• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Breakfast ADR held up for Frozen

Is this akershus? Are they just being held at the restaurant until the park opens? Or behind a rope somewhere? Maybe the guests will at least have a heads up on the rest being closer to the ride?

Last edited:

That is true, but people that want to eat to see the princesses ( which is great...I think it's a hidden gem) have an equal chance to get the adrs as those that might just want to book for the proximity to frozen.

Which would be great, actually. Then people who actually want to eat and see the princesses could get that ADR.

I understand and don't disagree. But Disney might not want to take a chance on whether they would fill all those spots again. I have a hunch they would, but who knows.

We were there June 29. We were at the park by 8 am and when we passed by the restaurant the people were being held there. We were the first ones to ride the Frozen. The cast member told us to many people were making the reservations and not eating breakfast.

That is true, but people that want to eat to see the princesses ( which is great...I think it's a hidden gem) have an equal chance to get the adrs as those that might just want to book for the proximity to frozen.
I really want to do the breakfast, but I also plan to finish before 9 and get in the front of the frozen line. If they really hold the ADR people back behind the rope drop crowds, I will cancel in order to have a chance to ride.

We were there June 29. We were at the park by 8 am and when we passed by the restaurant the people were being held there. We were the first ones to ride the Frozen. The cast member told us to many people were making the reservations and not eating breakfast.

That is crazy! So what do the people just stand in the restaurant and not order?! I don't know how they can hold the paying customers back until after the park has been opened for a bit?

I really want to do the breakfast, but I also plan to finish before 9 and get in the front of the frozen line. If they really hold the ADR people back behind the rope drop crowds, I will cancel in order to have a chance to ride.

Me too.. Doesn't seem right to hold back paying customers. I think BOG customers are held at a rope, but let into fantasyland right at rope drop?

We actually made our 8am Akershus ADR not even caring about Frozen or remembering, since we made ADR's back in March and didn't even know when it was set to open yet. We just love breakfast at Akershus and really want to enjoy it with my niece. I'm hoping to get a FP for it on that morning, so if the stand by is already crazy by 9am, then we'll just use our FP. I'm more excited for breakfast in Norway than the ride.

But how is this fair to those who actually show up for the princess breakfast? Should these guests be punished because others decide to bail out on their ADR to gain an advantage in the standby line?
Could this problem be easily remedied by asking Akershus guests to present their breakfast receipts?

Mark me down as someone who will cxl our Akershus ADR, but not before I have shared my opinion with Disney. If they are heading in this direction, then they need to consider a prepaid EMM for FEA.

I understand and don't disagree. But Disney might not want to take a chance on whether they would fill all those spots again. I have a hunch they would, but who knows.
They seem to have before Frozen PPO Panic-A-Palooza. Maybe not at 180+10+3 seconds past 7AM, but Akershus PPO seems to have been popular all along.

It's such a nice alternative to CRT. It's fun for kids to see the princesses at Epcot, too. It just doesn't make sense to me that guests would be held back past 9am.

We have a PPO ADR for Askershus and fully plan on eating and enjoying. However, we also were planning on leaving promptly after we've seen the princesses/closed our checks for FEA and will be really disappointed if we are held up after rope drop.

I wouldn't mind pre-paying for our meal like what's required at CRT, but I shouldn't be punished because some people are skipping their reservations for a ride!

But how is this fair to those who actually show up for the princess breakfast? Should these guests be punished because others decide to bail out on their ADR to gain an advantage in the standby line?
Could this problem be easily remedied by asking Akershus guests to present their breakfast receipts?

Mark me down as someone who will cxl our Akershus ADR, but not before I have shared my opinion with Disney. If they are heading in this direction, then they need to consider a prepaid EMM for FEA.

A prepaid EMM for FEA is most likely already planned.
Though they could have it @ a different venue(Norway's counter service and/or Mexico's),
whilst continuing to " punish " ALL PPO Akershus guests.

Is this just the case for Frozen/Askerhus? I've never had a PPO ADR at Epcot, but we usually do CP before opening at MK and have never had an issue riding after breakfast. We have PPO at GG, don't get me wrong, we booked this for the characters - it's probably my favorite restaurant on property, and we have no interest in running to FEA, but in the off chance we do get done with breakfast before RD (which I doubt) can we head to TT? Or do we just need to hang out in the Land? To be perfectly clear, I have no complaints either way, just honestly curious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter