"Cake Boss" on the 10/13 Dream with a Dream cake!

I'm wondering who got to eat the cake?!!? Love Cake Boss, even if it is a bit "scripted". It still does it for me!!!:cool1:

I saw on Facebook that that episode is for January 2012 when Buddy and Lisa will get married again on the Dream:love:

My whole family loves Buddy and his familia! We never miss a show. My DD and I went to the store on our last NYC trip and got to meet the sisters, but no Buddy! We waited for about an hour, but it was totally worth it. We would have loved to have seen him on the cruise.

Last night she was trying on dresses and said Buddy said the wedding place was a surprise. So it must be coming on soon. How cool! Wish he had gone on our Alaska Cruise this year.

I saw that episode too- now really excited for the show!! :thumbsup2

I'm wondering who got to eat the cake?!!? Love Cake Boss, even if it is a bit "scripted". It still does it for me!!!:cool1:

Someone posted on another thread that they had pieces of sheet cake for the passengers, and that the crew got to eat the "Dream" later.

I wish they'd been onboard two weeks earlier....when I was!!

I saw Buddy and his family at Epcot on Sunday. I guess he was enjoying the parks before the cruise. He didn't have any cameras with him.

DSC_0186-1.jpg

Someone posted on another thread that they had pieces of sheet cake for the passengers, and that the crew got to eat the "Dream" later.

Nope. :sad1:

They gathered the crew in the atrium and took pictures of the crew with the cake and had some pre-plated slices of sheet cake as props in the pictures.

None of the guests received any type of cake - either the sheet cake or the ship itself. :sad2:

Guess we just have to plan that trip to Carlos to get some cake for ourselves!:thumbsup2

While it is cool to have celebrities shooting a tv show on your cruise, there were some draw backs... Different venues were closed several times, upsetting some of the passengers. (we had been on the cruise prior to this one, so we were able to shrug it off and feel thankful that we had already had a chance to experience the offerings of the ship.). Anyway, the Aquaduck was commandeered for a period of time during the first afternoon of the 3-day cruise while they rode multiple times to get all the different shots they needed. Outlook lounge and half of Cabanas were closed one afternoon.

And Cove Cafe was also closed several times for their use. On one occasion, they all strolled in (including film crew and children), much to the dismay of several passengers who were there to enjoy a quiet, adults-only space. Needless to say, these passengers complained to the ladies working there, and eventually left in search of another quiet, adult space as it became incredibly loud/noisy.

Like I said, it was easier for us to shrug these off as we had already been enjoying the ship for four days prior, but I could see how these folks were annoyed with the way their 3-day cruise was being impacted by these activities. The whole situation made me wonder how DCL balances the expectations of passengers with the requirements of shooting a tv show (specifically closing of venues/spaces). I mean, they have to know that they will get some complaints from some paying passengers..

I saw Buddy and his family at Epcot on Sunday. I guess he was enjoying the parks before the cruise. He didn't have any cameras with him.

DSC_0186-1.jpg

:thumbsup2

While it is cool to have celebrities shooting a tv show on your cruise, there were some draw backs... Different venues were closed several times, upsetting some of the passengers. (we had been on the cruise prior to this one, so we were able to shrug it off and feel thankful that we had already had a chance to experience the offerings of the ship.). Anyway, the Aquaduck was commandeered for a period of time during the first afternoon of the 3-day cruise while they rode multiple times to get all the different shots they needed. Outlook lounge and half of Cabanas were closed one afternoon.

And Cove Cafe was also closed several times for their use. On one occasion, they all strolled in (including film crew and children), much to the dismay of several passengers who were there to enjoy a quiet, adults-only space. Needless to say, these passengers complained to the ladies working there, and eventually left in search of another quiet, adult space as it became incredibly loud/noisy.

Like I said, it was easier for us to shrug these off as we had already been enjoying the ship for four days prior, but I could see how these folks were annoyed with the way their 3-day cruise was being impacted by these activities. The whole situation made me wonder how DCL balances the expectations of passengers with the requirements of shooting a tv show (specifically closing of venues/spaces). I mean, they have to know that they will get some complaints from some paying passengers..

:headache: I'd be upset too. As much as I love the show but if I am paying all that money and they are closing things then I would be mad too.

The show was on last night but I missed part of it. I'm sure it will be re-run again.

That was all I could think about last night as I watched the re-run of the episode. While it would be neat to see some celebrities, I would have been very upset with all the areas being taken over by TV crews and celebs so that I could not use them. All the passengers paid good money to be on the ship and 3 nights is a short cruise to begin with. You start shutting things like the aquaduck down for half a day and the time really goes by fast. I am sure that between the TV crew and the rain, there were folks on board who never got to experience the duck. And that doesn't include having to feed folks in 1/2 of Cabannas.

I also don't think disney/customs would let a normal passenger get off in Nassau and return with live flowers.... I thought that was prohibited somewhere.

All in all, it was neat to watch, but I am certainly glad they were on the ship 2 weeks after we were.:thumbsup2

My guess is that they also shot the Animators segment at a 'non dining' time. There was none of the usual noise thats always present there and probably also no room to have a crew running around with all the regular passengers present.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter