• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booking Problems with United

disneypal100

Earning My Ears
Just a warning for anyone out there who is trying to take advantage of the "Kids Fly Free to Disneyland" Promo through United. I tried to book two weeks ago. There is no breakdown of airfare vs. hotel so to make sure I was getting the promo deal I did 2 searches. One with 2 Adults and 2 Children and one with just 2 Adults flying. The package with the adults and children was $800 more than with just the 2 adults. I realize that taxes would have to be paid on the free fares but there is no way it would be $800. I have spent hours trying to get United/United Vacations to correct this problem. The promo price is also not reflected if you call customer service and have them book it. I have called customer service 15 times and sent 2 emails. On Monday, they finally admitted there is a problem but as of yet the problem is not fixed. I'm concerned that people are booking and believe they are getting the promotional deal. To add insult to injury, I keep hearing an ad for this "deal" when I am on on hold for customer service with United. If you book through Disney or Costco, the price for the package reflects the promo deal.

Same problem on the Alaska air web site. You can't tell when booking a vacation package if it is kids fly free or not. Turns out they have limited kids fly free seats and they are not available on all flights. The difference is when you call alaska air vacations they can and will tell you which are KFF and which are not. I have never had a problem in their 800 number and customer service.

I wish I could fly Alaska Air but their deal is only good flying from the west coast. Unfortunately United customer service has not been as helpful but I know these particular flights are eligible as I can book them through Disney.

I've had problems with United in the past. I booked using my Mileage Plus and was charged $40..only $10 was legit. It took 6 phone calls to resolve...twice I was given a new phone # to call only to end up in the very same office! Exasperating it was!:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter