Booking into 2013

Are the AP rates and SMSM rates about the same? We will be staying 6 nights the last week of May. I know I can go ahead and book and then adjust if cheaper rate comes out. I was just curious if one rate is usually better than the other. Thanks. I have learned so much from the helpful people of the Darkside.

Are the AP rates and SMSM rates about the same? We will be staying 6 nights the last week of May. I know I can go ahead and book and then adjust if cheaper rate comes out. I was just curious if one rate is usually better than the other. Thanks. I have learned so much from the helpful people of the Darkside.

The SMSM rate varies depending on how long you are staying. In my experience the AP rate is just a tad better than the best SMSM rate. It tends to vary, though.

Thanks for the quick response. I will probably go ahead and book with the SMSM and then apply the AP rate when it comes out.

in 2011, the smsm was cheaper for me than the ap rate.

this year for my fall trip, the ap is cheaper than the smsm rate for my dates.

we are not talking about a ton of money difference, only about a $33 difference.

we are thinking of going to universal in august 2013. does anyone know when the aaa rates will come out?
thanks

I am looking to book one night in Feb (presidents day weekend), does anyone know when the AP rates might be released for this time?

Thanks!

Rack Rate---for 6 nights Standard Room at HRH---$2300

Online SMSM---$1715 (25% discount...?)

Then I called the reservation line and got a better discount.. (maybe 30%?)
telephone reservation SMSM- $1618:cool1:

Rack Rate---for 6 nights Standard Room at HRH---$2300

Online SMSM---$1715 (25% discount...?)

Then I called the reservation line and got a better discount.. (maybe 30%?)
telephone reservation SMSM- $1618:cool1:

If you have a look online the rate is the same - $1618.67

http://www.loewshotels.com/en/booking/uo?hotel=UEPBH,UEHRH,UERPR

The daily rate changes 3 times during your stay. I would keep checking rates as your dates get closer with Thanksgiving much later - I bet your rates will drop further. Also, consider the APH rate. That won't be out for quite sometime though.

I am looking to book one night in Feb (presidents day weekend), does anyone know when the AP rates might be released for this time?

Thanks!

One night bookings vary - it may not be offered at all. If it is I would start looking now and just keep checking weekly.

JessicaR said:
If you have a look online the rate is the same - $1618.67

http://www.loewshotels.com/en/booking/uo?hotel=UEPBH,UEHRH,UERPR

The daily rate changes 3 times during your stay. I would keep checking rates as your dates get closer with Thanksgiving much later - I bet your rates will drop further. Also, consider the APH rate. That won't be out for quite sometime though.

As JessicaR stated, the rates change so check back. I noticed that if you add the Extra day before to make it a 7 night reservation, the rates seem to drop. I think it is less than what you are getting now. You should look into it. Perhaps you can book the 7 nights if it is cheaper, and then drop the night you don't need. Hopefully you will keep the discount for the other nights. This seems to work for WDW. Good luck and hope you have a great time!

As JessicaR stated, the rates change so check back. I noticed that if you add the Extra day before to make it a 7 night reservation, the rates seem to drop. I think it is less than what you are getting now. You should look into it. Perhaps you can book the 7 nights if it is cheaper, and then drop the night you don't need. Hopefully you will keep the discount for the other nights. This seems to work for WDW. Good luck and hope you have a great time!

If you drop one night, the entire reservation gets cancelled and rebooked at that time. Your rate will be changed.

That is the problem with making reservation changes at Universal. You can only make them if the new reservation is available in the system.

damo said:
If you drop one night, the entire reservation gets cancelled and rebooked at that time. Your rate will be changed.

That is the problem with making reservation changes at Universal. You can only make them if the new reservation is available in the system.

I didn't know that. Never did that with Universal before. I hope WDW does not change their policy. I had to do this with WDW recently and it saved me a lot of money.

I didn't know that. Never did that with Universal before. I hope WDW does not change their policy. I had to do this with WDW recently and it saved me a lot of money.

It is just the way their computer system (and many other hotels' computer systems) do their reservations.

damo said:
It is just the way their computer system (and many other hotels' computer systems) do their reservations.

I guess it makes sense with Universal because the SMSM discount depends on the number of nights, whereas WDW gives you a certain percentage off. With WDW it is a matter of finding the right combination of days to get the discount and keep the days you want. I also had a problem with WDW for having a date that did not qualify for a discount. Once I dropped that day, the discount was available. It is so strange how the reservation systems operate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter