Can I buy a meal plan at the hotel?

dan40

Mouseketeer
Hi, I'm thinking of staying at the Caribbean Beach from April 30 to May 6, and want to know if when I arrive at the hotel, if I can purchase the basic meal plan without having to purchase Magic Your Way tickes and hotel package.

Thanks!
Dan

Hi, I'm thinking of staying at the Caribbean Beach from April 30 to May 6, and want to know if when I arrive at the hotel, if I can purchase the basic meal plan without having to purchase Magic Your Way tickes and hotel package.

Thanks!
Dan

Dining Plans have to be purchased 3 days before check in.

Without a Disney hotel reservation?

Yes, I was hoping that I could purchase my hotel stay at Caribbean Beach without a meal plan on another travel site with a really good price, and purchase my meal plan on the Disney site which I have not seen an option for... or would I have to call Disney?

Yes, I was hoping that I could purchase my hotel stay at Caribbean Beach without a meal plan on another travel site with a really good price, and purchase my meal plan elsewhere either on the Disney site, which I have not seen an option for, but I would like to purchase a meal plan for the duration of my stay, or would I have to call Disney?

In order to purchase a Dining Plan you would have to either book a ticketless package (room and Dining Plan) or a package )room, tickets, Dining Plan) directly from Disney. And in both cases the Dining Plan has to be purchases 3 days before your check in date. If you get your room from a 3rd party, no Dining Plan.

Ok, that explains that. I wonder if I could survive purchasing my meals whenever I get hungry instead of having a meal plan and eating when I'm not hungry to use it all up? That was a rhetorical question, you don't have to reply if you don't think it's necessary, I have the answer I was looking for.

Thanks a lot guys.

PS: Thanks for the fast (and I do mean fast) replies!

Ok, that explains that. I wonder if I could survive purchasing my meals whenever I get hungry instead of having a meal plan and eating when I'm not hungry to use it all up? That was a rhetorical question, you don't have to reply if you don't think it's necessary, I have the answer I was looking for.

Thanks a lot guys.

This may be useful to you in deciding for next time about a dining plan: http://www.disneytouristblog.com/disney-dining-plan/

It'll only be me traveling, my family can't go. :(

I think i could save a little $ if it were just me eating.. but everyone is a little different. I know that when i am paying directly, i tend to eat/order less.. water, no desert, etc. My family of 5 didn't have the DDP this last trip and although we spent a considerable amount on food.. we still ended up spending less than what we would have spent on the DDP (the middle package that includes one TS per day, one CS and one snack)... the lowest tier package might have been a push but then we would have spent out of pocket for some TS that my wife can't live without...

If you rent points and stay at a DVC resort you can buy the Dining plan without a ticket.

I think i could save a little $ if it were just me eating.. but everyone is a little different. I know that when i am paying directly, i tend to eat/order less.. water, no desert, etc. My family of 5 didn't have the DDP this last trip and although we spent a considerable amount on food.. we still ended up spending less than what we would have spent on the DDP (the middle package that includes one TS per day, one CS and one snack)... the lowest tier package might have been a push but then we would have spent out of pocket for some TS that my wife can't live without...

I think the QS package might work, but when I'm travelling solo I like the flexibility to eat where I want when I want. I know not everyone is this way, but I would suggest OP think about how they plan on touring as a solo traveller. Doing standard dining will basically require having TS reservations (again there are some exceptions if one is truly flexible and depending on the time of year).

If think if you're going alone, pay as you go would be the best option, eat when you're hungry! Then you don't have to worry about tracking credits spent and such. There's lots of table service restaurants that have lounges, especially in the deluxe resorts. The disney website has a huge list of all the restaurants with menus and prices. If you haven't checked that out it would be a good way to guess how much you might spend. You can easily charge the amount to your room or use a disney gift card/credit card to pay it off.

Thanks a lot guys.

:welcome: to the DIS.

I thought I knew what you were asking, but wanted to clarify what you were asking, and let it sit knowing @dansdad would be right back to give you the right answer, explained well.

And I'll answer, no the DDP is not worth the hassle ESPECIALLY if you are solo. I would go with total freedom of eating what I felt like, when I felt like it. I love the freedom to just graze & nibble, or whatever, whenever. Hard to do that with others.

Last edited:
Very nice and informative responses, everyone. Thank you. I now have made a decision that if I book for May, I likely won't get a meal plan. I've made a note of the links above and will give them some thorough reading in the next little while.

Cheers, and have a magical day! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter