• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can I bring my own coffee maker to an all star resort?

I'm a tea drinker and there is never a kettle provided so I bring my own even when staying moderate or deluxe where coffee makers are provided. I understand the point of not using electrical appliances where not provided, but considering they are provided in moderate, deluxe and now renovated value rooms it seems kind of silly,
Maybe the refurb has made the location the coffee makers are placed safer (like more fire resistant counters?) Or maybe the coffee maker models they are using have adequte safety features (like auto turn off?)

Maybe the refurb has made the location the coffee makers are placed safer (like more fire resistant counters?) Or maybe the coffee maker models they are using have adequte safety features (like auto turn off?)
The best way for Disney to get people to use the equipment of their choice is to provide it. I understand what you're saying but I haven't stayed in a hotel room without a coffee maker in years!

The best way for Disney to get people to use the equipment of their choice is to provide it. I understand what you're saying but I haven't stayed in a hotel room without a coffee maker in years!
Nor have I, well, except for in cruise ship cabins & that’s an entirely different kettle of fish.

I'm a tea drinker and there is never a kettle provided so I bring my own even when staying moderate or deluxe where coffee makers are provided. I understand the point of not using electrical appliances where not provided, but considering they are provided in moderate, deluxe and now renovated value rooms it seems kind of silly,

I took my electric tea kettle on our recent trip in April and left it right next to the coffee maker. I always unplugged it before leaving the room.

Why................cannot see for the life of me dragging a coffee maker on vacation........:confused:

Whats next a George Foreman grill, Emeril Lagasse's Power AirFryer.........I am 1000% sure there is much, much better coffee then Mr Coffee.....

Why................cannot see for the life of me dragging a coffee maker on vacation........:confused:

Whats next a George Foreman grill, Emeril Lagasse's Power AirFryer.........I am 1000% sure there is much, much better coffee then Mr Coffee.....
Hey, on two different occasions i have seem folks bring portable air conditioners to their room. Lol
So, i guess whatever makes one sleep better or happier in the morning with coffee. Its their thing..as they say.

Well... I am one who took an electric tea kettle, which is around the same size as a coffee maker. I also took my French press. And the WHY is because I like good coffee every morning.

Folks bring all sorts of things...If they aint bothering me...I couldnt care less. We are just there doing our vacation our way....and hopefully everyone else is too. I dont get in others lane. We just always have a great time at Disney

Through the years I’ve seen posts from people wanting to haul along rice cookers, waffle makers, toasters, etc.! I assume they are driving behemoth SUVs rather than flying and thus can pack everything but the kitchen sink.
For me travel is supposed to be different from home, so if I find myself without coffee in my room/cabin that means I get a pleasant walk in the morning in search of my a.m. caffeine fix. One of my favorite travel memories was years ago, first morning in Venice, totally jet lagged, wandering along the narrow ways finding a seat outside on a canal and tasting my first Italian espresso while watching Venice slowly come to life.

Through the years I’ve seen posts from people wanting to haul along rice cookers, waffle makers, toasters, etc.! I assume they are driving behemoth SUVs rather than flying and thus can pack everything but the kitchen sink.
For me travel is supposed to be different from home, so if I find myself without coffee in my room/cabin that means I get a pleasant walk in the morning in search of my a.m. caffeine fix. One of my favorite travel memories was years ago, first morning in Venice, totally jet lagged, wandering along the narrow ways finding a seat outside on a canal and tasting my first Italian espresso while watching Venice slowly come to life.

Now thats is awesome, I hear ya, for me it was while in France in 2016, 7AM just walking the streets looking for a place to grab a bite before starting the days adventure, found a awesome little cafe shop that made there own croissants and put a dab of chocolate in the coffee, was so good made it a daily trip! I guess it has to be the ones driving in as there is barely enough room in a suitcase for clothes, one can drag whatever they please, I was just wondering why some go to this length when there are plenty of places that serve 1000% better coffee....More power to them......

I totally understand that. Sometimes, especially at Disney where the coffee both in the room and at the food courts is mediocre at best, the luxury is making my own coffee that actually tastes good. If good coffee could be found within walking distance of any Disney resort, I'd be up for that option.

I am reluctant to even mention this but I have seen threads here (and posts to Disney Moms Panel) asking if guests can bring their Instant Pot/ Crock Pot, and NOT for their DVC villa.

In fairness, that's not an electrical appliance.

No, of course it's not. But I needed the electric kettle to heat the water for the French press. My point was that I Brought my own form of a coffee maker instead of drinking Disney's coffee.

I drink a lot of coffee. In fact, my whole family does, so I would rather bring my pot instead of spending a fortune on coffee. Plus I prefer to have my coffee as soon as I get up and not have to walk a long distance to get it.

I drink a lot of coffee. In fact, my whole family does, so I would rather bring my pot instead of spending a fortune on coffee. Plus I prefer to have my coffee as soon as I get up and not have to walk a long distance to get it.
Exactly what the wife says...No rule, person or law will keep her from bring her keurig and making her morning joe! Darn I love freedom!!

Exactly what the wife says...No rule, person or law will keep her from bring her keurig and making her morning joe! Darn I love freedom!!
Ditto....Mini Keurig, will travel. I already have it packed for our upcoming trip. When they finish the refurb. at AKL I will leave it at home.

My husband and I always get a cheap mr. coffee pot (now I can have it delivered with my Walmart order). We save tons of money by using our own pot/coffee and its better coffee. We've never been told its not allowed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter