doing a lot of character meals when it is just us two and staying the entire time. Then the other two can just get hopper passes and get their bands linked to our room when they arrive. But I have a feeling I can not do this, correct?
Correct. If you have a package, everyone on the reservation must have the same. You could just put the cost of your meals (what you might have spent on the dining plan) on a gift card and use that to pay for your character meals.

Everyone booked in the same room must have the same DDP or package. You won't even be able to do you at 7 days and your husband at 5.
It used to be that you could add people to the room at check in and they wouldn't have to be on the same dining/tickets package. Did that change recently...?

You can do this. Book the package for yourself and your one daughter. Buy separate tickets for your husband and other daughter (link those tickets to your MDE). When your husband and other daughter arrive at the resort, simply go to the front desk and add them to the reservation. If you end up with more than 2 guests over the age of 18 in the room on any given night, you will have to pay an extra adult fee (at mods, it's $15 per extra adult, per night, plus tax). The only downside is your husband and other daughter won't have access to Magical Express until they are on the reservation. If neither are arriving with you, you can always add them on your first day and then call Magical Express and add them then. Then they can access it when they arrive. Or they could just take a cab from the airport.

It used to be that you could add people to the room at check in and they wouldn't have to be on the same dining/tickets package. Did that change recently...?
You can, but she wants different ticket lengths for her and her husband, and the DDP addition complicates it.the tickets alone wouldn't be an issue, as she can add to hers after arrival. The DDP is the problem.

@IrishNYC - based on the first post, it looks like she just wants the DDP for herself and her youngest not the two others. Her husband and older daughter should be able to buy separate tickets and get tacked onto the room, no?

You can, but she wants different ticket lengths for her and her husband, and the DDP addition complicates it.the tickets alone wouldn't be an issue, as she can add to hers after arrival. The DDP is the problem.

The way I'm reading it the OP wants just herself and her one daughter on the DDP. She can add her husband and other daughter when they arrive. Those two just won't have the DDP and won't be able to use the ME. This is all assuming WDW hasn't changed their policy allowing people to be added at check-in and not requiring they have the same tickets and DDP.

@IrishNYC - based on the first post, it looks like she just wants the DDP for herself and her youngest not the two others. Her husband and older daughter should be able to buy separate tickets and get tacked onto the room, no?

Yes, I was planning on doing that. DDP would only be myself and my 7yr old. We haven't used it in years but we plan on going to places that I think would be worth it for one adult/one child. Plus I was planning on saving many snack options for the Flower/Garden festival. On a normal trip with all 4 of us, the DDP is not worth it.

My husband is flying in alone on a Friday night and could easily uber/taxi to the resort and it would probably be a lot quicker and more his speed after working all day. I am bringing his bag since we are flying SW and he is not. My daughter is taking ME in with her team, will be staying at the same resort too, so I won't even add her until the last 3 days when the team leaves and we stay a little longer.

So if I can do this, would I still be able to get FP for everyone? Do the package under MDE and then add a 5 day and 2 day passes. I have never linked passes before thru DME. 7 days of FP for myself and daughter, 5 days of FP for my husband, and 2 days at the end for my other daughter. I want to be able to get all 4 of us FP those last few days together.

FP+ for your DH and second DD will be subject to availability at 30 days out, if they already have tickets linked to them. If you haven't bought their tickets yet than they won't be able to get any.
Everyone on the resort reservation in advance, can make FP+ at 60 days in advance.

You can do this but you would have to really consider the logistics.

You can book a package for your dd and yourself for the length you need and then add other guests after you have checked in and received your entitlements. Your husband and dd can get tickets from Disney or a reputable discount seller (we use undercover tourist) but like pp's mentioned they can't make their FP until 30 days out. Your dh and dd will also not be able to customize magic bands if you add them after check in.

Depending on your time frame I would cost out the difference between a room only with a discount (there are some good ones out now) and discount tickets. You may save enough to make up for the difference in the dining plan and then just have everyone on the reservation from day 1 in order to book FP+. If anyone will be returning within a year maybe look into an AP for room discounts and meal discounts, again depending on when your visiting the AP discount is 20% now for merch and food !

Thank you everyone. I went ahead and just did a room reservation and passes thru UT. I was able to get the "Gift of Magic" room only sale on the CBR preferred room (which is what I wanted) and we were planning on 7 day hoppers for 2 of us and UT had a great 4 day hopper + 3 days free which saved us a few hundred dollars when I purchased 3 tix thru the mousesavers link. The 2 day pass for my daughter (that price is hard to swallow!) was actually cheaper on Disney so I ordered it there. I already linked up all 4 tix up to my room reservation with everyone's name on it. Nothing to stress about at this point and I can be sure we get the FP+60 we wanted those 2 last days when all 4 of us are together, which is really the most important to me.

Appreciate all the help. Even when you aren't a newbie, a different situation can make you feel like one sometimes. :(

Sounds like you got your plan hammered out, but I do want you to know that you could have swung it. I recently traveled solo and had a package with dining. A few days into my trip, my sister joined me. We just went to the front desk when she arrived and told them that she was a surprise. They added her to my room. Her band worked on the door, which truthfully the only reason I even told them she was there.

Sounds like you got your plan hammered out, but I do want you to know that you could have swung it. I recently traveled solo and had a package with dining. A few days into my trip, my sister joined me. We just went to the front desk when she arrived and told them that she was a surprise. They added her to my room. Her band worked on the door, which truthfully the only reason I even told them she was there.

But I would not have been able to get FP for all of us 60 days prior and that was important to me since we only have 2 days together. And I think I would have tried to get my husband to the resort without ME and then linking both of them to the room on separate days means we would have had to wait for them too - just lessens the stress. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter