Calling all Disney dorks "What's a must have item when departing WDW?"

Among our favorites are the items you can have around the house and use often. Kitchen stuff, pens. other household things, etc. I love the coffee mugs, but I am the only mug user in the house and I have 4-5 Disney mugs already. Kinda hard to justify bringing more home(plus the cabinets are FULL!):earsboy:

I like to save one bottle of the shampoo & conditioner and a soap from my WDW hotel. It's so awesome to shower at home and smell like WDW. I love that smell. I also like to have a mickey crispie treat to eat on the plane. I guess I'm a cheap tourist. I think my next trip I should splurge for the D&B bag:rotfl:

This trip definitely Dooney! Last trip I bought my Ray Ban sunglasses at the Polynesian hotel gift shop and within 2 days they fell off my face and broke at Beaches & Cream, I literally cried- I went back to the Polynesian gift shop to see if Ray Ban covers clumsy, stupid people and the gift shop attendant saw how distraught I was and replaced them with the very last pair in stock for free, they were so wonderful! Wonderful Disney memory!:wizard:

Christmas ornament. So special to take them out once a year and thin about the memories associated with them. :)

We have a Mickey clock hanging in our kitchen. Micky is wearing a chef outfit and holding a steaming tray. I believe we got it in the store at the CR.

Must haves every trip:

photo album for the current year
photo frame forfamily Photopass pic
and Mickey ear rice krispy treats or character pretzels (love to pack them in my daughter's lunch to remind her of the "magic" after our return!

I ALWAYS come home with:

Pins and more Pins:thumbsup2
A new Key Chain
more Antenaa Toppers. love them!!
another Christmas ornament

and various other stu:lovestrucff

I always get a Christmas ornament and something fun for the kitchen. My kids love the mickey head cookie cutter and ice cube tray. I always get the kids a new T-shirt too. A camera full of pictures is my favorite souvenier though!

We also always get a Christmas ornament each time we go to WDW.
The Chistmas shop in WDW is wonderful - plus they can personalize the ornament too ! :goodvibes
Such nice memories of our WDW each Christmas as we hang the WDW ornaments.

I always get a new set of mouse ears. My first trip to WDW was at the age of 30. I had cousins that went when they were small and I loved to got play at their house, and wear their ears! I love being able to buy a new set every visit!:yay:

We always get a Christmas ornament (or2:thumbsup2) that holds true for any trip we take not just Disney. Also a photo frame for a family picture, something with the year on it.
Laurie

I will also save a napkin from lunch to put in scrapbook, also a nice rock, for some reason I collect rocks for flower areas around my house everywhere I go. :wizard: Im weird , I know.

Oh my gosh--I've saved napkins, too! Thought I was being silly, but they make me smile...

We have never been, but I plan on coming back with a photo album to put images from our trip inside and a photo frame with the year.

I also do Christmas ornaments, at some point I will have a Disney tree!:thumbsup2

my mom has enough ornaments for a disney tree, just no tree to separate it out on :rotfl2: its great to look at all our ornaments and relive trips (plus the ones my parents took pre- my birth lol).

as for other must-haves, my family is a bit odd in that. my dad literally buys just a hat on each trip (he says he just likes seeing us buy things, but the last trip he bought a collection of disney park DVDs, which is by far our favorite weekend viewing lol). mom usually buys a few new pins for school (she's an elementary teacher and a kid at heart), a shirt or two, and kitchen stuff, like an apron, utensils, and she used to have some glasses but she can't find new ones that she really likes (after 5 trips of shopping :sad2:.....maybe this year will be our year). as for me, i buy a shirt or two, some fun trinkets, a postcard to send my grandma, and something for my dorm room. i have so many cute things that my friends love, not to mention disney dishes :)

and we like to save napkins too. having them at home makes the magic last just a little longer once we're back

I will also save a napkin from lunch to put in scrapbook, also a nice rock, for some reason I collect rocks for flower areas around my house everywhere I go. :wizard: Im weird , I know.

I don't think that is weird at all. I think it is very sweet and a unique idea. I might just swipe the rock idea from you, if you don't mind. :flower3:

Oh my gosh--I've saved napkins, too! Thought I was being silly, but they make me smile...

Makes me smile also! I also save all my extra shampoo and solar relief gel and lotion I'm given during my stay! My last trip I bought mickey mouse icetrays, so he's also in my drinks. I also got an imprint mickey head for my toast, anyone else? I really dont use it, but I like looking at it in my silverware drawer.:wizard:

Last year, my daughter and I bought tiara's, mine was a cheap little one, my daughters on the other hand was a nice large, pricey one. It was fun, we wore them the whole trip!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter