• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bounceback Free DDP and Discounted Deluxe DDP Promotion

I got back yesterday from a 1 night stay at Disney Contemporary Resort. Unlike some of you, we got the free dining offer by e-mail. We'll be back Aug 30th 08 for 14 nights at POR.:cool1: :cool1: :woohoo: :dance3:

I know we did not have free dining because we got a discount on our room instead. Maybe that is what they mean.
Yeah, you can't get "free" dining unless you pay rack rate for a room. Since I always stay at a value resort, the best discount I would've gotten is about $20 a night, "free" dining for two people is worth more then the $20 I could've saved on the room.

We just returned from 5 days at the CBR, we are going back for 10 days next year! It was wonderful! There was not a flyer in the room, but dialing 8844 worked like a charm! Since we will be going back next September, but earlier than this year, we were able to upgrade our 6 day parker hopper passes to annual passes, and booked next year with just 1 day base tickets. This definitely was cheaper than buying two 6 day park hopper tickets in the same year! Thanks to all for the great advise!

Would you mind posting the cost and room type @ Poly? I know next year the weekends are slightly higher than weekdays, and we are trying to decide if we should get the great value at the "values" or go for our old fav Poly. Thanks

I did the math and it looks like I'm paying around $340/night for the Poly. I figure though even if we got our rooms at a discount, we usualy do at least 1 TS/day we'd be spending the same amount on food to equal the cost of the room. So, it seems like a wash to me (with the deluxes). With a value, it is a great savings.

have fun whatever you decide!:goodvibes

Just returned home and thought I would share the good/bad news. Disney offered me free dining in 2008 if I booked my return trip before checking out on this trip. I had to book between 8-27 and 9-30-2008 for a 6 day 5 night stay. Basically it's a bounce back program from what I understand. The only catch is that the gratuity is not included in the dining plan in 2008. So I guess that means free dining will continue during hurricane seasons in the future.

Thanks to this poster, who posted the first discussion I saw about this offer and all the rest of you who have contributed!!
I just booked 2008 FREE DDP !!!!
now to put up a new ticker!!!

another question... can one book the bounce back with cash instead of a credit card?

Nope you can't I tired-believe it or not they don't take cash. :rolleyes1

I was at WDW twice during the free dining, once at the end of Aug with daughter, and 2 grandsons, at the All Star Music, the bounce back offer was not offered. I was back to Pop Century in Sept, and it was offered, the paper was in my welcome packet. I did book for next year, but am still not happy about tips not being included- I think it will be a big mistake of Disney's part.

another question... can one book the bounce back with cash instead of a credit card?

No, we weren't able to. I never got the chance to put the $$ in my bank account before our trip so was hoping we could just pay the deposit while at WDW. No such luck! We were at Pop Century from 9/7 to 9/15. Once we got home and put the $200 into my checking account, we were able to book the Bounceback Promo on 9/19. They didn't say anything about us not still being at WDW so I am thinking we got lucky and they didn't check. :confused3 But we are now booked for 9/12-9/20 at All Star Movies in 2008 with Free Dining. :wizard:

I really want to move up to a Mod this trip (we have done Values and mostly Pop Century for years now) but I just hate to spend $600+ more! LOL For that, we could do 16 days at a Value instead!! Haven't convinced my DH into that one though. LOL :rolleyes1

Does anyone know if you can add a day to your reservations after you've left? I did the bounceback for next year but thought about adding one more night...is it possible or should I just leave it alone? Thanks!!!

Absolutely - I just did it no problem. I think I read that you can't add days after the Sept 28 booking deadline.

will this offer still be avail when we go down in Nov? Can you book it for the Fort Wilderness Campground? We are hoping to return next year and stay at FW in our tent trailer.

Just got back from Coronado Springs for a whole week!!! We booked our 2 week reservation with free DDP. We are staying at Pop Century for two weeks for the same price as one week at Coronado Springs!!!!

I will miss the Pepper Market.

We were at WL from 8/29 to 9/4 and never saw anything about bounceback. Am already planning next trip and would have definitely reserved. More reason for post Disney depression.:sad1: Maybe they'll offer in the spring again????

Last year I was so upset that we couldn't make it down in December to do the bounceback, everyone said that they were going to get enough interest through that....and not offer to the public again. I was bummed....but alas they did offer it to the public and I booked.

I'm glad I got it booked while we were there a few weeks ago for next year, because I'm impatient, but I'll be crossing my fingers for you :)

We just got back from 10 nights at POFQ. I booked the bounceback on the 26th... 10 nights (9/21 - 10/1, 2008) at POR for next year.

Did anyone notice if there was a phone charge when you called from your room to book this offer? popcorn::

not only was there no charge for that call, but for ANY calls we made, which were all local... Last yr we were charged .75 each, but I think thay haev done away with the fee because I looked to the telephone instructions card midway (when I saw no phone charges on our midtrip bill, I go and get it, it does not come on it's own)
Bonus for us who use dialup phone/internet access!!

Just back from 10 days at ASMo - wonderful trip!! Booked the future stay program at 9pm on 9/28 right after we checked in - POR for 10 days next sept with deluxe dining - YAY!!!! There was no notice in my packet, but I knew about it from these boards. Glad we checked in when we did, because I was on the phone for 40 minutes to reserve this. I just dialed the 8814 from the room phone, and the voice on the other end immediately said that the "future stay program" was for guests currently staying on property. Then I had to wait the usual minutes, and got the same prompts I always get when I call Disney. The CM who finally answered asked me how she could assist me. It was the Walt Disney Travel Company and she was very helpful when I told her why I was calling. Can't wait to make my ressies at 180 days!!!!

Glad you got it!
I posted this in another thread too, but for everyones information who is there or still to go in the nest few days, I was told on my last full day the program was extended until Oct 11th or 12th 2007. That is of 2007 to book for 2008, not the dates you can book for 2008 or at least that is what they told me at the concierge desk. They could not find any fliers but did say one had been made up, I saw them give it to the guest before me who I told about the program and she got the last one..
good luck all

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter