Cabana Bay! New Universal Hotel in 2014!!!

Fire pit question, What is used to make the fire pit? I'm allergic to smoke (wood and cigarette) would I be able to go near the fire pit to make smores?

I wasn't planning on but I found a decent price on a smores kit so I thought I would bring it along.

We're heading to Cabana Bay in a few weeks :) Can anybody tell me if they will accept a package for us prior to arrival?

We're heading to Cabana Bay in a few weeks :) Can anybody tell me if they will accept a package for us prior to arrival?
Yes, I saw the address information on one of the threads (maybe the Things I Wish I Knew about Cabana Bay)

We just booked a standard poolside room and thought I read that they are only in the Continental and Americana buildings, is this correct? Can you make any room/building request? Any suggestions?

Ouch that is high for Cbay

Keep checking your dates in case they drop
We never know when and if rates will fall

If a hotel does not have the occupancy level they want for certain dates, they can and do drop rates to fill rooms.

Or release special codes for discounted rooms

So if $174 for Cabana Bay is an "ouch" I'm thinking $199 for Spring break is a "that really freaking hurts"!! =(

This is our first year being stuck on the school systems schedule and its hurting my heart.

Fire pit question, What is used to make the fire pit? I'm allergic to smoke (wood and cigarette) would I be able to go near the fire pit to make smores?

I wasn't planning on but I found a decent price on a smores kit so I thought I would bring it along.

The fire pits are gas. One of them is a smoking area so be sure to avoid that one.

Smoking was everywhere at the resort. Last day my niece and I walked to Sapphire Falls and took their water taxi to the park. Was yelled at by a smoker when I asked her to put out her cigarette while I waited for DM. She was in the stroller parking sitting with her granddaughter (not a DSA).

One night I couldn't even go out either side of the back of the resort to make s'mores with my niece.

I wouldn't stay at Cabana Bay again. I would try Sapphire Falls or one of the other Universal Resorts, just not for 9 nights. I noticed that even SF had a DSA right outside the back of the hotel where you have to walk to get to the water taxi

So for those who don't want to drive and are going to Disney quite a bit, is everyone using Uber to get too and from Cabana Bay? Can uber do return trips to save even more or are there tricks like going to a Disney resort then using the Disney busses to get around?

Really interested in people tips and tricks here
If I was going to Disney "quite a bit" I would NOT be staying at Universal! The transportation costs from one to the other are going to negate any "savings". IF it were me - and staying on Disney Property is not financially possible - I would be at the closest possible off property resort for the Disney portion of my trip.

Hi, i'm new to this thread and wanted to know what else is there to do outside of this resort. I've never stayed in this area, always on Disney, but have only been to the theme parks. we never visited the surrounding area..

You interested in other forms of entertainment outside of the UO parks and hotels?
Is that the question?

Sea world, discovery cove, Aquatica etc

Sorry, what I meant was, similar to Old Town, Irlo Bronson Hwy by Disney, that road is loaded with things to do..

how do u add the ticker to your signature.. what option is it, its giving me 4 choices

International drive has a ton of things to do. More so than 192 /Irlo Bronson. It is just across I4 from Cabana Bay.

how do u add the ticker to your signature.. what option is it, its giving me 4 choices
I believe if you click on mine or any other ticker you like it will take you to the site to make your own then you copy the url and paste it to your signature.

I didn't want to read all the pages so hopefully somebody can answer for me.

How far is it to walk to the parks and City Walk from Cabana Bay? If you do walk where does it lead out to as far as getting to the parks?

If you are a slow walker could be 20 minutes

Most peeps can do it 14 minutes

It is about a 7 minute walk from rpr to city walk/ioa

Maybe 5 minutes from Cbay to rpr??

I walked to SF from rpr Saturday and it took under 4 minutes

The walk from CBBR takes you on a path past the SR and RPR resorts. It drops you out at Jimmy Buffet's which is the one far side of City Walk. From there, you are closest to IOA, another 3 minutes over the bridge. To walk to US, another 8 or so.

I'm arriving January 9th and I am worried about the a oun of building g work goi g on ATM. Does it look like a complete building site? Is there a type of room I should be requesting if I don't want to see any of it?

I'm arriving January 9th and I am worried about the a oun of building g work goi g on ATM. Does it look like a complete building site? Is there a type of room I should be requesting if I don't want to see any of it?

Get a pool view room (costs more), ask for closer to the lobby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter