Bold predictions of 2017 Free Dining announcement date

Party.Of.4-NY>>>FL

DIS Veteran
So as of today (March 24, 2017) Disney has not announced what is probably their most popular promotion of the year. Free Dining!!!

Many Dis'ers are anxiously awaiting the announcement so I thought it would be fun to compile a list of everyone's predictions for when it will be announced. I will keep a running list in post #2 for all that wish to reply. For those searching for the 2017 Free Dining watch thread here you go:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2017-free-dining-plan-watch-wait-and-dream.3576059/

***WINNING ENTRIES***
Upon official word from Disney via their website, all those that correctly predicted the announcement date will win the following:

1. An all expense paid virtual and completely imaginary "high five" via the internet from me.

2. An all access pass to next years Free Dining threads where you will be endowed with the privilege of reminding others that, yes, you indeed did predict the correct date for last year's announcement and therefore reserve the right to speculate both early and often with regard to the 2018 announcement in aforementioned threads.

3. The personal satisfaction that comes with winning something,......anything,......because everyone else around you is always winning stuff and it's about time you did too.

*No purchase necessary to enter.
*All entries must be submitted in writing, here, on this thread. (but that was kind of obvious.)
*Once your entry has been logged in Post #2 of this thread it is final (no backsies). No changes can be made......well......actually a moderator can change any of this at any time and these are made up rules anyway so they don't really apply.

Last edited:
Here's the list of everyone's predictions. Parentheses indicates the date the prediction was made.
March 31st
@Sadiemae76 (3/24)
@Nikki_Arden (3/24)
April 1st
@sharonabe (3/24)
April 2nd
@Jeaniec (3/25)
April 3rd
@smallworldnh (3/24)
@pigletto (3/25)
@Amunet (3/24)
@ratodino (3/25)
April 4th
@FinnsMom7 (3/24)
@lovemy2girls4eva (3/25)
April 5th
@tink1957
April 10th
@allysetraskos (3/24)
@DisKaren (3/25)
@KimBean (3/26)
@JadeDarkstar (4/03)
April 11th
@kbruson (3/24)
April 17th
@menotyou21 (3/24)
@ThistleMae (3/25)
@DiaryofaDisneyKid (3/25)
@otg (3/25)
April 19th
@MamaBelle4 (3/25)
April 22nd
@Party.Of.4-NY>>>FL (3/24)
April 24th
@Rusty2rules (3/24)
@squirrel (3/24)
@Dsny4fun (3/24)
@Charolette (3/24)
@momto4obkids (3/26)
@Dis_Fan (3/27)
@DisTXMom (3/27)
@archdandy (4/02)
April 25th
@snuggles0124 (4/02)
May 1st
@Disneylover99 (3/24)
Predicted no Free Dining offered this year:
@Disney_traveler

Last edited:
So as of today (March 24, 2016) Disney has not announced what is probably their most popular promotion of the year. Free Dining!!!

Many Dis'ers are anxiously awaiting the announcement so I thought it would be fun to compile a list of everyone's predictions for when it will be announced. I will keep a running list in post #2 for all that wish to reply. For those searching for the 2017 Free Dining watch thread here you go:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2017-free-dining-plan-watch-wait-and-dream.3576059/

***WINNING ENTRIES***
Upon official word from Disney via their website, all those that correctly predicted the announcement date will win the following:

1. An all expense paid virtual and completely imaginary "high five" via the internet from me.

2. An all access pass to next years Free Dining threads where you will be endowed with the privilege of reminding others that, yes, you indeed did predict the correct date for last year's announcement and therefore reserve the right to speculate both early and often with regard to the 2018 announcement in aforementioned threads.

3. The personal satisfaction that comes with winning something,......anything,......because everyone else around you is always winning stuff and it's about time you did too.

*No purchase necessary to enter.
*All entries must be submitted in writing, here, on this thread. (but that was kind of obvious.)
*Once your entry has been logged in Post #2 of this thread it is final (no backsies). No changes can be made......well......actually a moderator can change any of this at any time and these are made up rules anyway so they don't really apply.
this is too cute but edit the as of today date, you are a year behind!!!

I will go against all conventional wisdom and guess a Saturday. Earth Day. April 22nd as Disney's way to mark the one year anniversary of Rivers of Light not opening.

April 17th - Monday after Easter....time for celebration and Disney does something wonderful.....letting us enjoy lots of Easter chocolate while being up at 4AM!

April 17th - Monday after Easter....time for celebration and Disney does something wonderful.....letting us enjoy lots of Easter chocolate while being up at 4AM!
Oh no, I think I dislike this date more than the 24th. We will be celebrating 4 Birthdays and Easter on the 16th! No way will I be up that early (more like stay up that late 1 am for me). Also don't TA get the Monday as a holiday?

Oh no, I think I dislike this date more than the 24th. We will be celebrating 4 Birthdays and Easter on the 16th! No way will I be up that early (more like stay up that late 1 am for me). Also don't TA get the Monday as a holiday?
I would LOVE to be wrong.....don't tell my wife I ever said that! From what I understand, it normally drops on a Monday.

But it being Easter weekend, lots of places get Easter Monday off. Not sure about TA, but if they do then I doubt they would release FD on that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter