Can I add dining plan?

meggybear17

Mouseketeer
I'm getting conflicting information in my searches. I have a room only reservation booked. I bought park tix from an outside vendor and they are linked in MDE. Can I purchase the dining plan? I am not a dvc or annual
Pass holder.

I'm getting conflicting information in my searches. I have a room only reservation booked. I bought park tix from an outside vendor and they are linked in MDE. Can I purchase the dining plan? I am not a dvc or annual
Pass holder.

You CAN add the DDP, but it will change your room only to a package and all package rules will then apply. You have to call to add; it cannot be added online. And you need to do it 72 hrs before arrival.

You CAN add the DDP, but it will change your room only to a package and all package rules will then apply. You have to call to add; it cannot be added online. And you need to do it 72 hrs before arrival.

Will this affect the room only discount I have now? Or am I going to have to totally rebook my room?

And as non-AP, non-DVC, your reservation has to be 2 or more nights to convert to a ticketless package with dining plan.

Do you have to have park tickets to add the dining plan?

I see that you've already added it, but I did want to add this disclaimer to any who read this thread later who may not know.

No, you do not have to have park tickets to add the dining plan to a room only reservation. As stated above, it does become a "ticketless" package, and all package rules apply. And, as you found out, you are able to retain your room-only discount.

That said, you DO have to have tickets to dine in restaurants inside the theme parks. It gets asked here more often than one would think.

I see that you've already added it, but I did want to add this disclaimer to any who read this thread later who may not know.

No, you do not have to have park tickets to add the dining plan to a room only reservation. As stated above, it does become a "ticketless" package, and all package rules apply. And, as you found out, you are able to retain your room-only discount.

That said, you DO have to have tickets to dine in restaurants inside the theme parks. It gets asked here more often than one would think.
I'll bet...we do have tickets. The issue we are having is Coronado springs isn't available for 2 of our dates for my parents, so for now we booked them those 2 nights at POR. They wanted to have the dining plan, so now they have the dining plan on both reservations and the tickets are on one reservation. Thanks for all of the advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter