"Budget" Hotel Recommendation for Seattle

Trishtack

Mouseketeer
My DD and I will be in Seattle for one night before a cruise to Alaska and then two nights after a land tour. I'm looking for a hotel within walking distance of the attractions (aquarium, science center, space needle, etc.) that is reasonable. I can only fine 1 property under $250 a night before taxes and fees.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

We are also doing a cruise out of Seattle this year. We have decided to stay near Seatac and use the light rail to get downtown. It's 30-40 min on the train but the hotels are significantly less expensive. Have you checked out the Cruise Critic boards? There's a lot of info on Seattle hotels there.

There aren't a lot of budget choices in the Downtown/Waterfront area, especially in the summer. Staying near Sea-Tac is a good choice if you don't mind taking public transport in. Other options include staying North, or across the Lake in Bellevue/Redmond/Kirkland.

Aside from staying at the airport you might try using Priceline/Hotwire. But yeah, downtown Seattle hotel rates are crazy. I think they may be higher than in Manhattan!

Hi there -
I live in Lake City and work within a dumbo flight from the spaceneedle.

my wife and I stayed in best western at airport for $100 per. 3.5 stars out of 5. There is light rail from the airport that will get to you to the middle of city. Check out http://www.soundtransit.org/ for rail and bus. You can also uber in seattle. If you can get into the city, you can walk most of it. There are also a few trolleys that function as well. From center city north to south lake union then (walk on Mercer street west to space needle, EMP and Star Wars exhibit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! about 5-10 blocks ) transportation is a hodge podge of systems, not very well thought out, but improving and doable. Parking sucks. There was a guy in my office saying he was paying $48 a day at the courtyard off 2nd street. Thats for parking not the hotel.... Have you also checked out AirBNB or couchsurfing.com? The later is free and is a great way to meet locals that will let you crash at their place for free. I saw some boats on lake union for rent as well

if your dd is between 13 and 19 MAKE SURE to sign her up for a free TeenTix pass (at teentix.org). this is an AWSOME program in seattle where she can get $5 entrance everyday to allot of popular places-INCLUDING THE EMP. on certain days of the week the teen can buy 2 admissions (including an adult) for $10. with regular admission at around $16-$25 per person that's quite a savings, and when we went if you held on to your ticket stubbs they were good for free admission to the living computer museum so that saved us another $8.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter