CA Coast & Disneyland! Pics & Video - Update 9/18- Pg. 12 #177 - The End!

Wow! What a great surprise! Can't wait to see what else....

I love both castles for their individuality. DL is imaginative and fun - like a fairytale, and MK is elegant and beautiful!:flower3:

Must be nice to have "friends in high places".......:snooty:
:lmao:

So if i tell em' I'm from Michigan do you think i might score some of those deluxe hoity toity seats for the parade too??? :laughing:

You never know!!! ;) In all honestly, we couldn't believe the luck that we were falling into.......we were thanking our lucky stars because our trip truly was "magical!" :)

Spartan Girl, every time i see another pic of the pink castle I like it more. It's gotten to the point when I see a pic of that castle in Orlando, it looks to me like a gaudy McMansion. :rotfl:

We loved the pink castle too! However, we also love WDW's castle since it is our "home" park. :goodvibes

Wasn't the line que (sp) of Roger Rabbit neat?

Great report & pics SpartanGirl....thanks for posting.

hound - :3dglasses

The que of Roger Rabbit was fabulous!!! :yay: It was actually very fun to walk through.

Thanks for the compliments about my report and pics! :flower3: I'm enjoying sharing my trip with everyone.

Wow! What a great surprise! Can't wait to see what else....

I love both castles for their individuality. DL is imaginative and fun - like a fairytale, and MK is elegant and beautiful!:flower3:

It was a great surprise!!! :woohoo: We talked to the CM for about 10 or 15 minutes.......he was really cool! :cool1: Just wait to hear what else was in store for us......:rolleyes1

I agree with you.......I LOVE both castles too! They are so different from one another and are each unique in their own ways. :goodvibes

More More more More. :)

Glad you're enjoying my TR!!! "More" should be up this week! :banana: I'll try to post sooner than later......I have "Open House" this week, so it's going to be busy.

Part 2 of our surprise, a celebrity sighting, and the Parade of Dreams!

Standing on the platform, we looked into a roped-off section of benches. We glanced around and found a CM who could hopefully help us with our parade reservation. We were in luck! We gave the CM our name, she checked her list, unhooked the rope, and guided us into our seats. However, before she let us loose, she said, "Please make sure that you are back here to check-in about a half-hour before the 4th of July fireworks start."

"What???" :confused:

She smiled and said, "You are booked for tonight's fireworks too! Make sure you're here early because it will be packed!"

The CM from earlier truly did grant us a dream!!!
:woohoo:

This was a magical day!!! :banana:

We happily sat down, front and center, and prepared to watch the Parade of Dreams. We were on :cloud9: yet again today!

The parade was incredible!!! We absolutely LOVED it! And to start everything off, being the 4th and all, there was a special "American tribute!" Enjoy the pics!

California585.jpg

California586.jpg

California588.jpg

California589.jpg

California590.jpg

California591.jpg

California592.jpg

California593.jpg

California594.jpg

California595.jpg

To be continued... Post #166

:thumbsup2 Pinocchio is my favorite Disney Movie. Nice to see Gepetto in good form.

& "Rats on Main St." :scared1:

:rotfl:

Continued...

California596.jpg

I had to include this next video clip because it seemed as if we got our own special wave from the Mouse himself!!! :goodvibes

California597.jpg

California598.jpg

California600.jpg

As Chris and I found ourselves totally emersed in the parade right in front of us, we didn't seem to notice that the seats around us had filled in. At the end of the parade, Chris leaned over to talk to me, and noticed that Jason Lee, from My Name is Earl, and his family were sitting a few seats away from us. I was so excited!!! Very casually, I leaned over and snapped a picture.

California599.jpg

Chris laughed and starting calling me the "Paparazzi." :rolleyes:

However, I disregarded his comments and snapped one more photo when Jason was standing right in front of us. We thought about going over to talk to him, but then decided not to bother him since he was with his family. I was happy just getting some pictures.

California601.jpg

As the crowds started to disperse, we headed down from the platform. We decided that we would take the next couple of hours to walk around the park, grab a bite to eat, and just enjoy being in Disney on our last night.

Up Next: The 4th of July Fireworks & A Magical Moment! Post #177

Unbelievable amount of pixie dust all in one day.pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: Sounded like a great day. Staying tuned for more. popcorn::

:thumbsup2 Pinocchio is my favorite Disney Movie. Nice to see Gepetto in good form.

& "Rats on Main St." :scared1:

:rotfl:

:rotfl2:

Man i never see anyone famous while I am in LA. That is cool that you saw him.

Throughout our trip, especially in LA, I had been keeping my eyes open for celebs.......I really wasn't thinking about spotting anyone in DL and that's when it happened! It was pretty exciting!!! :goodvibes

Wow, VIP seating for BOTH the parade and the fireworks! What a great surprise!

I know!!! :woohoo: We really couldn't believe it.........and, there is still one more magical moment to come!!! ;)

What can I say? :confused3 Wow! What a Magical Day!

It was wonderful!!! We didn't see the Dream Team, but we managed to get "dreams" anyway! :banana:

Unbelievable amount of pixie dust all in one day.pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: Sounded like a great day. Staying tuned for more. popcorn::

It was a magical day!!! pixiedust: Believe it or not, we had one more ounce of "magic" given to us later in the evening!!! ;)

Holy smokes! What a huge treat to have special seating for the parade and the fireworks!! I'm so glad you have posted this trip report. I'm getting lots of good ideas for what to see in June :goodvibes

Are you sure your trip was only 12 days? :rotfl:

I know!!! We did so much that it seems like we were gone for months...:lmao:

Believe it or not, there is only ONE MORE installment to go!

Holy smokes! What a huge treat to have special seating for the parade and the fireworks!! I'm so glad you have posted this trip report. I'm getting lots of good ideas for what to see in June :goodvibes

It was a WONDERFUL surprise!!! :banana: We really did have our dreams come true!

I'm glad you're able to "take something away" from my TR to use in June! :goodvibes

The 4th of July Fireworks & a Magical Moment!

Around 8:00 p.m., we found ourselves wandering around Fantasyland toward Tomorrowland. We happened to walk by the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage and noticed that the line was still about a 3 1/2 hour wait. :eek: It looked like Nemo was going to be a "no-go" for us on this trip. As much as we both would have liked to experience it, we just weren't willing to stand in that long of a line. It just meant that we would have to plan a return trip!!! :yay:

We continued our journey until we hit a mass amount of people!!! :scared1: Being the 4th of July, people had started claiming their fireworks seats EARLY and the park was rapidly filling up.

Even though we had VIP seating, we still wanted to head to the platform early to claim our seats. Plus, we figured it wouldn't be half-bad to get out of the crowd!!!

We made it to the train station at around 8:30 p.m. We were the first to arrive for the "roped-off" section, so we claimed the benches that were front and center. :banana: It was quite fun to people-watch! The crowds were getting larger by the moment and there was so much action around us. I snapped a couple pictures of the castle from up top......notice the crowds, particularly in the 2nd shot!

California604.jpg

California605.jpg

As we quietly laughed and talked amongst ourselves, we noticed many people trying to "sneek in" to the VIP seats. They were promptly "kicked out" by the CM's. We received a few angry glares from some of the unhappy people who were not able to join us in the section, so we were actually quite relieved when another couple showed up. The man, who was pushing his wife in a wheelchair, asked if we minded if they sat next to us for the fireworks. We happily motioned for them to join us, and we quickly became fast friends.

I think we talked the entire time until the fireworks began. The woman was re-cooping from chemo treatments, after being diagnosed with breast cancer. Even though she was quite ill, her husband wanted to take her on a "Dream-Filled" Vacation. She told us that her doctor gave her less than a year to live, and she wanted to enjoy the rest of her life to the fullest! She truly was an inspiration to both Chris and I!

The four of us continued to chat like old friends and got a good laugh when the CM told a group of people that the VIP seating was for their "Celebrity Clientele." Hardly...:rolleyes: However, we did watch Jason Lee and his family sneek into the section about 2 minutes prior to the start of the fireworks.

Soon, the fireworks began and all I can say is SPECTACULAR!!!

California608.jpg

California612.jpg

California619.jpg

The "Dreams Come True" Fireworks were amazing once again, and the special 4th of July fireworks were truly magical. This was definitely our BEST 4th of July to date!!!

Here is a clip that features the 4th of July fireworks finale...

At the conclusion of the fireworks, we sat and talked with our new friends for about 10-15 minutes, since we knew it would be near impossible to head down into the crowds and make it out of the park. We were comfy, we had great conversation going, and we were content just sitting around for a few.

Our new friends were going to be in DL for the next 3 days, and we were giving them the low-down on all of the great shows and rides to see. :goodvibes They happened to ask about the Nemo ride, being that "Nemo" was one of their granddaughter's favorite movies. We mentioned that we didn't ride it due to long lines. They continued on by saying, "We were thinking of heading over there right now...would you like to join us?" They also said that they were able to get right on all of the rides due to the wheelchair/illness.

We politely declined, not wanting to abuse the "power of the wheelchair" at a park. They basically scolded us and said that they would be offended if we didn't go with them, since we were their new friends. We smiled and agreed to join them! :woohoo:

Rather than fighting the crowds down below, we decided to hop on the train to head over to Nemo. Being nighttime, the air was a bit brisk, but we enjoyed the ride all the same. As we unloaded the train and approached Nemo, we noticed that the wait was still over 3 hours long! :eek:

We quickly joined the line with our "new friends," :hug: and boarded the ride in about 3 minutes. :yay: What a cute, cute ride! We LOVED it.......the special effects were fabulous and the company made it even more special!

California622.jpg

After departing the ride, we sadly said our goodbyes and shared many smiles and hugs. :grouphug: Our new friends told us how "special" we had made their night and we told them that our evening was so "magical" due to them!

Chris and I smiled at each other as we walked away. We glanced back once, only to watch our friends disappearing into the crowd behind us. We thought about catching a few more rides on our last night, but soon decided against it. I mean, what could top riding Nemo? We felt like we were floating on air as we headed back to the CCI.

****************************************************************************************************

On our final morning, we slept in, got picked up by the Disneyland Express, and headed to the airport. We were relieved to have an "uneventful" flight home.

****************************************************************************************************

Looking back, we have some fond memories of our California trip that will indeed, last a lifetime. California is a beautiful state, and we were fortunate to see so many of the wonderful places that it showcases. Disney was and is always so MAGICAL, and we feel thankful to have shared in the magic of the "Original Park."

Thank you to all my readers who followed me on this journey!!! :goodvibes

Thank you for sharing your trippie. I know how much time it takes to put in so much detail. I really felt like I was there with you. Can't wait for another trip. :cool1:
TK

Awwwww, it's over :sad1: Thanks so much for sharing your trip, I enjoyed every minute of it! And, it's made me even more excited for my own California vacation next summer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter