Bob Sagat has died

This reminds me of when Natasha Richardson fell and hit her head during a skiing lesson. She refused medical treatment at the time. And by the time she realized it was worse than she originally thought and called for an ambulance, it was already too late. :sad1:

:sad1: He’s a tall guy. With being tall it’s so easy to miscalculate and hit your head hard when you’re taller on an open cabinet, roof of vehicle, overheads, shelf, closet rack, light fixture, doorway, etc. Us taller people hit our heads so often, it stinks. When we hit, we hit hard too. Poor guy.

Yeah. I remember back when I was big into riding bicycles, I read some articles stating that an unobstructed fall of just 3 feet on the head could be potentially fatal. I used to ride with a group of friends including some who didn't always wear helmets, and some older rider seeing us chided the helmetless riders with "They can fix everything except the brain."

But absolutely there's all sorts of things that are potentially fatal just with an unobstructed hit to the head. There could be bleeding or swelling that could be dealt with if there's someone else. However, it sounds like he just fell asleep and never woke up.

Sounds like it was just a freak accident. So sad, especially when he was just restarting his career, happy to be back on the road doing stand-up shows.

Around 25 years ago, a girl who went to school with a family friend of mine, was hit in the head by a soccer ball at a game. She was OK after it happened, but that night she went to bed and never woke up the next morning. Bob Saget's death reminded me of this.

That's happened before. The girl who died after being hit by a hockey puck in the head (and why there's netting these days at NHL games) walked away with just some blood coming out from an external wound. But otherwise she didn't show any signs of serious head trauma. Apparently she didn't even feel it until the blood started coming. She managed to walk to a first-aid stand on her own power where they patched it up, although she was taken to a hospital as a precaution. Turns out she had a skull fracture and they didn't catch that she had a torn artery that let to severe clotting and swelling.

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/2010/12/18/nine-years-after-13-year/24048691007/

When I was a kid I was a member of a choir where one of the kid (I didn't know him) apparently got too close and got hit in the head with a golf club and died. As much as the human body can take a lot, the head really isn't built to take too much damage.

A month after a new family moved onto my street, their special needs 13 year old daughter, slipped somehow while brushing her teeth in the bathroom. She hit her head on the bathtub and died.

Head injuries are no joke.

My question is how are they sure it was an "accident" and not something intentionally caused by another part.
It's very obvious during an autopsy. The types of trauma evident are quite different.

This seems similar to the Natasha Richardson death. Head trauma with no immediate effect, followed by internal bleeding. From there, you have at least three possibilities, probably more:
  • Swelling of the brain and herniation of the brain stem causing death
  • a clot blocking part of the brain's blood supply - ischemic stroke
  • a clot breaking loose and going to the lungs - pulmonary embolism

William Holden was the other head trauma death I was thinking of, but he cut his head in a fall at his home and bled to death. He was an alcoholic, and he wasn't able or didn't think about calling for an ambulance.

Natasha Richardson is likely the closest parallel, although Bob's fall or whatever happened that caused him to hit his head was unwitnessed.

Wow, that was unexpected. It's good to know but It's hard because they will never know what transpired, Did he falll? If so where did he fall, when did he fall, what did he hit his head on etc. Or did he whack his head on something, or did he get hit with an object. I just hope the information gives peace and closure to his loved ones.

My husbands has conferences at this hotel and the bathroom floor is marble and also very large for a bathroom. The bath towels are stored under the sink in open shelves. Many times, my husband would yell to me to go grab a towel, he forgot to grab one before his shower. When I heard he hit his head, I told my husband, I bet he slipped in the bathroom. But when we built our house, we were going to put down tile in our bathrooms and I said, not a chance, no one is going to slip and fall and crack their heads. The contractor thought I was nuts. I said this because I remembered how slippery the floors were at The Ritz. This is just my opinion.

I was quite saddened by Bob Saget's death. - still am to this day.
grew up watching the guy - he was a small part of my life for many years.

Was watching a YT video last night about his death.
The autopsy indicated he died from "head trauma" - ok, I believe the coroner obviously.
But they said he had head traumas on "several parts" of his head, including the front, side and back, and I was thinking, that's not a fall. you only hit one place of your head when you fall.

My theory - he got into a big fight, and he got several hard blows to the head

I never get involved in fights - I'd like to think I'm a chill and peaceful person - despite frequenting places prone to fuel male testosterone (read: bars, hockey arenas, baseball parks, other alcohol-filled venues) but I've seen guys getting clocked, getting blow after blow on their heads (sometimes even kicked in the head) and getting up and walking away as if nothing happened.
Manly pride, I suppose? I'll never know as I've only been in a fight once in my life, when I was a teenager, and it was a minor scuffle.

But yeah, he was in a fight. He got several blows to the head, was too cocky/cavalier to go check himself to the hospital, fell asleep and sadly, died.

Just spilling some personal thoughts about his incredibly sad passing - still can't get over it.

I was quite saddened by Bob Saget's death. - still am to this day.
grew up watching the guy - he was a small part of my life for many years.

Was watching a YT video last night about his death.
The autopsy indicated he died from "head trauma" - ok, I believe the coroner obviously.
But they said he had head traumas on "several parts" of his head, including the front, side and back, and I was thinking, that's not a fall. you only hit one place of your head when you fall.

My theory - he got into a big fight, and he got several hard blows to the head

I never get involved in fights - I'd like to think I'm a chill and peaceful person - despite frequenting places prone to fuel male testosterone (read: bars, hockey arenas, baseball parks, other alcohol-filled venues) but I've seen guys getting clocked, getting blow after blow on their heads (sometimes even kicked in the head) and getting up and walking away as if nothing happened.
Manly pride, I suppose? I'll never know as I've only been in a fight once in my life, when I was a teenager, and it was a minor scuffle.

But yeah, he was in a fight. He got several blows to the head, was too cocky/cavalier to go check himself to the hospital, fell asleep and sadly, died.

Just spilling some personal thoughts about his incredibly sad passing - still can't get over it.

I think if he'd been in a fight/brawl, there would have been other facial signs and I don't think there was any witnessed by the employees who discovered him. I agree with you that it's very odd that he had skull fractures in both the back and front of his head.

I think if he'd been in a fight/brawl, there would have been other facial signs and I don't think there was any witnessed by the employees who discovered him. I agree with you that it's very odd that he had skull fractures in both the back and front of his head.

Yeah. I was reading more about this and found out his family filed an injunction to block additional details about his death after the coroner mentioned he died due to head trauma.
Specifically, to block video evidence. So there's some kind of video/evidence and they're blocking the details.
Which I'm fine with, the family is asking for privacy and they should get it.
All I'm saying is "head trauma on several parts of his skull...." only has one explanation: a major fight.
This is too sad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter