Boys R Icky, I need a new BF, our RPR trip report...A Wonderful Trip!

supersaver said:
Linda, I am enjoying your trip report. Very entertaining! :thumbsup2 I wonder if we might have seen you Monday night at the pool, my kids wanted to go swimming and we were also down at the hot tub/whirlpool some that night (a bad mistake, as after being in the WARM water, the pool felt like ice cubes!). I thoroughly agree with you about the Bula bar, some of our best meals last week were from there! EXCELLENT! :cool1: We were at Universal the day you were at Sea World, and everyone's shoes/socks were so wet, DH had to dry them out with a hair dryer!! That was some storm Monday and Tuesday.

Looking forward to the rest of your trip report!

Suzanne :sunny:

Maybe you did...I always laid out by the hottub by cabana 1. I saw some kids swimming in the hottub once , maybe that was you all. :sunny:

GREAT Trip Report :cool1: I think I'm missing out on something though - what meal coupons for Hard Rock Hotel? How do I get those?

Calgary DISHeads said:
GREAT Trip Report :cool1: I think I'm missing out on something though - what meal coupons for Hard Rock Hotel? How do I get those?

Sorry, I didnt mean to make it sound like that...they are the movie/meal coupons for citywalk restaraunts. (entertainment book) I had them redeem some at guest services on their way over to HRH.

Subscribing, great trip report. I am taking my boys 13 and 16 to RPR in April and I can't wait, especially after reading your report. :thumbsup2

You make your trip report so enjoyable to read!!! Also, thank you for your pictures. I have been debating whether or not to rent a cabana. Do they have any near the pool so you can keep your eye on your kids while they swim?
Also, I'm thinking why would I want a cabana? You're hotel room is right there, right????

Enjoying your trip report and pics!! Waiting patiently to hear the rest!! :listen:

I made a little boo-boo on my report for day 6..I said we had dinner at the bula grill, but we didnt. While we were in US we had dinner at Finnegans. I really liked it. I want ed to have Bangers and Mash but they were out, so we had fish and chips instead. We also had scotch eggs as an appetizer. I had no clue what they were, but they were good! Hard-boiled eggs in a sausage ball and fried. I know that doesnt sound good, but trust me, they were. The boys liked them too, and they only like chicken strips and pizza.

Anyway, Day 7- EPCOT

We got up early. I wanted to get there at 8:30 or so (park opening 9). It was not an early entry day, so I was hopeful. But I was worried since the weather had been bad for 2 days if now the disney parks would flood and it would be unmanageable. We managed to get there at 8:40, close enough. (I forgot to mention that while we were at Disney quest, I went to the Disney marketplace guest services and bought my epcot tickets to save a little time, so we didnt have to wait in line for that) Anyway, they let us in at 8:50 to go to the rope-drop areas. There was already a pretty big mob there. The weather was beautiful BTW. At rope drop we went straight to Soarin'. The wait time said 45mins. :confused3 I was like whaaa????. I asked the attendant and they said it was betwen 15 and 45 mins. I think they just do that because the mob is unpredictable. It was about 15 mins. We rode that and it was fun. Very pretty. Afterwards we got a fastpass so we could come back later.

When we got off that there was already a huge line for Living with the Land. So we skipped it. I really like it, so I am disappointed. I think the Soarin people kind of mob into that after the ride. Its a shame.
we went back across to Mission to Mars (is that the name or is it Mission Space?) They have orange and green teams now. Green apparently doesnt spin. We did orange. No wait. 5 min MAYBE. DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THIS RIDE. Since this is on the universal board, all you guys are used to way more thrilling rides than this. It was fun. I couldnt even tell it was spinning. I was a little nervous with all the warnings as you are going in, but unless you are really sensitive to spinning, dont worry about it. Its not scary. Its pretty cool. None of us had any problems at all.

We checked test rack next and the line was huge, and we couldnt get another fastpass yet so we went over to imagination pavillion and rode figment. Okay. This is lame. seriously. I am a total dork and this is lame. I thought they had redone it and was expecting a change. I think little kids would still like it but not over say..9. Anyway, we did Honey I shrunk the Audience. I still like that one. I know its old, but its still fun.

By now we can get a test track fast pass so we get one and then go back and ride soarin again. We were on the bottom row both times (we were hoping for the top) but we liked it a lot. Am I the only one who remembers the old Delta Dream flight ride in tomorrowland? This is like that , turbo-charged. Still a huge line at Living with the Land. Oh well.

Our test track fastpass is at 1230 so we decide to do lunch first and head into the world showcase. Kev thinks chinese so we head that way, but looking at the menu he changes his mind. We make our way to Germany and go to the Biergarten. Wow, good choice. We loved it. It was a buffet style and the boys chose a wide variety of stuff they usually dont try. (and the old standby chicken strips were there also.)

Universaltrip-day5003.jpg

Now was time to ride test track. When we got there the line (fastpass) stretched all the way out and about 50 feet outside the entry gate area. What? this is fastpass. I thought there must be some mistake and said , well just come back a little later and see if it gets shorter. So we went into Innoventions for awhile and goofed around and went to the chill station place. When we went back and checked it was the same. So we waited. I timed the line. The fastpass line was 30 mins. the regular line said 45. the single riders line said 30 as well but I think it was wrong. Ok I like this ride its fun and all, but its not that big a deal. Anyway, we rode it, it was fun. I am gonna give a plug here for the hairspray in the gym at RPR. I braided my hair and sprayed it, but I thought this ride would do it in. Nope, Perfect. Not a hair out of place!

Next we went back to world showcase. We just visited as much as we could. We went to see the chinese acrobats, we love them, and saw the china movie.
Universaltrip-day5005.jpg

We checked out the carvings and drums in the africa section. I sure wish I could afford some of that stuff!

Universaltrip-day5008.jpg

Kevin loved watching the drum corps guys

Universaltrip-day5014.jpg

Then he had to have a funnel cake

Universaltrip-day5017.jpg

We made our way around, visited the england and canada areas, watched the canada movie. By now we were getting pretty tired. We decided we would go back to Mission to mars and ride that again, NO WAIT again. Still no problems. Its really fun. Do it, seriously. Then we did the Universe of Energy thing with Ellen. I still like it but it really needs some updating. Then a last ride on Spaceship Earth before we left. I still like that one too. We had a lot of fun. It was crowded but the only place it was bad was test track. I'm sure if we hadnt gotten our fastpasses early for Soarin that may have been a problem as well. But the fastpass line for Soarin was only about 15 mins when we went. All in all, a very good day.

We got home around 7. Of course more swimming and eating at the Bula grill. Brandon asked me "what are we doing tomorrow?" "anything you guys want"

Next....margaritaville

:hippie:

Dislifer said:
You make your trip report so enjoyable to read!!! Also, thank you for your pictures. I have been debating whether or not to rent a cabana. Do they have any near the pool so you can keep your eye on your kids while they swim?
Also, I'm thinking why would I want a cabana? You're hotel room is right there, right????

The cabanas kind of sit back, but not so far that you couldnt see the kids, except for the ones back behind the hottubs. Even so, I think it would be fun to rent one sometime...but completely unnecessary. Unless you really want to watch tv while outside? Anyway, if you want to get relief from the sun there are plenty of umbrellas around, and you could always go relax at the bula bar for a bit. I never saw the pool so crowded that you couldnt find chairs or umbrellas for yourself, maybe later in the summer it would be a problem. :hippie:

Read your last installment!! Test Track was busy(and s l o w) the last time we rode it, also. Kind of thought we were in the wrong line !!?? Can't wait to hear about your next day. :sunny:

lindalinda said:
The cabanas kind of sit back, but not so far that you couldnt see the kids, except for the ones back behind the hottubs. Even so, I think it would be fun to rent one sometime...but completely unnecessary. Unless you really want to watch tv while outside? Anyway, if you want to get relief from the sun there are plenty of umbrellas around, and you could always go relax at the bula bar for a bit. I never saw the pool so crowded that you couldnt find chairs or umbrellas for yourself, maybe later in the summer it would be a problem. :hippie:

Thanks for the info! Also, congratulations on your weight loss!!! :cheer2: That's great...what have you been doing to lose 55 lbs???? :sunny: :sunny:

Thanks for the continued installments. I am getting excited for my trip. I will be heading to Epcot as well, so I was happy to read of your experiences. Do you remember what other rides had single rider lines there?

Dislifer said:
Thanks for the info! Also, congratulations on your weight loss!!! :cheer2: That's great...what have you been doing to lose 55 lbs???? :sunny: :sunny:
Thanks. But before my vacation , that ticker said 64 lbs. I gained 9 on vacation! Back to the drawing board. I have done everything. I just keep trying!

IMGONNABE40! said:
Thanks for the continued installments. I am getting excited for my trip. I will be heading to Epcot as well, so I was happy to read of your experiences. Do you remember what other rides had single rider lines there?

I have been thinking and thinking and I honestly dont remember seeing them anywhere else. When we rode mission space (or whatever its called) we only had 3 and they didnt fill the extra seat. On soarin there were no empties, so there might be one there, but I didnt notice it. I was stressing pretty much about epcot, but it wasnt as bad as I thought. Just be there early and do soarin first. Also, its so huge, you are gonna get tired, be ready for that.

They keep making me work these awful shifts and I'm just now getting home so I will try to get the next day in tomorrow. (Darn job)

Linda, did you happen to notice if the Bubba Gump's restaurant at City Walk is on schedule for opening July 1st? My husband loves shrimp and we all love the movie. We are going July 12th for 3 nights to RPR and are hoping the restaurant will be open. Thanks!

Suzan said:
Linda, did you happen to notice if the Bubba Gump's restaurant at City Walk is on schedule for opening July 1st? My husband loves shrimp and we all love the movie. We are going July 12th for 3 nights to RPR and are hoping the restaurant will be open. Thanks!

When we were there it was all boarded up. I am not sure if it was scheduled for july 1st or if it just said coming this summer. It didnt look like it was going to open very soon. But I really dont know for sure :confused3

Wow, I just read my posts from last night. I really wasnt drunk or anything just tired. Apparently I cant spell when I'm tired.

Does anyone remember what day I was on?

Day 8

We were so tired after epcot we just decided to take a "sleep in" day. We probably got up around 9:30. We barely made it to the club lounge in time for breakfast. Grabbed some bagels and got ready to go. I forgot to tell you all that the day before I had asked the club concierge to make a reservation for NBA City for us for the finals Heat vs Mavs. At guest services they had told us we couldnt get one past 6:45 but they got us one for 9pm. Perfect!

We decided to go eat lunch at margaritaville early and do some souveneir shopping there. We have parrothead-type relatives so they love margaritaville t-shirts. So off we went. We had the jamaica mistaica wings for an appetizer. OMG these are so good! I want the recipe! yummy! I had the cheeseburger in paradise (i couldnt resist)
Here it is
Universaltrip-day6005.jpg

They also have a volcano over by the bar. This is a bad picture but maybe you can kind of see it
Universaltrip-day6008.jpg

We bought lots of stuff. We also used our movie/meal coupons for this meal. I dont think they minded, since we bought hundreds of $ in merchandise :thumbsup2

They make these chairs up here in louisville. bet you all didnt know that

Universaltrip-day6017.jpg

Next the boys were going into the park, and I was going back to be lazy by the pool again. Kev did insist I go ride the hulk on the way tho, so I did.

While I was at the pool this was what I saw. It was so cool! What a hoot!

Universaltrip-day6032.jpg

After a couple of hours , the boys came back and joined me. Well, not exactly joined me I guess, but went swimming too

Universaltrip-day6026.jpg

Afterwards we decided to go to universal and try to catch the hollywood horror show. Here it was thursday already and we still hadnt seen it! So we went in, but decided first to ride mummy again. I cant go in there and not ride mummy first.

This is our official mummy pic, or one of them at least. We always know where the camera is. Thats us in the 2nd row.

Universaltrip-day8.jpg

Then of course we had to do jaws again. Obligatory shark pic..

Universaltrip-day6047.jpg

We were having an awesome time. I needed a rematch on MIB. I was deeply ashamed of my last score (55000)

Universaltrip-day6052.jpg

Well, I was in the same seat (rear row , right seat) and I did even worse!!!! 45000! Kev of course walloped me with something in the 400,ooos again. How embarrassing. I continue to blame the equipment!

Then we get to the horror ahow. Oh no...last show at 5:30! We missed it again! Only one thing could make us feel better. Ice cream. So we head to Schwabs. Yum.

Universaltrip-day6037.jpg

Its getting late so we decide to see T2 and then head to the mummy before dinner at NBA city. We got there just in time. Perfect seats in the middle.

Universaltrip-day6061.jpg

I know that s crappy pic but the best I could do. That night there was a 20% surcharge because of the game. OUCH! But thats what we wanted to do , so we did. The boys had ribs and loved them. I cant even remember what I had, except for the Oreo Martinis. OMG! You gotta try this!

Universaltrip-day6062.jpg

Our bill ended up almost 150$ for the 3 of us. Seemed kind of ridiculous, but heck, we're on vacation WTH.

We had a wonderful day, really just about perfect. Now for tomorrow, our last full day....Can we manage to see the Horror makeup show finally?

:hippie:

okay, huge pics again. I'm too tired to mess with it now so you all will just have to suffer thru it. Sorry!

The lady in the third row of your Mummy picture could do the commercial, "I wanna feel closer to my kids!" :teeth: Great report, love the pictures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter