Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon?

Crazy4DisneyandTink

Mouseketeer
I'm still trying to decide which water park we should go to next week? Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon? There are 10 of us, 5 adults and 5 kids. The kids range in age from 11-16.

Thanks in advance!
:mickeyjum

I'm still trying to decide which water park we should go to next week? Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon? There are 10 of us, 5 adults and 5 kids. The kids range in age from 11-16.

Thanks in advance!

Hello there! Are the kids "thrill seekers"? Do they like water slides? If the answer to one or both of those questions is yes than I would say Blizzard Beach, hands down! BB is full of water slides, plus the obligatory lazy river and wave pool. It always seems a bit more crowded to me, but if you get there at park open and grab a nice spot, it shouldn't bother you too much.

Typhoon Lagoon has slides, but less of them. The only thing at TL that the kids will most likely want to do that has no comparison at BB is Crush-n-Gusher, the water coaster. TL also has the Shark Reef attraction which is fantastic, but I will tell you, when I was a kid, I refused to go in there with my family. Now that I'm almost 30, it's one of the attractions I look forward to the most! TL has a bit more of a relaxed, tropical feel and the wave pool is out of this world! The wave pool at BB just has the bobbing waves and they allow inner tubes, which for whatever reason annoys me. Bumper floats anyone?

The decision to go to BB or TL is one that I've never had to make, as I've always made sure to go to both. But because of the fact that the kids are prime age for some thrill seeking and water sliding, I'd say BB.

Let us know what you decide on!! :thumbsup2

Hi - just got back from 14 days and visited both twice - both are great but different. As previous poster said..

Best slides without a doubt we think are BB
Best lazy river.....maybe just BB but not by much...both are good
Best wave pool...TL by miles...best wave pool we have ever been in!!

Either one is great but if you can do both do it!!

If you are only going once I would go first thing in the morning...just in case an afternoon thunderstorm closes the pools...happened to us twice this holiday but luckily we could change our plans!!

Enjoy.....

Hi - just got back from 14 days and visited both twice - both are great but different. As previous poster said..

Best slides without a doubt we think are BB
Best lazy river.....maybe just BB but not by much...both are good
Best wave pool...TL by miles...best wave pool we have ever been in!!

Either one is great but if you can do both do it!!

If you are only going once I would go first thing in the morning...just in case an afternoon thunderstorm closes the pools...happened to us twice this holiday but luckily we could change our plans!!

Enjoy.....

We are going for 14 days as well! We plan on going to TL twice and BB once.

Where did you stay?! My 2 week Disney trip cannot get here soon enough!!

Thanks in advance!

If big water slides are the main goal then BB is the way to go. Lazy river is also good but wave pool is pretty pathetic. We enjoy the big family raft water slide here much better. They do have pretty cool are for older kids and pre-teens.

TL has more variety. Shark Reef is amazing. The water roller coaster is tons of fun. The best thing about TL for my family is the wave pool. Truly awesome and powerful waves (hint - don't try to stand where the waves break)

I agree with the PP's that the slides at BB are "better" (though Crush 'n Gusher was my family's favorite.) The theme at BB is also really cute, and unique, though I found the tropical theme of TL to be much more relaxing.

We are going for 14 days as well! We plan on going to TL twice and BB once.

Where did you stay?! My 2 week Disney trip cannot get here soon enough!!

We stayed at POFQ - it was brilliant - had a perfect holiday - 4 visits to each park, 2 each to the water parks, and a few nights resort hopping to try new restaurants. Wish we lived in USA so we could go more often...:):)

I like different things about both. See my review (link below) for more info.

Just got back.

Did BB once and TL twice.

BB has a great family raft ride and it has two very big and fast slides.

TL has MUCH better theming, a shark pool, three water coasters, a better lazy river, better music, and of course a GREAT wave pool.

Hands down, TL

We stayed at POFQ - it was brilliant - had a perfect holiday - 4 visits to each park, 2 each to the water parks, and a few nights resort hopping to try new restaurants. Wish we lived in USA so we could go more often...:):)

I'm glad you had such a great vacation!!!

I'm glad you had such a great vacation!!!

5 years and we will be back again (thats how long it takes us to save - we live in UK)!
Started when the kids were little and now they are 26 and 20...they came with us again and still loved every second!!

Maybe next time we will have little grandchildren and start the magic up all over again!!!!:):)

5 years and we will be back again (thats how long it takes us to save - we live in UK)!
Started when the kids were little and now they are 26 and 20...they came with us again and still loved every second!!

Maybe next time we will have little grandchildren and start the magic up all over again!!!!:):)

Awww, adorable! I know that my mother cannot wait to take my little niece (she'll be 3 in September) to WDW since we grew up going every couple of years, but my sister doesn't want to take her until she's 5 or 6.

If you are using the Water parks fun and more pass, there is a miniature golf park that will be free and it is right near the entrance to BB.

I thought I read that Blizzard Beach no longer has resort bus service. The bus drops and picks you up at Downtown Disney. For me that is reason enough to pick TL over BB. The last thing I want to do after a day at the waterpark is to stand around DTD waiting for a resort bus.

I just left Disney yesterday and it defiantly had bus service to blizzard beach, they were doing testing earlier in the year though. But I would suggest blizzard beach over typhoon

Blizzard beach is way better for you and the age group your going with. There is more rides and all the rides arnt so kiddy and you will have a lot of funn!:thumbsup2

What about a trip in December? Would either park be more preferable then?

One of the water parks will be closed for refurbishment. Usually TL closes end of October-Dec. and then BB closes Jan-March. Watch the schedule to see which is open this year.

Also if the temp is below a certain temp and not expected to warm up a lot they may even close the park that is open.

Just got back.

Did BB once and TL twice.

BB has a great family raft ride and it has two very big and fast slides.

TL has MUCH better theming, a shark pool, three water coasters, a better lazy river, better music, and of course a GREAT wave pool.

Hands down, TL

Kidd Freeper summed it up best for why TL is great. When I go on vacation in the summer from an area that has a very snowy winter, I want to feel like I'm in paradise, not a ski resort :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter