Bus Service in and around the CBR

HamHam

Mouseketeer
Hello,
My 12 year old daughter and I are secretly planning a trip for my hubby's 40th birthday on August 16 - the day we will be arriving. We are staying at the CBR for the first time and we are not renting a car. We've stayed at other Disney resorts before but have always had a car so this time will be quite different. Can anyone tell me how we can get from the resort to the Hoop-Dee-Doo on our arrival night for 7:15 pm (we will arrive around 5:30 to the hotel) and how do we get back. Do they have busses that run to the resorts from Pioneer Hall? Also, do you feel in general it takes a long time to get anyway from this resort compared to others? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I think the CBR transportation was bad when I stayed, it takes forever just to get out the hotel parking lot. They makes alot of stops.

I would take a taxi from CBR to Ft Wilderness Pioneer Hall . By the time you check-in you won't have time to take Disney busses and make it on time.
On the way back you can take a bus to the TTC and then to CBR.

But if it's late you may have to go bus to TTC then one to Downtown disney and then one to CBR

There are NO resort buses from the TTC.

There are NO buses to Downtown Disney at the TTC either.

By using Disney Transport, your best bet is to take the bus to the Disney-MGM Studios, and transfer to the Fort Wilderness bus there. The Studios bus will drop you off near Pioneer Hall. However, as someone posted, since you're arriving so late, it might be best to take a taxi to Fort Wilderness. They will drop you off at the Outpost Depot. From there, take any bus that says SETTLEMENT on it.

To get back to CBR... take any bus that says OUTPOST on it... At the Outpost Depot, they sometimes have special resort buses. Just check with a driver about them. If not, there will be a Downtown Disney bus there.

does anyone have suggestions for using the bus systems without taking a long time? Surely there must be some way.

If we were going to EMH or rope drop, when should we line up at the bus stop?

Keep in mind... there's a big difference between how the passage of time feels, and how it passes in reality. Yes, Caribbean has seven bus stops... but it doesn't take that long to go all the way around. I typically average 3-30 seconds at each stop. Travel time between each stop averages around 30 seconds. Depending on what stop you're at, you might not even stop at half of them...

We stayed at CBR in early April without a car. After reading some of the posts on this board, I was a little worried about the transportation, but we thought it was great! Sure, the bus did go to all the 'islands', but as Tyler said, it not very long at each stop. And I guess from any resort, to travel to another resort would require a switch at a park unless you take a cab. We returned to CBR from the Boardwalk one night by cab and the fare was only $6. We went to the Boardwalk from MGM by boat.

We just returned from CBR and were amazed at how close most of the parks seemed after leaving CBR. We have stayed at the Polynesian, AKL, POR, and Ft. Wilderness cabins. No other resort felt as close to all parks as CBR. Polynesian was close to Epcot and MK because of the monorail and AKL was close to AK but the rest of the rides seemed longer.

There is no easy way to get from resort to resort. We didn't go to the boardwalk area this time because in the past we had waited close to an hour for a bus to DTD (one bus for close to 100 people) to return to our resort and then waited a half hour or so to get a bus back to our resort.

If you are going to EMH or rope drop I would get to the bus stop 1 hour before opening. I believe the buses start running 1 1/2 to 2 hours before park opening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter