BoG Lunch still seat yourself?

ngm

Mouseketeer
Trying to finagle BoG reservations for lunch for my group of 7. I have a 12:50 for 4 and a 1:00 for 2. I can see that there is availability at 1:00 for a 1-person but yet it won't let me modify my 2-person to a 3-person. This makes sense to me if it's seated (certain tables have been allocated) but doesn't make sense to me for seat-yourself?

(I can't make a third reservation for one person as I have no more adults left in the party and they won't take a reservation for a child alone)

BOG lunch is seat yourself. Make the ADR you need to accomodate all of your party and you can sit together.

Hmmm that's really frustrating then that I can't add that single person (that shows as available) to my 2-person reservation.

I had similar issue in December with 6 people at 2:10, 1 person at 1:40 and 1 person at 2:25. I had problems being able to make/modify my 16 yo niece's ADR even though she was on my room reservation and I was doing all her FP"s. She has her own MDE account and is also on her 23 yo brother's account. He was able to make her ADR for her. I would call dining services and see what you can do to add the child. We were eventually able to change both the single ADR's to around 2:00. Changing one person's time was pretty easy in the days leading up. When we got to the kiosk to pay, the CM actually couldn't find the ADR for my niece (and we didn't have the conf number), but it was fine.

Yes you seat yourself.
You should remember for next time to never let a child be the only person in need of an ADR.
What you might be able to do is modify one of the reservations and swap out an adult in that reservation for the lone child and then look for an ADR for the lone adult.

Thanks. I only have 2 adults in the group, and this is requiring me to make my 3rd reservation. I called in and they couldn't modify the existing reservation to add a 3rd either, but they did allow for a second reservation in the same adult's name so now I have 1 reservation for 4, one for 2 and one for 1.

Thanks. I did. They still couldn't modify the reservation, but they could at least give me a 3rd reservation despite having no more adults in the group. (Although this took multiple phone calls. The first couple of people I spoke to just said "Weird, I can't help you".)

We were there last Thursday for an 11am lunch with a party of 2. We were seated by a CM. I did see other parties ask to be seated in a certain room, but we just went where they put us.

Reactions: ngm
Interesting! Seated by a CM would make sense for why I can't modify, but would also mean I need to be more diligent about trying to get a reservation all together instead of just relying on ourselves to be able to bag seats together! Thanks!

We were there last Thursday for an 11am lunch with a party of 2. We were seated by a CM. I did see other parties ask to be seated in a certain room, but we just went where they put us.
Data point: We were there Sunday for a 1 p.m. lunch reservation. We seated ourselves.

Reactions: ngm
Ha ha, of course! Ah well, I'll keep trying to get a reso together and if not we'll just hope for the best!

I've been seated at lunch at BOG before. Granted, it was 3 years ago. It was a Wednesday in the middle of January (the 22nd to be exact), so not a busy time at all. Although I think that restaurant is always packed regardless.

Interesting. Was it overly busy?

I didn't think so...It was 11am so people are still eating breakfast and we were the first lunch reservations. Definitely busy but there were quite a few empty tables. I was surprised we were seated by a CM. It was our first time, but from everything I read, I thought we would seat ourselves.

My wife and a friend of hers just walked out of there a half hour ago. They seated themselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter