• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bonine Reports. Have you tried it since finding out here?

:bounce: I can't wait to try the Bonine for Mission:Space! The motion sickness issue had me convinced that I wouldn't be able to ride it!
Does anyone know if I would be able to have a glass of wine with dinner if I take Bonine?
Do you think if I take it the night before I plan to ride M:S, it should be OK to drink 24 hrs. later? :smooth:

I bought Bonine by accident years ago when I was in NYC and had to fly home, and ran out of Dramimine. I love it and have used it ever since. I don't get plane sick every time, but just pop one about one hour before the flight and I'm golden!

is this available OTC or only by prescription? also, can you have alcohol while using this?

thanks!

Yes But In most places you have to ask at the pharmacy window for it. At Walgreens I simple walk up to the pharmacy and tell the Pharmacist that I need a bottle of Meclizine. And they find a bottle on there shelfs and sell it to me. No prescription. However some have reported that they do need a prescription in their state.

As with any Medication you should talk with your Docter or Pharmacist about using Alcohol with the medication.

I had a prescription for an anit-vert and I had bonine, I found the bonine worked better for the spinning feeling that I had than the anti-vert did. I never actually had a sick to my stomach feeling, but it worked with in minutes when I'd start to get dizzy or out of sorts, and it never made me sleepy. Dramamine always knocks me out.

Eljay, I have had wine with dinner after taking Meclizine (Bonine) and also had several beers at Epcot with no ill effects.

Please understand that "meclizine" is just the generic name for Bonine. Rather than buying a small package of Bonine, ask your pharmacist for a bottle of meclizine.

It's the same drug, but you'll get a huge bottle of it for just a few bucks. Much better than paying big dollars for a small pack of Bonine.

I have some serious problems with motion sickness, too, and meclizine has always worked far better for me than Dramamine. I have good luck using the Sea Bands, too, when I fly. (I'm one of the unfortunates who always checks for the little white bag in the seat in front of me when I fly . . . . . )

Hi -- Is a prescription required for Sea Bands, or is it available OTC?

I too suffer from motion sickness -- my husband teases me because I always get sick while snorkeling!

Originally posted by rkrivas
Hi -- Is a prescription required for Sea Bands, or is it available OTC?

I too suffer from motion sickness -- my husband teases me because I always get sick while snorkeling!

Sea Bands are not a drug, just little stretchy bands that have a small plastic bump that you position on a specific place on your wrist. They seem to work on an acupressure theory. They are available in the pharmacy section, near the Bonine & Dramamine. No prescription necessary. :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter