Calling all Disney dorks "What's a must have item when departing WDW?"

my mom has enough ornaments for a disney tree, just no tree to separate it out on :rotfl2: its great to look at all our ornaments and relive trips (plus the ones my parents took pre- my birth lol).
and we like to save napkins too. having them at home makes the magic last just a little longer once we're back

Having the WDW ornaments and kitchen utinsels at home makes me feel like Disney is with me all year round! :woohoo:

I don't think that is weird at all. I think it is very sweet and a unique idea. I might just swipe the rock idea from you, if you don't mind. :flower3:

THX!:goodvibes I write the year on the rock and location I found it like POLY or CSR! I collect rocks every trip I take, not just Disney.

I always leave with a sweatshirt, I also like getting ball caps. Another must have is antenea toppers. But the best souveniers for us are photos! In addition to our photopass photos, we'll splurge on the photos from the dining experiences and the rides if they're good! Everything else never means as much as the photos!

Antenna toppers.

I will have to look into the D&B items and the mickey rice krispy treats.

Antenna toppers.

I will have to look into the D&B items and the mickey rice krispy treats.

I usually buy antenna toppers, but last time I bought one I tried to put it on my car, I quickly realized I didn't have one on my car, it was built in my vehicle----DUH, then gave it to my parents!

My DH likes to pick out a new glass and get the beach towel out for the current year. I like to bring home the cups they put in our resort room. I kind of stock up on them so that I can use them every now and then at home. Just puts a little magic into my day while I wait to return to the World!!!pixiedust:

We try to bring home one really nice thing, sometimes a beer stein from Germany or those beautiful Mickey swarovski statues. Always bring home new pins too-mostly traded!

DH- a new goofy coffee cup

Me- something I can't afford from the World Showcase!

DS- 200 dollars worth of crap he doesn't need. His Grandpa gives him 200 each trip and he can have whatever he wants with it.

DH- a new goofy coffee cup

Me- something I can't afford from the World Showcase!

DS- 200 dollars worth of crap he doesn't need. His Grandpa gives him 200 each trip and he can have whatever he wants with it.

Nice Grandpa!;)

I like to get the Disney gifts they offer if you spend over certain amount, last year, awesome beach towels and lugguge and this year Mickey backpack.:thumbsup2 Any reason to give them more of my money!

Last year we brought home a woven throw blanket(Loved this one!) and a picture frame with the year, magnets, Pins and more stuff my DD didnt need(grandma gave them some money and said shhhh dont tell pop pop ) and an ornament for our tree:)

I love to bring home the popcorn buckets from the parks. I ALWAYS have to get a bucket...and im pretty sure they sprinkle crack on that stuff!!!! It is SOOOO good. While we are there we throw all of our loose change for the day in it. At the end of our trip we roll it and sell it to the front desk and it usually ends up being $20 or so and we always leave it for mousekeeping :D But the bucket comes home and kinda still works the same way. we throw our change in it and when DH isnt looking our at home mousekeeping takes it (ME!)

We always get a family ornament with the year on it, which we do wherever we go on a family vacation. Then we let the kids pick out two ornaments each. We do help them choose one that will fit their name & the year on it nicely & have the store personalize it for them. When decorating the tree, their faces light up when they hang up their own ornaments & they start saying remember when... when are we going again... etc.

I love to bring home the popcorn buckets from the parks. I ALWAYS have to get a bucket...and im pretty sure they sprinkle crack on that stuff!!!! It is SOOOO good. While we are there we throw all of our loose change for the day in it. At the end of our trip we roll it and sell it to the front desk and it usually ends up being $20 or so and we always leave it for mousekeeping :D But the bucket comes home and kinda still works the same way. we throw our change in it and when DH isnt looking our at home mousekeeping takes it (ME!)

HAHAHAHA,:rotfl: Thats wonderful, a great story, especially when DH isn't looking! shhh, your secret is safe with me......:lmao:

We always get a family ornament with the year on it, which we do wherever we go on a family vacation. Then we let the kids pick out two ornaments each. We do help them choose one that will fit their name & the year on it nicely & have the store personalize it for them. When decorating the tree, their faces light up when they hang up their own ornaments & they start saying remember when... when are we going again... etc.

Nice tradition, very special, similar to mine!;)

Last year we brought home a woven throw blanket(Loved this one!) and a picture frame with the year, magnets, Pins and more stuff my DD didnt need(grandma gave them some money and said shhhh dont tell pop pop ) and an ornament for our tree:)

ooh, sounds nice, thx,next trip for me (woven blanket):thumbsup2!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter