California Adventure EMH what is your game plan?

cinnaminny

DIS Veteran
If you're staying on site and getting up early to get in DCA for EMH where do you go first? I've read so many blogs lately on this subject, I don't know what to do. I wanted to ride Radiator Springs Racers but many of them say to get a maxpass/fastpass for it instead of going there first.

I am all about making the most out of this hour.

For me I always head straight to RSR. I mean some times it isn't up right away but that is true of any EMH. Then I usually head over to Pixar Pier while pulling a fast pass for Guardians. The other plan I have followed is to head to Pixar pier first and pull a FP for RSR but I am not a fan of TSMM which is why I generally don't head there first.

Following. I’ve been wondering about this, too, since we’ll do our first CA EE in September. It all looks very open, when I’ve been watching the app on EE days. Just wondering how to maximize.

I'm curious about this, too. I was planning on following the recommendations on Disneyland Daily, but I had read somewhere that Soarin isn't always up and running right away, and sometimes ppl waste a lot of their morning waiting for it to start. So we may skip to the next step in their plans. But if someone has a better idea, I'd love to know it, too!

Depends on your current fave. DS right now is NUTS about Incredicoaster. We head straight for the Pier and walk on the coaster four times, jump on TSMM a couple times, DD is in love with Whirlwind of Emotions so do that a couple of times...meanwhile pulling FP for RSR, GOTG, etc.

We basically try to finish the Pier during EMH. It gets crowded and HOT there first, IMO. So knocking those things out and returning in the cooler evening hours is more enjoyable for us.

That said, our friends who just visited chose to ride RSR three times in a row before heading to the Pier! So all options can work. Just a matter of what’s most important to you!😁

I like to do RSR, then head to TSMM, and pull a FP for RSR, ride it a second time, then pull a FP for GoTG. This is more walking than it used to be, but we still do it. We have one person not tall enough for Incredicoaster, otherwise we might do that before heading back to RSR again. Then when the park opens an everyone is running for those rides we do Monsters Inc and Little Mermaid, usually pulling another FP for TSMM or RSR, then GoTG again before we head over to DL for a few hours. Maybe do Soarin if the lines not long.

We did have a morning last year where my five year old wanted to ride GoTG first and then we did it three times in a row, I pulled a FP for RSR. That was a pretty awesome way to start the day!

Depends on your current fave. DS right now is NUTS about Incredicoaster. We head straight for the Pier and walk on the coaster four times, jump on TSMM a couple times, DD is in love with Whirlwind of Emotions so do that a couple of times...meanwhile pulling FP for RSR, GOTG, etc.

We basically try to finish the Pier during EMH. It gets crowded and HOT there first, IMO. So knocking those things out and returning in the cooler evening hours is more enjoyable for us.

That said, our friends who just visited chose to ride RSR three times in a row before heading to the Pier! So all options can work. Just a matter of what’s most important to you!😁

I read that your post to my dh and he likes your strategy.

So should I try to start my fast passes around 11? Or is that a waste? I know that these parks get busier later in the day

Can you Single Rider? If so the last couple trips I’ve walked onto RSR SR during EMH multiple times. Incredicoaster also has SR.

Show up to the Main Entrance 15 minutes before EMH starts. If you are staying at the Grand California DO NOT use the Hotel Entrance.

Then ride the attractions in this order
7am - 8am Head to Cars Land and ride Radiator Springs Racers first. If you have MaxPass use it to get a FP for Toy Story Midway Mania.
Then ride Luigi's Rollicking Roadsters, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, and finally Monsters Inc.

Now the park should be open...
8am- 9am: Head to Pixar Pier and ride Pixar Pal Around
Second FP you get should be for Incredicoaster.
Then ride Emotional Whirlwind, Goofy's Sky School, Jumping Jellyfish, and then head to Toy Story Midway Mania and use the FP.

9am-1030am While in line for TSMM get FP for 2nd ride on Radiator Springs Racers, then ride Jessie's Carousel, then use FP for Incredicoaster, ride Symphony Swings, and Golden Zephyr.

1030am-1130am: Next FP you get is for Guardians of the Galaxy (this way you do Guardians before lunch), ride the Little Mermaid Adventure, Grizzly River Run (won't need FP if your are there before 11am, however, if you do need a FP get it after the Soarin FP), use FP Guardians of the Galaxy

1130am: Lunch and Next FP is for Soarin.

1230pm-130pm: Use FP for 2nd Radiator Springs Racers ride, use FP for Soarin.

done

ME

Last edited:
I’m thinking that I’ll go straight to RSR and SR, and book a MaxPass for GOTG. Then go to the pier at hit up TSMM, Incredicoaster (use SR if standby isn’t under 5-10 mins) then use GOTG FP (assuming its the return time, which I imagine at that time it will be) and pull one for Soarin. Then I’ll either go straight to Soarin, or wait for that window to open by going on whatever has a short wait or so a SR line for Incredicoaster or RSR again.

I’ve usually done the DCA EE with my kiddos so we do a lot of the smaller rides around the pier, so it’s fun to plan for it on my own and see how many of the big rides I can get in!

Show up to the Main Entrance 15 minutes before EMH starts. If you are staying at the Grand California DO NOT use the Hotel Entrance.

7am - 8am Head to Cars Land and ride Radiator Springs Racers first. If you have MaxPass use it to get a FP for Toy Story Midway Mania.
Then ride Luigi's Rollicking Roadsters, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, and finally Monsters Inc.

Then ride Emotional Whirlwind, Goofy's Sky School, Jumping Jellyfish, and then head to Toy Story Midway Mania and use the FP.

9am-1030am While in line for TSMM get FP for 2nd ride on Radiator Springs Racers, then ride Jessie's Carousel, then use FP for Incredicoaster, ride Symphony Swings, and Golden Zephyr.

1030am-1130am: Next FP you get is for Guardians of the Galaxy, ride the Little Mermaid Adventure, Grizzly River Run, Guardians of the Galaxy

done

ME
You live up to your username!

1030am-1130am: Next FP you get is for Guardians of the Galaxy, ride the Little Mermaid Adventure, Grizzly River Run, Guardians of the Galaxy

done

ME

This is awesome! Might have to use this plan for my other DCA EE day :) Thanks for sharing!

Why not? It’s a straight shot to the Pier or use the bridge through the wharf to RSR? Security is a glance at best - fast smooth and on your way! Why would you opt to walk the long way around and stand in line with the herd from Harbor? I don’t understand why you wouldn’t want to utilize such a time saver entrance? We’ve...uh...snoozed too many times, gotten through security with 10 minutes LEFT on EMH and crushed the Pier before the park has officially opened. That entrance is the only reason we pony up for the GCH.

Why not? It’s a straight shot to the Pier or use the bridge through the wharf to RSR? Security is a glance at best - fast smooth and on your way! Why would you opt to walk the long way around and stand in line with the herd from Harbor? I don’t understand why you wouldn’t want to utilize such a time saver entrance? We’ve...uh...snoozed too many times, gotten through security with 10 minutes LEFT on EMH and crushed the Pier before the park has officially opened. That entrance is the only reason we pony up for the GCH.

Most GCH guests will be using the hotel entrance. Security and turnstiles are limited.
If you’re one of the first in line that is fine but it can build up fast and take a lot of time if you are not close to the front.

We just got back last week. During EMH CA Adventure, we did Guardians, Soarin and then RSR, in that order. We grabbed a FP for 8:00am for Incredicoaster. We got all three of the rides done in the first hour and rode Incredicoaster at 8:00am. I should add, that we were four adults, not sure if that made it easier or not.

1030am-1130am: Next FP you get is for Guardians of the Galaxy (this way you do Guardians before lunch), ride the Little Mermaid Adventure, Grizzly River Run (won't need FP if your are there before 11am, however, if you do need a FP get it after the Soarin FP), use FP Guardians of the Galaxy

done

ME
Thank you for this detailed strategy.

Prior to opening of the park, I frequently see the line to get to the Hotel Gate stretching past Whitewater snacks then doubling up. It takes 10x as long to get to the front of the bag check there as it does at the gate to DTD, which is already too long in my opinion ... next trip I've been considering going out the front entrance of the hotel to DLH, and entering from that part of DTD just because I'm so frustrated at not being able to leave the hotel quickly to go grab my Earl of Sandwich breakfast, much less the EMHs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter