Blizzard today!

You're hopefully on the road by now. Have a safe trip and post when you feel like it. More important, have a great time!

j

You're hopefully on the road by now. Have a safe trip and post when you feel like it. More important, have a great time!

j
We were able to get on the road by just about 5 PM.... Then we got about 4 miles down the road and the DW realized she forgot her Cell Phone (which is also her camera). So Next exit.... Loop back around.... Go back home... Pick up the phone. She was quite upset, because she is the one that usually remembers everything. I was just glad she realized it before we had gotten too much further.

Then as we got going down the road, the plan was to stop along the way and grab something quick to eat. So while it's not my first choice, we stopped at a McDonalds, figuring it would be quick. WRONG!

First it was in a "Mall" area and there was no room for us to pull into Mc Donalds. We parked in the mall lot, had to walk across the lot (only a short distance) and a road to get to into the McD. There was a LINE.... Ugh! So after waiting a few minutes, a couple of people left the line. (Not a good sign). a few minutes later, they announced that they could no longer accept credit cards and could only do cash... UGH (again). No worries, I guess... I have cash. So a few more minutes in the line, then a customer's order ahead of us was taken, it printed out the Receipt and the order number was something like "66-1 / 6962 -1" when it should a simple 3 or 4 digit number.... The manager/supervisor/senior person (whatever they were) then announced that the inside registers could no longer take ANY orders.

So we just wasted 20 minutes waiting to get our "Fast Food" and couldn't get anything. Oh Joy.... Loaded back up and moved on down the road. Tried again at a later Mc D's and was successful. Not a good start, but otherwise, the trip was still great.

We were able to get on the road by just about 5 PM.... . So while it's not my first choice, we stopped at a McDonalds, figuring it would be quick. we just wasted 20 minutes waiting to get our "Fast Food" and couldn't get anything.
It's funny how those things only happen when you are in a hurry to get some where. Sounds like the rest of the trip went well and you made it.

j

It's funny how those things only happen when you are in a hurry to get some where. Sounds like the rest of the trip went well and you made it.

j
Yup. Back now (sadly). Wasn't able to post in the November TR thread as much as I wanted though. Our wifi at the fort seemed to be very lacking and unreliable every time I tried to use it. Even Hot spotting my Cell (AT&T) didn't improve much. Now, I am trying to get things caught up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter